Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Well I just have to watch this gif until I fall asleep, cold and ashamed.
IMG_6461.GIF

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I bought a vintage german biking jacket in medium weight cowhide (jacket is about 5 lbs heavy, so comparable to Aeros FQHH weightwise, I guess), the color is a very dark green, in the right light almost black-ish, as it was popular in Germany at some point, many old german leather jackets I have seen are in that color. I tried to catch the color with the fairly bad camera of my mobile phone and failed, I did take a shot of it hanging next to a black Vanson though to give you an idea at least.

Ywe9ceG.jpg

It's condition is as new. And I mean that. No scratches, scuffs nor anything to the leather, not even any noticable creases on the sleeves. No wear at all to the collar as old jackets usually have. No smells on it either. Lining is fairly thick and warm moleskin in almost new condition. This jacket must have been bought and never been worn. The guy I bought it from told me it had been hanging in his closet for the past 25 years, couldn't tell me much about before that though but I'm guessing the previous owner treated it very comparably.

I don't know how old it is, but if I had to guess, I'd 1950s or maybe early 1960s.. the vertical front and back seams are classic design elements of that time.. I took a pic of the zippers, maybe someone here knows how to date it by that, would be appreciated.

wdCvINh.jpg

iY3K0o0.jpg

8MKU1h1.jpg

Cg4Aluj.jpg

8SPIoGv.jpg

UxPZgwu.jpg

Fit pictures have to wait, we currently renovate the bathroom and I couldn't take a shower this morning, I'll spare you a picture of my current ape-status. :D It's a great fit, though!

Please tell me whether you can see the pictures, I just switched to imgur because photobucket kept making me troubles and I'm still in a process of adapting and finmding out how it works.
Thanks.

I bought a vintage german biking jacket in medium weight cowhide (jacket is about 5 lbs heavy, so comparable to Aeros FQHH weightwise, I guess), the color is a very dark green, in the right light almost black-ish, as it was popular in Germany at some point, many old german leather jackets I have seen are in that color. I tried to catch the color with the fairly bad camera of my mobile phone and failed, I did take a shot of it hanging next to a black Vanson though to give you an idea at least.

Ywe9ceG.jpg

It's condition is as new. And I mean that. No scratches, scuffs nor anything to the leather, not even any noticable creases on the sleeves. No wear at all to the collar as old jackets usually have. No smells on it either. Lining is fairly thick and warm moleskin in almost new condition. This jacket must have been bought and never been worn. The guy I bought it from told me it had been hanging in his closet for the past 25 years, couldn't tell me much about before that though but I'm guessing the previous owner treated it very comparably.

I don't know how old it is, but if I had to guess, I'd 1950s or maybe early 1960s.. the vertical front and back seams are classic design elements of that time.. I took a pic of the zippers, maybe someone here knows how to date it by that, would be appreciated.

wdCvINh.jpg

iY3K0o0.jpg

8MKU1h1.jpg

Cg4Aluj.jpg

8SPIoGv.jpg

UxPZgwu.jpg

Fit pictures have to wait, we currently renovate the bathroom and I couldn't take a shower this morning, I'll spare you a picture of my current ape-status. :D It's a great fit, though!

Please tell me whether you can see the pictures, I just switched to imgur because photobucket kept making me troubles and I'm still in a process of adapting and finmding out how it works.
Thanks.
Pictures look great JJ. Very cool jacket! Love the color and it looks substantial indeed!

Ywe9ceG.jpg

wdCvINh.jpg

iY3K0o0.jpg

8MKU1h1.jpg

Cg4Aluj.jpg

8SPIoGv.jpg

UxPZgwu.jpg

Thanks.

Awesome coat! I see them sometimes here, in Croatia as well. Rarely. One very similar coat to this slipped my fingers a year ago, but it was too big anyway... I know I've said this many times before but these German made coats and jackets are on the level of the finest stuff then and now. I'd love to collect more some day.

Go to link and click on specs. Then scroll through photos. One shot gives you decent view of back.
I wonder if it's full comp weight or z-150 or something else all together....looks like the L is sold out. Thank the lord. Could've made a really quick impulse buy this morning.

I wonder if it's full comp weight or z-150 or something else all together....looks like the L is sold out. Thank the lord. Could've made a really quick impulse buy this morning.

Reminds me of the z or x-150. One of those. I have to take a closer look.

Yes, no L but I have been trying to tell myself, "a medium might work". Lol. Don't...do...it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy