Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Speaking of Vanson, they have a 15% off sale going on this weekend. I pulled the trigger on a Mohawk Cafe Racer, two pocket version without handwarmers. Hoping this slimmer pattern works better for me vs the Aero CR I tried / returned.

Roll2me

Familiar Face
225039b0b7b2c5c6d944e75a99ccf6ac.jpg

I just got Schott 673 delivered. How’s the fit?

30092bab6e813411300dd5eb9799b30e.jpg

The left and right sleeve looks different. This is brand new from Schott. Should I complain about it? Or just use it to look more like the right hand sleeve? (More creases)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab

The left and right sleeve looks different. This is brand new from Schott. Should I complain about it? Or just use it to look more like the right hand sleeve? (More creases)

People pay much money for jackets by a certain japanese brand whos signature is more creasing on one side of the jacket than on the other, you should be lucky Schott didnt charge you more for this feature! :D

In all seriousness though, it's no fault or reason to return. Leather is an organic material, two hides will never look the same and while more expensive makers may go the extra mile and try to use hides matching as closely as possible, I don't think you can expect that from Schott nor does it bring you any actual benefit. Good fit too. Congratulations!

Roll2me

Familiar Face
People pay much money for jackets by a certain japanese brand whos signature is more creasing on one side of the jacket than on the other, you should be lucky Schott didnt charge you more for this feature! :D

In all seriousness though, it's no fault or reason to return. Leather is an organic material, two hides will never look the same and while more expensive makers may go the extra mile and try to use hides matching as closely as possible, I don't think you can expect that from Schott nor does it bring you any actual benefit. Good fit too. Congratulations!

Thanks for the info,.
This is my first leather jacket so I don't have much experience with it. I like it both ways. The more sleeve with more crease is more supple. Should I expect the left side will develop into the same look?

I'm trying hard to get that more grainy look on my left sleeve. I think I just need to be patient since it's only my first day.

Crazy thing is I am in Singapore with crazy hot weather. I plan to use this in aircon room and if I'm travelling overseas (usually China, Europe, and sometime might be in US).

dubpynchon

One Too Many

It looks good, what's the sleeve length like? I seem to need the sleeves shortened on any Schott jacket I buy, and half of the Vanson ones. I know they're meant to be longer for bikes but it's still a pain. Your jacket fits well everywhere else.

Roll2me

Familiar Face
It looks good, what's the sleeve length like? I seem to need the sleeves shortened on any Schott jacket I buy, and half of the Vanson ones. I know they're meant to be longer for bikes but it's still a pain. Your jacket fits well everywhere else.

So, you think my jacket sleeve is a bit too long?

When I ask the measurement, Schott gave me this size (sorry for the bad placement)

MEASUREMENT POINT
CHEST (in half)
SWEEP (in half)
BACK LENGTH from CB Neck
CROSS SHOULDER
SLEEVE LENGTH
(from shoulder @armhole)
SLEEVE LENGTH
(from CENTER BACK NECK)

M
22 1/4
21 1/4
26 3/8
18 1/4
25 1/2
34 3/4

Reducing size to S doesn't help since it will be 25.25 vs 25.5 inch

Thanks for the info,.
This is my first leather jacket so I don't have much experience with it. I like it both ways. The more sleeve with more crease is more supple. Should I expect the left side will develop into the same look?

No, they won't ever look exactly the same and that is perfectly fine - Though the leather will even out in the future. In addition to what @jacketjunkie said, this is one of the telltale signs that your jacket's been made from a high quality leather. Inspect your awesome jacket all over and you'll find none of the panels really appear to match perfectly. So it's all good.

Oh, and I think you should keep it. Fits you very nice!

Roll2me

Familiar Face
No, they won't ever look exactly the same and that is perfectly fine - Though the leather will even out in the future. In addition to what @jacketjunkie said, this is one of the telltale signs that your jacket's been made from a high quality leather. Inspect your awesome jacket all over and you'll find none of the panels really appear to match perfectly. So it's all good.

Oh, and I think you should keep it. Fits you very nice!

Thank you! The main reason I post here is to hear from people with lot of experience (addict? :D)with leather jacket across manufacturer and brands

Thank you! The main reason I post here is to hear from people with lot of experience (addict? :D)with leather jacket across manufacturer and brands

No problem. And don't worry, most of us here would want the sleeves to be different. :D

dubpynchon

One Too Many
So, you think my jacket sleeve is a bit too long?

When I ask the measurement, Schott gave me this size (sorry for the bad placement)

MEASUREMENT POINT
CHEST (in half)
SWEEP (in half)
BACK LENGTH from CB Neck
CROSS SHOULDER
SLEEVE LENGTH
(from shoulder @armhole)
SLEEVE LENGTH
(from CENTER BACK NECK)

M
22 1/4
21 1/4
26 3/8
18 1/4
25 1/2
34 3/4

Reducing size to S doesn't help since it will be 25.25 vs 25.5 inch
Not if they don't feel long! I'm not criticising your jacket's fit, if it feels fine to you it's all good. Some people prefer their sleeves longer, some shorter. I find them annoying when they get down to the first set of knuckles but that's just me. This never bothered me before I started collecting jackets though, who knows. The mismatched leather is fine, in time you'll appreciate that it makes the jacket seem more unique.

Roll2me

Familiar Face
Not if they don't feel long! I'm not criticising your jacket's fit, if it feels fine to you it's all good. Some people prefer their sleeves longer, some shorter. I find them annoying when they get down to the first set of knuckles but that's just me. This never bothered me before I started collecting jackets though, who knows. The mismatched leather is fine, in time you'll appreciate that it makes the jacket seem more unique.

I feel a bit too long by 1-1.5 inch but not many place can alter a very heavyweight leather like this. And alter cost will be very expensive. Return also will incur very high shipping cost.

At the end, I think overall is still okay based on the feedback from people here

Edward

Bartender
Grizzlies are the best! I love mine!

hcqaOaF.jpg

Although its not an easy pattern to size, because it is super V shaped.
Looking forward to fit pics, fingers crossed hoping it fits!

That seems to be common with several of Aero's Bike jackets (iot is, of course, period-correct), but it does make it something you have to be careful with.

How do you find the Grizzly in terms of warmth? Warmer than a regular leather, but not close to shearling I assume? I've considered a blanket lined one for Winter.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That seems to be common with several of Aero's Bike jackets (iot is, of course, period-correct), but it does make it something you have to be careful with.

How do you find the Grizzly in terms of warmth? Warmer than a regular leather, but not close to shearling I assume? I've considered a blanket lined one for Winter.

I have only worn my Grizzly last winter, which wasn't that cold.
It is noticeably warmer than a regular leather jacket, but it never gets toasty hot like a shearling jacket does.
It regulates heat better than shearling, it's not as warm, but it's also not as sweaty.
What is most noticeable is how diminished the effect of wind is.
IMO leather is crap when it is cold and windy, you can feel the wind just tearing the heat away from you through the leather.
In the grizzly you could be standing in the middle of a freezing tornado, and wouldn't feel the wind on your body. You feel the push, but not the heat loss.

It also deal surprisingly well with getting wet. Water gets trapped in suspension within the hair but doesn't make it through the skin. After a while it gets packed with water and you can just squeegee it off with your hand.

Edward

Bartender
I have only worn my Grizzly last winter, which wasn't that cold.
It is noticeably warmer than a regular leather jacket, but it never gets toasty hot like a shearling jacket does.
It regulates heat better than shearling, it's not as warm, but it's also not as sweaty.
What is most noticeable is how diminished the effect of wind is.
IMO leather is crap when it is cold and windy, you can feel the wind just tearing the heat away from you through the leather.
In the grizzly you could be standing in the middle of a freezing tornado, and wouldn't feel the wind on your body. You feel the push, but not the heat loss.

It also deal surprisingly well with getting wet. Water gets trapped in suspension within the hair but doesn't make it through the skin. After a while it gets packed with water and you can just squeegee it off with your hand.

Thanks, useful to know. I'd wondered about the wet. I tend to find leather in general breaks the wind just fine, but it certainly doesn't do much to keep the heat in absent a good, warm liner. Sounds like a blanket-lined Grizzly could be the ideal 'one step down' from a shearling.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking about this Japanese DELUXWARE denim jacket in indigo blue for Summer wear - perhaps as it reminds me of a very nice Thedi leather jacket which is still on my to-do list
th_3F6R6206.jpg

49.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff