Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I have a Five Star goatskin knockoff coming. I sent Shawn some pictures of what style I wanted, asked about light weight goatskin, we decided on the lining, thread color, and buttons. I sent him jacket measurements that I wanted and it shipped in less than 2 weeks. View attachment 258004 View attachment 258005 View attachment 258006 View attachment 258008
My custom Five Star jacket arrived today, DHL Express 8 days from Pakistan. It is a dark seal brown goatskin, about 2.5 ounces or one mm in thickness, and the whole jacket weighs around 3.4 pounds. The leather is chrome tanned, has a nice light weight hand, drapes nicely, and has a pleasant new leather scent. The jacket has cognac colored light weight cotton lining, and pocket pouches, #5 Talon zippers, and Shawn threw in an inside pocket and horn buttons at no extra charge.

This is what I ordered:
Leather : Seal Brown lightweight Goatskin
Lining : Cognac Cotton lining
Zippers : Talon
Thread : You haven't for it. You can select from the available options. Otherwise matches to leather can be used.
Your Garment will have the below mentioned measurements
Chest 25 inches
Shoulder 20 inches
Sleeves 27 inches It would be much better if you can provide the sleeve length according to our measuring method too.
Back length 26 inches
Bottom Hem 23 inches

Five Star measures the sleeves in a straight line from the shoulder (not around the curve), so I asked for 26 1/2 inches which came in right at 27 inches. The pit to pit came in at 24 inches not 25 inches, the shoulders are 19 inches not 20, and the length and hem were spot on. The stitching is quite straight, no wobbly stitches or errant stitch holes, and the button holes are well done.

I am impressed with the quality product and excellent customer service that Five Star offers. I am quite pleased with the fit of the jacket, and amazed that I could send Shawn pictures of a jacket, and he could create a new pattern and make the jacket catching a lot of detail, even the subtle FW curve of the zipper.

Maybe I’ll try out Five Star’s capeskin next.

IMG_1762.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1764.jpeg
IMG_1774.jpeg
IMG_1776.jpeg

Last edited:

Fonzie

One Too Many
My custom Five Star jacket arrived today, DHL Express 8 days from Pakistan. It is a dark seal brown goatskin, about 2.5 inches thick, and the whole jacket weighs around 3.4 pounds. The leather is chrome tanned, has a nice light weight hand, drapes nicely, and has a pleasant new leather scent. The jacket has cognac colored light weight cotton lining, and pocket pouches, #5 Talon zippers, and Shawn threw in an inside pocket and horn buttons at no extra charge.

This is what I ordered:
Thread : You haven't for it. You can select from the available options. Otherwise matches to leather can be used.
Chest 25 inches
Shoulder 20 inches
Sleeves 27 inches It would be much better if you can provide the sleeve length according to our measuring method too.
Back length 26 inches
Bottom Hem 23 inches

Five Star measures the sleeves in a straight line from the shoulder (not around the curve), so I asked for 26 1/2 inches which came in right at 27 inches. The pit to pit came in at 24 inches not 25 inches, the shoulders are 19 inches not 20, and the length and hem were spot on. The stitching is quite straight, no wobbly stitches or errant stitch holes, and the button holes are well done.

I am impressed with the quality product and excellent customer service that Five Star offers. I am quite pleased with the fit of the jacket, and amazed that I could send Shawn pictures of a jacket, and he could create a new pattern and make the jacket catching a lot of detail, even the subtle FW curve of the zipper.

View attachment 259681 View attachment 259682 View attachment 259683 View attachment 259684 View attachment 259685 View attachment 259686 View attachment 259687
Spectacular. Five Star is killing it!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My custom Five Star jacket arrived today, DHL Express 8 days from Pakistan. It is a dark seal brown goatskin, about 2.5 ounces or one mm in thickness, and the whole jacket weighs around 3.4 pounds. The leather is chrome tanned, has a nice light weight hand, drapes nicely, and has a pleasant new leather scent. The jacket has cognac colored light weight cotton lining, and pocket pouches, #5 Talon zippers, and Shawn threw in an inside pocket and horn buttons at no extra charge.

This is what I ordered:
Chest 25 inches
Shoulder 20 inches
Back length 26 inches
Bottom Hem 23 inches

View attachment 259681 View attachment 259682 View attachment 259683 View attachment 259684 View attachment 259685 View attachment 259686 View attachment 259687

Cool.
Next time try the semi veg tanned heavy goat (1.2mm). I think that's 5 * specialty.

Regarding the measurements ... it is best to point out to Shawn in every email that the observance of the measurements is very important. Even at the risk of annoying. Otherwise there is a risk that the dimensions will be seen as recommendations rather than specifications.
It is also helpful to specify exactly how to measure. So e.g. Jacket flat, seam to seam etc.
If you keep this in mind, you get a very good price/performance ratio at 5 *.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Looks good Jonesy!, and a custom jacket 8 days from order to delivery? That’s crazy
My new LW jacket also only took 6 days (incl. weekend) door to door (New York to Germany) including customs clearance....I expected a couple of weeks in these times. Finally it arrived yesterday.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Cool.
Next time try the semi veg tanned heavy goat (1.2mm). I think that's 5 * specialty.

Regarding the measurements ... it is best to point out to Shawn in every email that the observance of the measurements is very important. Even at the risk of annoying. Otherwise there is a risk that the dimensions will be seen as recommendations rather than specifications.
It is also helpful to specify exactly how to measure. So e.g. Jacket flat, seam to seam etc.
If you keep this in mind, you get a very good price/performance ratio at 5 *.
I discussed going with the premium goat skin, but decided on the lighter one which isn’t bad at all.
Shawn was pretty specific about the measurements, and even sent photos with a tape. The discrepancy could be explained in a slight difference of tape placement, and stretching the leather a bit when measuring. I wouldn’t want it any bigger, so I am pleased.

Last edited:

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Here's my new LW Leathertogs made of 4.5oz HH and equipped with all Crown zippers and red wine constrast lining. I'm more than happy with the overall construction, stitching ("laser stitching" as usual), etc. It took just 6 days (incl. weekend) to arrive. Communication with Stu was straight forward and easy as usual. I'm afraid, I don't have enough time at the moment for making a detailed review but most of you know this jacket very well from reviews by @Carlos840 or @red devil Fit-wise, I think it fits me well.

upload_2020-9-9_17-41-23.png

upload_2020-9-9_17-42-59.png

upload_2020-9-9_17-43-19.png

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Here's my new LW Leathertogs made of 4.5oz HH and equipped with all Crown zippers and red wine constrast lining. I'm more than happy with the overall construction, stitching ("laser stitching" as usual), etc. It took just 6 days (incl. weekend) to arrive. Communication with Stu was straight forward and easy as usual. I'm afraid, I don't have enough time at the moment for making a detailed review but most of you know this jacket very well from reviews by @Carlos840 or @red devil Fit-wise, I think it fits me well.

View attachment 259803

View attachment 259804

View attachment 259805

Exccellent fit! Congratulations! Lost Worlds and Stu do excellent work again and again!

Now that you scored this, you surely won't need any of your other jackets any longer, will you? I happen to have a list of which ones I'd love to help you getting rid of, good guy that I am!

Hh121

Banned

View attachment 259803

View attachment 259804

View attachment 259805
Stunning,impeccable!!

red devil

View attachment 259803

View attachment 259804

View attachment 259805

Pretty much perfect! :D

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 259803

View attachment 259804

View attachment 259805
Whoa!

Blackadder

I would say a Japanese size 38.

My measurement
Pit to Pit is 40"
SHOULDER TO SHOULDER 18"
OUTSIDE SLEEVE SHOULDER TO CUFF 26"
Back length 23" base of collar to waist

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 259803

View attachment 259804

View attachment 259805

It does fit you quite well. My Test is the 4.5 and it is tough hide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko