Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

A rip in the sleeve lining is no biggie, and a pin hole allows for some customization...
If it fits, and the price was good keep it.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
I'm trying to cut back with mixed emotions. Lusting after some of the ones I sold a while back, but really trying to not buy any more. I'm such a weirdo. Every time I buy a premium jacket it just sits in the closet and I end up wearing my "beaters" instead. I'm gracefully exiting from the scene, slowly, with some exceptions. There's a hell of a lot one can buy with $700+ that isn't a jacket. At the moment I want a giant model zeppelin to hang from the ceiling. LOL

You're not a weirdo. All of us on the lounge are the weirdos compared to the general population who go about their day not thinking about what jacket to wear, buy, lust after etc. They put the appropriate jacket they own on for the weather that day. I'm completely with you, there are a lot of necessities that $700 + can buy especially if they already have a closet full of jackets.

56DeSoto

Familiar Face
A rip in the sleeve lining is no biggie, and a pin hole allows for some customization...
If it fits, and the price was good keep it.

I appreciate the encouragement! If the fit was perfect, I would probably figure out a way to work with it and find a tailor to repair it, but it's not quite right. I've been eyeing some other Branded options in a similar price range and suspect I would do better with one that is fully intact with any issues disclosed. I must admit I'm also a little peeved at the flaws being hidden.

RL204

One of the Regulars
New jacket option. I’ve been looking for a natural hide type 1 sort of style jacket. Fine creek made a beautiful one in the past but I’ve had absolutely no luck finding a new or used one in a 44. Y2 is making this one. Natural hide. If I pull the trigger the deposit is due by feb 20th and the jacket should show up fall 2021. I’ll hopefully have measurements by feb 8th which will obviously be the deciding factor. Now for pics.

C4C56490-7730-4F95-BAC4-5AC9DDD053A8.jpeg

4399FC46-F644-44E4-9933-90270032CB83.jpeg

9777FFF4-34CA-4C25-9198-EB2735A1BDBA.jpeg

87A4598E-3AEF-4E13-9CD6-D20D1FD5D2E4.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
You're not a weirdo. All of us on the lounge are the weirdos compared to the general population who go about their day not thinking about what jacket to wear, buy, lust after etc. They put the appropriate jacket they own on for the weather that day. I'm completely with you, there are a lot of necessities that $700 + can buy especially if they already have a closet full of jackets.

Welll, it’s a hobby after all, isn’t it?! It’s not about physical needs or being sensible. It’s about indulging into something that is special and that others don’t necessarily grasp.
I actually have two colleagues that envy me for being “into vintage inspired clothing”. They don’t understand, but they see my enthusiasm, me having fun talking endlessly about different styles in different historical contexts and occasionally they will even see an exhibit.

So, no! We’re no weirdos here.

wild_balls

Practically Family
Hi,
Received these two jackets. Far between in style. First one is a new Aero board racer j-100 in blackened Brown Vicenza horsehide. Nr 2 is a very rare Limited Indigofera Eagle Rising leather overshirt (no lining) in Italian aniline horsehide Cognac color, only 30 pieces ever made.
Too Cold for fit Pictures -10 Celsius!

Cheers Joakim

2021-01-31 10.50.59.jpg

2021-01-31 10.46.26.jpg 2021-01-31 10.48.38.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up

well the addiction relapsed since posting that.

56DeSoto

Familiar Face
Rolling the dice again with another eBay find. This Lesco cafe racer in a lighter color. Has some "distressing" to the leather. Not sure if I'll try to clean it or embrace the patina. We'll see what it looks like in person when it arrives!
lesco.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I appreciate the encouragement! If the fit was perfect, I would probably figure out a way to work with it and find a tailor to repair it, but it's not quite right. I've been eyeing some other Branded options in a similar price range and suspect I would do better with one that is fully intact with any issues disclosed. I must admit I'm also a little peeved at the flaws being hidden.

Look up Dena at Great Leather -- She can fix that one right up!

Cornelius

Practically Family
Mid-Western Deerskin Sport Togs Cafe Racer-New Berlin Wisconsin. The removable throat tab with the half-belt just came in. I have another Mid-Western on the way.

View attachment 307249 View attachment 307250 View attachment 307251 View attachment 307253

Those tags say "Berlin, Wisconsin", which is a small town near the center of the state, along Highway 49 west of Oshkosh; "New Berlin" is a different, slightly larger town in Wisconsin, closer to Milwaukee near the Illinois border. Lotsa German immigrants up that way ~160 years ago.

Incidentally, Berlin, Wisconsin is where Russell Moccasin is located to this day. For a town of only 5,200 or so it seems they have had quite the leather industry!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Man I went to hit the BIN as the listing was live and it immediately said no longer available. Gut punch! Good size too. Probably a 42” or 44” based on the numbers. $60!!!!
There is some pain there.
I also figured you snagged it! LOL.

I would have had my finger on the Button too. I saw one sell at auction about three years ago. Brought a bit more than $60!!

These Wool half-belts I so love are in Japan. I was able to get a Hercules that fit. I saw two more today I had not seen, both too small. I would be willing to pay the price if they fit me..

DSC01191.JPG
DSC01188.JPG

Cornelius

Practically Family
I would have had my finger on the Button too. I saw one sell at auction about three years ago. Brought a bit more than $60!!

These Wool half-belts I so love are in Japan. I was able to get a Hercules that fit. I saw two more today I had not seen, both too small. I would be willing to pay the price if they fit me..

View attachment 307318 View attachment 307317

Dude, how have you not been interviewed by some niche Japanese fashion mag yet?! They would freak out over your collection.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Those tags say "Berlin, Wisconsin",

thanks for the correction, not sure why I put New Berlin. I have seen jackets from the mid-1930s made by Mid-Western. Back then they used hides other than deer. WB Place, Hartford Wi also used other leathers back in the day. Those early jackets are hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points