How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Cornelius

Cornelius Practically Family

Dude, how have you not been interviewed by some niche Japanese fashion mag yet?! They would freak out over your collection.

Edward, handymike, Spiney and 3 others like this.
  2. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

thanks for the correction, not sure why I put New Berlin. I have seen jackets from the mid-1930s made by Mid-Western. Back then they used hides other than deer. WB Place, Hartford Wi also used other leathers back in the day. Those early jackets are hard to find.

Cornelius likes this.
  3. Captain Sensible

Captain Sensible A-List Customer

I have one of these. Mine did appear to have distressing but I thought it had been added by a bored leather jacket owner (who knew there might be such a thing?). Anyway, this is now my cycling jacket, I don't really go cycling, but if I did this is the jacket I would wear. I washed out a lot of the top dye/finish using Carlos840's patented technique, it took several runs and the stitching disintegrated around the collar so take care with such folly.

4. tmitchell59

The freakiest collection of Vintage outerwear is undoubtable in Japan. That is where that Hercules wool came from. I'm just bringing a few back.

El Marro, ton312, Spiney and 2 others like this.
  5. 56DeSoto

56DeSoto Familiar Face

Thanks for the heads-up! I will be careful with it. I don't mind a lived-in look, so I'll try to keep it relatively untouched unless it's just hideously dirty. I like the idea of having a different color in the rotation, a change-up from the basic black.

I did see that Lesco made both mens and womens versions of this jacket. Would love to see yours if you get a chance!

Spiney likes this.
  6. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

Mariner on its way to me in Shanghai...

ton312, Spiney and Jin431 like this.
  7. Captain Sensible

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/wash-your-jacket-before-and-after-pic.97592/#post-2558766

56DeSoto likes this.
  8. Edward

Edward Bartender

I love this sort of thing, nice switch up from leather sometimes. I have one of the '33' jackets that SJC did a wile back, like this:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Great jacket. I should suggest to Simon he tweaks these with a lancer front, that would be very cool. I think he's looking at doing a new run with some leather panelling next year.

9. Captain Sensible

(Im)patiently waiting for this to arrive;

Jaiket.jpg

10. 56DeSoto

56DeSoto Familiar Face

Wow, clean lines! What is the maker? I can't quite read the label.

11. Captain Sensible

Toys McCoy

handymike and JMax like this.
  12. ton312

ton312

I have waited for Ironheart to restock this jacket for 2 years. They finally did and I jumped on it without hesitation. I had one from SE but it was too long. The numbers on this one in my size are just right. 19oz 526 LOD
    1A1BF705-C4F2-4E5A-99A5-6FEE17130C18.jpeg
    With wear:
    FC85ED00-A8ED-4A6C-8CEA-F26F17B1652A.jpeg

sweetfights, El Marro, RL204 and 11 others like this.
  13. tmitchell59

I have seen these jackets, they are very nice. I look forward to his new offerings. there are several makers in Japan making nice wool jackets

Edward likes this.
  14. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Highlighting the work of Greg at FL making this killer custom piece made of full aniline black shinki w/ Nickle hardware for me (FW caboose inspired front/RMC disfarmer inspired back/zipper closure gauntlet sleeves). Should be delivered later next week.

IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

15. powerserge

powerserge Familiar Face

This jacket is a work of art, and I’m excited for you to get it and see how it works out! The olive contrast stitching was a good call and great overall design

Spiney and Jin431 like this.
  16. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

^ agreed, this one looks really special..

powerserge and Jin431 like this.
  17. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thank you, I am buzzing too as this is just done expertly by a Master craftsman! For me Greg is already up there with superior makers, I'm blessed he was happy to take this project on. I'm sure it will fit perfectly, this is my 2nd jacket with him and we had a mock up jacket done before the final pattern was done.

Thank you! I can't help but feel the same way looking at it but I'm sure it will Be even more special in real life

Spiney and powerserge like this.
  18. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

Just ordered this Pony-leather Teacore vest made by Y’2 Leather in Japan.

CD883EB7-2436-492B-8FD8-ADBE03F1A03E.jpeg

114AEE3D-6E67-4D2D-932A-2D49FA5A048D.jpeg

F96BE936-9585-4F96-9F5A-E733476DDB67.jpeg

19. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

This Lewis Leathers Phantom is on its way to me from Spain. It's a vintage one from the seventies but it looks to be in perfect condition (apart from a missing collar snap but that's easy to replace). I'm not a huge fan of padded biker jackets but I couldn't resist this one. Plus I feel the need to handle a Lewis Leathers, experience what it's about :)
    ADC3741E-B353-4B0B-95D2-21703D25754A.jpeg F1906D27-41F7-4E1A-8DBF-9FFAEE9063FA.jpeg 6A028A9F-F5D8-4732-B43C-AF32A26C79B3.jpeg 5D61FC30-98F4-4785-8FFA-7516A20D8397.jpeg

20. Edward

Edward Bartender

Jin431 and Powerband like this.