How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

Looks fantastic! Great craftsmanship right there!

Jin431 likes this.
  2. Mrfrown

Mrfrown Practically Family

3. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

definitely, I’ll have pics to share. Do you have fit pics of your brown one?

4. Mrfrown

I was unclear- my brown vest is a custom piece from Johnson Leathers which mimics the look of a Lost Worlds Ryder vest, rather than being the brown version of the one you got. I attached a few pics of it below.

I’ve been strongly considering getting a black vest too since I get so much use out of the brown one. New Orleans isn’t exactly known for chilly weather heh.

0280B1E4-73FF-478C-991E-BD97A08E559A.jpeg 3B85ED71-FA34-45FD-807C-1562909626A1.jpeg

JoeNiblick, El Marro, Edward and 17 others like this.
  5. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

That brown leather vest looks great on you! Killer fit.

Mrfrown likes this.
  6. Mrfrown

Thanks man!

Really curious about what the pony leather will be like on the one you have coming in.

7. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thanks man! Greg is just out of this world, so glad he started his own business and now doing his own thing. If you want a slim fitting bespoke shinki jacket, you know where to go.

Riu likes this.
  8. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

That's so true, I saw the story on his ig and he's so meticulous with his work! Soon you'll be able to enjoy it fully :)

Jin431 likes this.
  9. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

Kind of stocked up on leather at the moment so Im on a little denim kick. 80s Levis blanket lined in route. Dark blue but Id really prefer the black version of this one. Black just doesnt pop up as often though...
    s-l1600.jpg

Tom71, JMax, Captain Sensible and 3 others like this.
  10. jpk_NJ

jpk_NJ Practically Family

And this one.... Looks minty ;)

1.jpg s-l1600.jpg

El Marro, ton312, Tom71 and 2 others like this.
  11. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Love the cut -- congrats!

Any idea what's going here:

IMG_1806 2.jpg

Jin431 likes this.
  12. Monitor

Monitor

What do you mean? Because it's sticking out a bit? There are four layers of leather and a zipper folded there, simply impossible to avoid - Same as on the edge of the hem, just below.

jonbuilder and Jin431 like this.
  13. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Greg doesn't skive the edges (yet) so that's 4 layers of unskived leather you're seeing. Pulled really tight because otherwise it would obstruct the zipper pull.
    078B69B3-BDAA-4FAE-B480-8A3619E14FF5.jpeg 2B7051FD-5B0B-4165-A99A-2AC457F90B8B.jpeg

Edit: Maybe it's not as pleasant to the eye, skived edges make much smoother seams. But it takes a very skilled machinist to make unskived edges look as good as this.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  14. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

I would think it's because of overlapping leather on a single point. It also has it on the bottom hem and the back waist band. If I didn't request the bottom hem to have a leather backing then it would probably be less noticeable.

Agreed. I don't see it as an eyesore and it's bound to have stacking somewhere. Im amazed how Greg made it look so clean and neat.

That's some neat work for sure! Greg sure knows how to work leather!
    He still doesn't do the skived edges? I thought he got the hardware for that ages ago?

jonbuilder, Monitor and powerserge like this.
  15. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

He got the machine November last year. But he needed to learn how to use it properly.

Jin431 likes this.
  16. DrMacabre

DrMacabre One of the Regulars

Hello,

Found this on vinted, never seen this type of heavy corduroy on a Levi’s Sherpa and more interesting, the lining is 100% real wool. The tag says « Levi Strauss do Brasil » too cheap to not buy it.

8AD48859-69A6-49BE-B8D2-4EC3EBB46A6F.png

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    jonbuilder, handymike, Zoo and 6 others like this.
  17. willyto

willyto One Too Many

This one should arrive tomorrow as I already paid custom duties yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the fit is good after triple checking the measurements with different Japanese websites and photography of fit/size on staff of those stores.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Got it. Hope he starts using it soon so we can see the improvements of his already top notch stitching skills.

Marc mndt likes this.
  19. ton312

ton312

20. ton312

ton312

Thanks to @Marc mndt (our man in Amsterdam) and @Imuricecreamman for his sizing input I have a leather jacket I’ve been seeking for two years since the later posted it. Off vinted for dirt cheap. If it looks half as good as these shots below, I’ll be happy as a clam!
    8B1A5DEB-7AE8-428E-87EB-D39B51739191.jpeg 87CE6568-C791-4F41-BF78-518E8DB8B5AD.jpeg

JCSD, jonbuilder, handymike and 9 others like this.