Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

marker2037

Practically Family
I was going to wait untill i had the jacket in hand before posting pics, but i can't keep this to myself any longer, i think this jacket is just too cool not to share.

FowGXFd.jpg

WOLZEW5.jpg

UYp7x4K.jpg

sjhmfvi.jpg

VZ0t9xv.jpg

487QPRu.jpg

zJpdX5J.jpg

G8tUIJb.jpg

ro5RY2L.jpg

I don't know how much she weighs, but Stu said she was super thick and heavy, apparently they used 5+oz leather and lined some of the pockets (the patch pockets and the hidden gusset pocket) in their heavy canvas. I am expecting an absolute beast!
It isn't an exact copy of the Appalachian, more a LW interpretation than a real repro, but i think it really came out great.

Unfortunately i am leaving on sunday for a hike across Corsica (Gr 20) and won't be able to see it untill i come back on the 15th of July, i can't wait!

If any of you guys are into it, it should be available on the website soon...

This is cool. Very cool. It's almost like an Indy jacket meets a cross zip.

Are the sleeve zippers painted?

I tried this maybe two years ago with SB and failed. My fault, not theirs. I didn't know their biker jacket has a straight torso fit, no taper, and I mistakenly added extra length. Then early this year I asked JL to mod it shorter and tigher at the waist, but the cost was almost a new jacket, so I went with a new jacket instead. This still on my to do list though. The thing is when all is said and done, I would end up spending close to what a LW cost. Story of my life. Sigh.

Your LW is perfect. Can't wait to read your review.

View attachment 342914
I love that! Where’s the fail!??

All i did was send a bunch of pictures and ask for all the Crown zippers...
This was basically the same process as 5 star but i didn't send any measurements in.
You chose a super cool pattern to resurrect Carlos! Appalachian leathers later became Taylor’s Leather and Fur, with an emphasis on police jackets. They knew what they were doing with the pattern. This looks leaps and bounds above Aero’s somewhat half hearted attempt (albeit they were focusing more on the HD version). I can’t wait to see your pics and then push down the inevitable feeling of jealous rage they will no doubt inspire. LOL. Well done man, very well done!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was going to wait untill i had the jacket in hand before posting pics, but i can't keep this to myself any longer, i think this jacket is just too cool not to share.

FowGXFd.jpg

WOLZEW5.jpg

UYp7x4K.jpg

sjhmfvi.jpg

VZ0t9xv.jpg

487QPRu.jpg

zJpdX5J.jpg

G8tUIJb.jpg

ro5RY2L.jpg

I don't know how much she weighs, but Stu said she was super thick and heavy, apparently they used 5+oz leather and lined some of the pockets (the patch pockets and the hidden gusset pocket) in their heavy canvas. I am expecting an absolute beast!
It isn't an exact copy of the Appalachian, more a LW interpretation than a real repro, but i think it really came out great.

Unfortunately i am leaving on sunday for a hike across Corsica (Gr 20) and won't be able to see it untill i come back on the 15th of July, i can't wait!

If any of you guys are into it, it should be available on the website soon...

Wearing my germ mask is all that's saving my jaw from hitting the ground. Great design, great leather. Looking forward to fit pics when you return!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I like:

23.5" or 24" P to P
19" or 20" Shoulder
27" sleeve
22" bottom hem
26” or 27” back

So more like a 44 or 44L, sometimes a 46

Last edited:

JurassicUtility

One of the Regulars
Last edited:
Carlos840's thread inspired me to look at Vanson jackets on Buyee, so I've got this Cheyenne on the way now.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/japanese-market-vanson-cheyenne.104530/page-2

There is a black one in my size as well, but I liked the two-tone look of this one, and I think the brown color will be a little more versatile.
View attachment 343356 View attachment 343357
https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/o473191087

Very cool, though this jacket is called Maverick. Cheyenne is a Lee copy, Maverick a Levi's. :)

Snagged this cop jacket off Etsy. Was posted in the finds/deals thread. Was able to get it for a very low price. The measurements are completely all over the map and made zero sense. Thankfully it’s returnable but I hope it works. Little TLC and it should be a great beater. Leather looks stout, big fat Talon, could be cool.
AA0F54DA-412E-49AE-A5BD-1F75FD7CF437.jpeg
7C1D2C3F-68A1-47A3-8EBA-37E9393C3DF3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo