Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I don’t like to generalise but they’re mostly terrible. Good luck on Ebay too. No measurements, no description, etc.

I’ll try if I can leave negative feedback but I doubt it.

The seller got back and holy crap, I can’t believe this.

The seller adds zero info apart from size 38, label of size is cut off. I take a gamble and buy it anyway. Then the seller tells me he gets suspicious because I didn’t ask for measurements and it’s a high priced item so that is suspicious to him.

The seller then tells me about one of my positive feedback being bad. I go check and I translate from french and 10 months ago a seller gives me 5 star of 5 and puts a comment saying “Transaction validated by the site, no response so it maybe is a ghost - ghost emoji here and a wink- “

What do people need from me? I buy and pay promptly always. That comment is totally unnecessary.

Really, people can be a pain in the ass. It’s unbeliavable. I lost all interest in this jacket now.

Don´t take it personal.

Things like this happen, I always tell people that 3-5% of the population are just jerks. You pick your enviroment carefully, you may end up at the lower end of the spectrum, but you can´t avoid them altogether. It´s not your fault. It also means the vast majority of people are perfectly ok.

I don’t like to generalise but they’re mostly terrible. Good luck on Ebay too. No measurements, no description, etc.

I wouldn't have even mention it had I not heard similar stories from one to many members of this forum who have had downright negative experience dealing with sellers from France. Makes me wonder what the deal is, as all TFL members from France are super nice and forthcoming. . .

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Apparently it doesn’t really matter at all. The seller just cancelled the order with a bullshit reason in french”The buyer doesn’t seem serious”

What the hell?! I already paid. Just send the jacket and check my 100% positive feedback.

I asked but I don’t expect a response. To be honest I am a bit pissed.

Seems like a highly neurotic seller!

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^

I pictured this guy:

8f2b530d-5761-4446-8367-b58f4ab88a5a.jpg

Gr8Lakes

Familiar Face

I’ll try if I can leave negative feedback but I doubt it.

The seller got back and holy crap, I can’t believe this.

The seller adds zero info apart from size 38, label of size is cut off. I take a gamble and buy it anyway. Then the seller tells me he gets suspicious because I didn’t ask for measurements and it’s a high priced item so that is suspicious to him.

The seller then tells me about one of my positive feedback being bad. I go check and I translate from french and 10 months ago a seller gives me 5 star of 5 and puts a comment saying “Transaction validated by the site, no response so it maybe is a ghost - ghost emoji here and a wink- “

What do people need from me? I buy and pay promptly always. That comment is totally unnecessary.

Really, people can be a pain in the ass. It’s unbeliavable. I lost all interest in this jacket now.
Dad used to have a business saying he'd regularly remind me of... "If it starts out bad, it usually ends bad." So I too would've lost interest in this.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This Montgomery Ward Californian is on its' way. Styled and made in California by California Sportswear. This is my 3rd like this, when things are good you just have to have another. These are the good ones. This is what I collect so this humble jacket is in the Grail Class. You can't let these pass by. A few people were interested so didn't go cheap, but worth every penny. Don't worry it will clean up real nice!

c.1950 70+

1648420625208.png

1648420657993.png

1648420763520.png

This Montgomery Ward Californian is on its' way. Styled and made in California by California Sportswear. This is my 3rd like this, when things are good you just have to have another. These are the good ones. This is what I collect so this humble jacket is in the Grail Class. You can't let these pass by. A few people were interested so didn't go cheap, but worth every penny. Don't worry it will clean up real nice!

c.1950 70+

View attachment 413780
View attachment 413781
View attachment 413782

IMO great price. If it were larger you would have had JMax nipping on your heels for this one.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
IMO great price. If it were larger you would have had JMax nipping on your heels for this one.

Yes, I think it is a great price given the quality of these jackets. I'm glad you were not in the fight!!!

This appears to be the same size as the jackets I own, so I was pretty confident. I know how they fit and feel and the quality of the leather.

Yes, I think it is a great price given the quality of these jackets. I'm glad you were not in the fight!!!

This appears to be the same size as the jackets I own, so I was pretty confident. I know how they fit and feel and the quality of the leather.

Do they fit larger than the measurements?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

c.1950 70+

View attachment 413780
View attachment 413781
View attachment 413782
I saw this one too. Glad you got it. I took a pass on a size 40 a few weeks ago and I kind of regret it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Do they fit larger than the measurements?

I thought I measured one of mine and I didn't! I thought his numbers sounded right for me so I didn't ask any questions, like how he came up with 45..after measuring mine this one may be bigger! I can't seem to get 45 on the one I'm wearing and it fits. So another surprise in the mail. These are so nice. I'll fawn over this one when it arrives, all of its' charms.

I saw this one too. Glad you got it. I took a pass on a size 40 a few weeks ago and I kind of regret it.

Why did you pass? wrong size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo