Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
My ELMC Californian size 42R turned up today.....couldn’t be happier.

a1fcf89143b306e0325d5548f17d708d.jpg

f5105b0fc234cad197716a6f64e306c5.jpg

344ae0966486b7c329001c2103e755e2.jpg

Looks great! Fits you so much better than the Long you had.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I have a plan for a 30’s half belt to replace the one I’ve outgrown. It’s really such a great jacket and I want one that I can wear again. I’ve emailed Aero about the mods I want to make and are waiting to hear back from them before placing my order.

So this is my idea:

30’s half belt in seal jerky with olive cotton drill and brass hardware, horizontal chest pocket, sunburst cuffs, throat latch (original Hercules style) studs on zipper (premier half belt style). For the back I’ve asked if they can do a sunburst yoke and an action back.

Fonzie

One Too Many
I have a plan for a 30’s half belt to replace the one I’ve outgrown. It’s really such a great jacket and I want one that I can wear again. I’ve emailed Aero about the mods I want to make and are waiting to hear back from them before placing my order.

So this is my idea:

30’s half belt in seal jerky with olive cotton drill and brass hardware, horizontal chest pocket, sunburst cuffs, throat latch (original Hercules style) studs on zipper (premier half belt style). For the back I’ve asked if they can do a sunburst yoke and an action back.

That sounds really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Certainly sounds viable. I believe the limiting factor (other than whether Denny and Ken think it'll look right - which I support being their prerogative, as it's their brand that goes on every jacket that goes out the door) is whether or not it requires any amendment to the pattern. If not, shouldn't be an issue. AFAIK, the halfbelt rang includes several models that have a common base pattern, so there should be a few things you can do.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Certainly sounds viable. I believe the limiting factor (other than whether Denny and Ken think it'll look right - which I support being their prerogative, as it's their brand that goes on every jacket that goes out the door) is whether or not it requires any amendment to the pattern. If not, shouldn't be an issue. AFAIK, the halfbelt rang includes several models that have a common base pattern, so there should be a few things you can do.

Yes, I’m not sure how similar the sunburst and 30’s half belt are in their base pattern, but they do look quite similar, so hopefully mixing elements like that shouldn’t pose a big hurdle.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

So this is my idea:

What size are you getting and what’s your current chest size and height?

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
What size are you getting and what’s your current chest size and height?

Not sure yet, but I think a size 42. The one I grew out of is a 40.

Chest size is 41 I think, height is 182 cm, weight 84 kg. I’ll go for a standard size with maybe 0.5-1 inch added to sleeves because gorilla arms apparently.

Hh121

Banned
Awesome post. I was considering selling my Comet but now that I know this, it ain’t going anywhere. None of my Vanson are.

Haven't get chance to speak with Mike, but they confirmed my Enfield is their competition weight leather.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Love it man! I think you have sold me on the R. Would you mind providing the length both front and back when you have a chance?

Yeah, I really like it too....I've hardly worn the damn thing due to the weather still being too warm here and I already want one in Walnut....I have a problem!

The back is bang on 25 inches, then the front drops an additional 1 inch below that when measured from the back (if that makes sense).

I'm not sure how to take an actual front measurement..do you start at the top of the collar at the front?

The only gripe is there is no interior pocket, but I knew that going in so cant really complain about it I guess.

Haven't get chance to speak with Mike, but they confirmed my Enfield is their competition weight leather.

A couple of guys I occasionally run into at bars have new Vanson jackets. Hopefully I see them soon, and they have their jackets, so I can touch the new comp. weight.

You keeping it? I probably would keep it. Those last pictures depicted a stellar jacket.

Hh121

Banned
A couple of guys I occasionally run into at bars have new Vanson jackets. Hopefully I see them soon, and they have their jackets, so I can touch the new comp. weight.

You keeping it? I probably would keep it. Those last pictures depicted a stellar jacket.

The one thing bothering me is the right side buckle is higher than left which makes asymmetrical

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk