1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

HAd a few different Bates over the years. I actually just fired up my old iMac and found a vault of pics of loved and lost jackets...threw up in my mouth a little bit, all those jackets that I passed along
    IMG_6874.jpg
    IMG_7246.jpg
    Absolutely fantastic jackets....you won't be disappointed @JMax !

Phil Silv3rs, Edward, Monitor and 8 others like this.
  2. JMax

JMax Practically Family

My man, you did the same on the gray E. I was waiting for response and he came back “sorry man, just sold it”. Then the Ton selfie pops up on FL.

I figured this Bates would go fast so just pulled trigger. If it doesn’t fit I will send it your way.

El Marro and ton312 like this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL. Turn about is fair play!! I knew the second I saw it I should just hit the buy button. It for some reason I'm more cautious lately. That's a score man. Cant wait to see your review, if I can, through tear filled eyes. :D

JMax likes this.
  4. Fonzie

Fonzie Practically Family

Uh-oh... Fonzie's done it again! :eek:
    I should have shown more restrain knowing that I have an Eastman Californian in Havana Brown coming sometime in the next few short weeks but I couldn't control myself any further and just bought a Thurston's Buco J-100 in Dark Seal Vincenza!
    I've always felt that I "needed" one of those to round up my collection so, if this one fits the way I think it will, I will be very close to ending my collection on a couple of high notes. :)
    No more buying jackets for me after that, if anything, I will trade later on (if the bug bites again) existing ones in my already quite decent collection with other TFL members, but I will try to avoid the eBay route for good!

Ps: This Buco x Aero is gonna be epic, by the way, I am very excited. @Carrie as usual, was a pleasure to deal with.

jonesy86, torfjord, El Marro and 4 others like this.
  5. Kuro

Kuro One of the Regulars

Carrie emailed me today, says she has my Aero BR. I guess that means I will have it by Wednesday!

El Marro, handymike, JMax and 2 others like this.
  6. Hh121

Hh121 Practically Family

I just talked to Mike, first he wants me to send the jacket back to him for the inspection. He also mentioned Vanson is now using different competition weight leather from before.......

El Marro and JMax like this.
  7. JMax

JMax Practically Family

Thanks. If the new comp. weight is soft without wear, it ain't worth a shizzle. If true (you received one of the new comp weight batches and not Firenze), glad I got in before the change.

Hh121 and El Marro like this.
  8. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

Seems very reasonable that they want to look at the jacket before deciding on a resolution. As far as changing the comp. weight leather, they have broken a cardinal rule: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

9. Hh121

Hh121 Practically Family

Still a good looking jacket!! [​IMG][​IMG]

torfjord, dannyk, Logician and 6 others like this.
  10. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Wonder what different means.........o_O

ton312 and Monitor like this.
  11. JMax

JMax Practically Family

In those pics it looks like comp weight. I guess we wait and see.

12. Hh121

Hh121 Practically Family

13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I'll be really interested to see what the difference actually is. The comp weight I'm familiar with is typically glass like smooth, heavy and stiff as a board...keep us posted @Hh121
    Will that Enfield stand up unsupported?

JMax and red devil like this.
  14. red devil

red devil Practically Family

Hh121 likes this.
  15. Hh121

Hh121 Practically Family

I just test it, sorry about my previous answer to JMax, it actually can stand by itself..... [​IMG][​IMG]

But it is really much softer and thinner than Model b

ton312, JMax and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  16. ai00344

ai00344 Familiar Face

Looking forward to seeing this. The ELMC Californian is one of my favourite jackets but I’ve always felt lost in no mans land between the L and the R. Nice of you to work through this for me on your dime

ProteinNerd likes this.
  17. JMax

JMax Practically Family

Now we are talking!!! haha. Looks good to me, more than good. It looks great. Please keep us posted on what Vanson says is the difference between the two competition weight leathers. Now I am even more intrigued.

roadking04 and Hh121 like this.
  18. Edward

Edward Bartender

This has been rattling around in my head last few days; such a distinctive take on the lancer-front style, I knew I'd seen one before. Clicked this evening: it's the same jacket as Mel Gibson wore in the original Mad Max film (give or take the placement of the sinle pocket; in 2 & 3 Max's jacket (supposed to be the same one) had two pockets, otherwise identical (save for the missing sleeve....).

JMax likes this.
  19. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Well, the lapels are different as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  20. JMax

JMax Practically Family

Yes, most of the photos I found have more traditional lapels but this photo looks close....

Mad-Max-Leather-Jacket-800x1007.jpg

torfjord and AbbaDatDeHat like this.