Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thedi doesn't really ' distress ' the leather. They add an antiquing ' wash ' that is extremely well done and appears very natural as part of the color...not worn and battered. However that is optional.

@ShadowBoxer Indeed, also keep in mind that the jacket did evolve compared to when first bought and is still doing so

barnabus

One Too Many
Ok. I just bought this:

9cc20cb5635e5188dfb612587aee69d0.jpg

Let's see what arrives in a few days. We may have a new entry for the Show Us Your Blue Leather Jackets thread.
Oh ffs.

Well, it arrived today. And after the debacle of my last blue rider jacket being too small to even do up, I managed to snag this one in a 40 instead of my usual 38.

And guess what? This one's so stupidly small I can't even get it on.

And not only that, but it's in terrible condition: splattered with white paint speckles, unloved and rigidly stiff and crispy.

So I have to flip it forward, but I need to rescue it a little first. I've already run it through the washer and cleared off a lot of the paint. But I've got a lot more to do before I can move it on in good conscience.

Rubbish!

dannyk

One Too Many
Oh ffs.

Well, it arrived today. And after the debacle of my last blue rider jacket being too small to even do up, I managed to snag this one in a 40 instead of my usual 38.

And not only that, but it's in terrible condition: splattered with white paint speckles, unloved and rigidly stiff and crispy.

So I have to flip it forward, but I need to rescue it a little first. I've already run it through the washer and cleared off a lot of the paint. But I've got a lot more to do before I can move it on in good conscience.

Rubbish!
If there is any real salvaging of it, I may be interested for the right price, so keep us all posted on this project. As Im a 36-38 normally so it is my size, I want a Langlitz, but if it cant be rescued whats the point?

Oh ffs.

Rubbish!

Eeh, sorry to hear that. I've had some rubbish luck with buying jackets lately, too. Everything was off.

sweetfights

Oh ffs.

Rubbish!
Sucks!! You gotta take chances sometimes...

barnabus

One Too Many
If there is any real salvaging of it, I may be interested for the right price, so keep us all posted on this project. As Im a 36-38 normally so it is my size, I want a Langlitz, but if it cant be rescued whats the point?
Dude, I've got no idea of the brand. It could be something cool, it could be store brand garbage. There was a tag, but it's come adrift with the washing - although I still have it, it's no longer attached.

You're welcome to first call though, if you're interested.

dannyk

One Too Many
Dude, I've got no idea of the brand. It could be something cool, it could be store brand garbage. There was a tag, but it's come adrift with the washing - although I still have it, it's no longer attached.

You're welcome to first call though, if you're interested.

Ah with all the talk of Langlitz my mind just connected it to that! In any case still let us know about how the project goes, always interested when someone can bring something back from the dead.

bn1966

Just purchased a later production, (70's) early model Brooks Cafe Racer in a size 48..just waiting for the Postman (or Woman).

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
mxLBn4s.jpg

I'm still hoping for a crosszip idea, I borrowed some elements from my previous drawing, I get rid of zipper on the cuff since it would be redundant, simplified the collar as well, snap on the collar tab I want to try a twist turn clasp instead of snap since pressing a metal snap against my own neck is uncomfortable.
Nice drawings/layout.
I am a fan of design and industrial design. I like things that are designed to be functional and actually work. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of the pre-distressed clothes. I also resent snaps, zippers, etc. that are non-functional. I've seen pants and jackets where there is a pocket flap or zipper that goes nowhere. There is no pocket.
If there is a zipper or pocket, make it real. Why is it there? What will fit in it? Those are the sort of things I think about. I am also a visual artist (drawing, painting, photography, filmmaking).

Are you planing on riding a motorcycle with this jacket or are you simply interested in the family of aviation and motorcycle jackets?
As someone who rides, I like the zippered cuffs. They are practical for riding, easy and useful.
What do you think they are used for?
Also not sure about a "twist-turn clasp" right at my throat.

Of course if you are not going to be riding, these things probably don't matter too much and you can simply make it look how you want.

Looking forward to more designs.
Take care.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Nice drawings/layout.
I am a fan of design and industrial design. I like things that are designed to be functional and actually work. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not a fan of the pre-distressed clothes. I also resent snaps, zippers, etc. that are non-functional. I've seen pants and jackets where there is a pocket flap or zipper that goes nowhere. There is no pocket.
If there is a zipper or pocket, make it real. Why is it there? What will fit in it? Those are the sort of things I think about. I am also a visual artist (drawing, painting, photography, filmmaking).

Are you planing on riding a motorcycle with this jacket or are you simply interested in the family of aviation and motorcycle jackets?
As someone who rides, I like the zippered cuffs. They are practical for riding, easy and useful.
What do you think they are used for?
Also not sure about a "twist-turn clasp" right at my throat.

Of course if you are not going to be riding, these things probably don't matter too much and you can simply make it look how you want.

Looking forward to more designs.
Take care.

Thanks
I do plan to commute on motorcycle or bicycle with it.
if you know the size of your wrist then you can simply put a snap where the cuff would tightly seal around your wrist and one on neutral position just to have the end of the strap rest somewhere when you don't need a sealed sleeve.
twist turn clasp is nice, just like button and button hole but with much simpler operation with one hand, it also won't likely come open accidentally. and the pockets and all the zipper are real of course, I like pockets on my jacket since I carry stuff but they are not specially designed for specific item to carry... I certainly don't carry cigar nor map nor firearm, but at least they are big enough to carry smartphone, and glasses case and pocket tissue and some candies, usually I prefer inside pockets but since this one has sleeve pockets then I would delete the inside pocket to reduce the bulk.

still have some time to think it through, since I'm not in hurry. would be nice to have it done before my 40th birthday next month but... next year would be OK too.:D

Last edited:

El Marro

Both my incoming jackets are wandering around aimlessly compliments of the perversely poor service offered by USPS...again....
View attachment 140781
I’m sorry to hear that Ton. I recently had that experience myself courtesy of the USPS. Received a delivery slip telling me which post office to go to to pick up the package, I went there and waited in line only to be told that the package was not at that post office Spent two hours on hold the next day and finally spoke to a representative who told me the package was at a different post office, I went there and was told that it was not at that post office but that I should go back to the first post office I had tried. Miraculously the package was at the original post office when I went back there but the whole ordeal was too frustrating to believe I hope both of yours arrives soon!

I’m sorry to hear that Ton. I recently had that experience myself courtesy of the USPS. Received a delivery slip telling me which post office to go to to pick up the package, I went there and waited in line only to be told that the package was not at that post office Spent two hours on hold the next day and finally spoke to a representative who told me the package was at a different post office, I went there and was told that it was not at that post office but that I should go back to the first post office I had tried. Miraculously the package was at the original post office when I went back there but the whole ordeal was too frustrating to believe I hope both of yours arrives soon!

Both my incoming jackets are wandering around aimlessly compliments of the perversely poor service offered by USPS...again....
View attachment 140781

newman-gif-11.gif

Gamma68

One Too Many
View attachment 140781

The USPS is the most poorly run of all U.S. government agencies. Absolute terrible service and costs keep rising. A first-class stamp is going up (again) in January, I believe. The "flat rate" boxes are ridiculously small (can't fit anything of substance in them). And I swear they put their thumb on the scale when measuring package weight. Anything over a feather has to go Priority Mail. Lost and misplaced packages are becoming more frequent. And I've been given the runaround on package location, too ("The carrier has the package." "No, the Post Office is holding it." "No, check with the carrier." "No, I left it in the hold bin at the Post Office.").

OK, rant over. I feel your pain, @ton312

dannyk

One Too Many
UPS as opposed to USPS has screwed me over before on a jacket. I tracked it to here, but apparently they tried 3 times to deliver it and left it at the closest location. Except they never let a note any of the times to tell me they tried to deliver it. Then I called and asked where it was and they didn’t know. Shipped from Europe and somehow they couldn’t comprehend the tracking number. I have a buddy who works there and said just go ask for this guy he can look it up by your last name. It was there waiting for me.

Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe someone at home doesn't want you to buy any more jackets, this could all be a conspiracy with USPS and the lady boss :D
LOL. You might be onto something there. I could legitimately see that being the case.

Well this is one of the more interesting jackets I've purchased. Definitely super high quality. The body/ black parts are identical to Schott's naked cow, it smells exactly like my 118. The bedazzled bits aren't thread or metal but actually raw hide. It's also not what I'd call a cross zip. The zipper is centered and the wind flap is quite small. Nice hardware, cozy liner and good fit but probably not my cup o' tea. Me thinks a return label will be printed Monday unless someone here wants it.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
image.png
image.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner