Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
My Thedi Mr French Cancan hunter jacket has just been delivered. I love it, my gf hates it. It's a keeper :D
View attachment 309094

Haha, another TFL evolution:

Stage 1: My GF/wife hates it; it´s a catch ´n release...
Stage 2: My GF/wife hates it; it´s a keeper
Stage 3: (my current stage) My GF/wife has given up all caring and is just happy that I don´t dare comment on her vast numbers of shoes...

Aaand suddenly, Schott PER70 is heading my way as well.

68747492_10157602649767533_2340107854574256128_o.jpg

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
Haha, another TFL evolution:

Stage 1: My GF/wife hates it; it´s a catch ´n release...
Stage 2: My GF/wife hates it; it´s a keeper
Stage 3: (my current stage) My GF/wife has given up all caring and is just happy that I don´t dare comment on her vast numbers of shoes...

Let’s hope things don’t get to stage 4 - the jackets a keeper, the GF/wife is catch and release! ;)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Let’s hope things don’t get to stage 4 - the jackets a keeper, the GF/wife is catch and release! ;)
In the Netherlands there's this (in)famous tv show interview from 1987 where a guy was asked what's more important to him, his car or his wife. His answer: "there are more than enough women but my Mercedes 450SL is rare". His wife is sitting next to him.

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
In the Netherlands there's this (in)famous tv show interview from 1987 where a guy was asked what's more important to him, his car or his wife. His answer: "there are more than enough women but my Mercedes 450SL is rare". His wife is sitting next to him.

Nice one! My GF is Dutch, the directness and honesty can be bracing at times, but it’s actually great to know where you stand! And to be fair I’m rather direct myself, especially for a Brit, so it’s a good fit. For example, when a (now ex gf - though we’re still friends) once half jokingly said to me that I loved my leather jacket more than her, I merely said “of course!”... and I didn’t mean it as an insult! It was after all a super rare reddish tan, horsehide Vanson Ike jacket I’d had from new - what could anyone love more than that? (OK I may have a biased audience here in leather jackets anonymous ;) )...

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
In my experience, this is the only realistic scenario. Not by my choice, of course. ;_;

Ouch, a tough break, but I hope you found/find a new one who likes leather jackets. Or at least who realises there are worse things for a man to be addicted to than leather jackets... my current gf has even tentatively suggested she might want to get a jacket for herself (she keeps trying to borrow one of mine - a quite niche beaten up Crowtree cafe racer), so the gradual brainwashing can work ;) )

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Here is a Schott I owned with an aftermarket collar! Have one sewn on your jacket. View attachment 309165 View attachment 309166
That's the one I was thinking of. Love the slanted chestpocket and collar. I will do some research in having a collar added.

The only difference I can see between them is that mine has a shearling lining instead of the quilted in yours.

Ouch, a tough break, but I hope you found/find a new one who likes leather jackets. Or at least who realises there are worse things for a man to be addicted to than leather jackets... my current gf has even tentatively suggested she might want to get a jacket for herself (she keeps trying to borrow one of mine - a quite niche beaten up Crowtree cafe racer), so the gradual brainwashing can work ;) )

I don't plan on getting involved with anyone again, to be honest. It's been enough time now that I don't really miss a single aspect of a relationship so no worries anymore anyone's going to be bothered by my hobbies. :)

dannyk

One Too Many

This reminds me of when The Buffalo Sabres (NHL Hockey Team) were good in the early 2000s. I was at a friends house watching a playoff game when we scored in overtime to win. My friend and I started running around screaming and jumped out on his awning covered deck...when we must have startled a birds nest a baby bird literally fell out of the nest, hit my friend in the chest and landed at his feet. We ran inside and yelled for his mom. She started making a commotion over the baby bird (who was just fine and ended up back in the nest eventually) when his dad turned the tv up to hear and yelled to his wife “Kathy, how many baby birds are on this planet? How many Stanley Cups are there?!? That’s right just one cup.”

The Iron Heart sizing misadventure continues...my XL (42”) lefty OD arrived and it fits like a 38”-40”. Already ordered the xxxl. For the life of me I can’t figure out why they struggle with consistent sizing in the same damn pattern and the same damn material. It’s a ******** cotton jacket ffs. But it’s soooo good. Hoping the 44” is a better fit.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Iron Heart sizing misadventure continues...my XL (42”) lefty OD arrived and it fits like a 38”-40”. Already ordered the xxxl. For the life of me I can’t figure out why they struggle with consistent sizing in the same damn pattern and the same damn material. It’s a ******** cotton jacket ffs. But it’s soooo good. Hoping the 44” is a better fit.
I hear you Ton, I have returned at least three IH type 3 jackets for this reason. And just when I think I have their sizing figure it out I miss some small detail and order the wrong size again. I also agree that when everything comes together IH is hard to beat!

I hear you Ton, I have returned at least three IH type 3 jackets for this reason. And just when I think I have their sizing figure it out I miss some small detail and order the wrong size again. I also agree that when everything comes together IH is hard to beat!
Agreed. On the plus side my wife just brought home this Levi’s type III she picked up at a thrift store for a shoot and dropped a whopping $7.99 on it. It’s a size too small for me but I called dibs on it. Normally not a fan of this kind of faux distressing but this one feels pretty cool. Like dried up seaweed.
01B05D19-C616-46BC-9E1B-79A5C3CFE2CA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ