Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Theodoros just sent me these pics. I wasn't sure where to post them, here or in the 'show your graining' thread. Hand dyed horsehide. The hide looks amazing.

29712398-A6C7-41E3-AA0B-C1A03EFB8D7D.jpeg
7330C442-FB98-44CB-934D-8F5F9DCB3F4E.jpeg
275679B5-9A0A-49FF-9B83-EB0B3687AA6F.jpeg
FA2EBA2D-2681-4123-BD3C-EC0A9A2EC4E6.jpeg

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
are you talking about the jean turn ups?

I'm not Tom71, but I suspect he was referring to the waist hem of the jacket. It appears from your pic that you have a very slim waist, but the jacket is cut with a very generous waist...so it does look quite big on you in that particular area. However, I agree with Tom71 that the jacket is lovely! And it seems to fit you very nicely in the shoulders, chest and sleeve length!

omaramos

New in Town
I'm not Tom71, but I suspect he was referring to the waist hem of the jacket. It appears from your pic that you have a very slim waist, but the jacket is cut with a very generous waist...so it does look quite big on you in that particular area. However, I agree with Tom71 that the jacket is lovely! And it seems to fit you very nicely in the shoulders, chest and sleeve length!
i see what you’re saying. but to be honest, probably because i was a really fat kid, i always prefer clothes that are slightly bigger as long as the shoulders fit and the chest isn’t too tight. i actually tried the size larger afterwards and the look of horror on the shop assistant’s face was priceless: very much a “i can’t let you do that” look

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
i see what you’re saying. but to be honest, probably because i was a really fat kid, i always prefer clothes that are slightly bigger as long as the shoulders fit and the chest isn’t too tight. i actually tried the size larger afterwards and the look of horror on the shop assistant’s face was priceless: very much a “i can’t let you do that” look

Yes, I was referring to the generous waist-hem of the jacket. That wasn´t meant as critisim at all. Jacket, outfit, your whole attitude is just perfect as it is. I actually like how a slightly too big/too small/too this or that-item makes the whole look appear more authentic and less "artificially curated". (c.f. The Ramones in their early days).

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Image1.jpg

A Branded Garment fringe jacket is on sale at my local consignment store for about US 140. I have no idea if that's good price or not. But feels like it is. Gonna head down and give it a try this weekend.

https://store.rerides.ca/product/branded-garments-leather-fringed-jacket-24383/
CAD 180 = USD 140
I have no idea how much these thing should be. But one is available at my local consignment shop. Might just be my very first fringe jacket.

BlueSteel

One of the Regulars
View attachment 386555
A Branded Garment fringe jacket is on sale at my local consignment store for about US 140. I have no idea if that's good price or not. But feels like it is. Gonna head down and give it a try this weekend.

https://store.rerides.ca/product/branded-garments-leather-fringed-jacket-24383/
CAD 180 = USD 140
I have no idea how much these thing should be. But one is available at my local consignment shop. Might just be my very first fringe jacket.

Hey - that is my local too! Bought my Ocean Drive leather jacket from Rerides a few months back. Good luck on that one, and hope it fits you!

marker2037

Practically Family
Nice find. That looks just like the one I picked up a couple weeks ago.

BTW, it's actually the best fitting jacket I've ever put on. You will not be disappointed.

And a word of advice to any denim jacket makers today: don't try to fix what was already perfected by Lee decades ago. Stop messing with the sizing and lengths and literally just copy this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points