Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

7amza

Familiar Face
Black LL Star Lightning in Rutland Sheep with beige zipper tape & British Racing Green Sheep LL Cyclone with beige zipper tape too..

Orders were placed on the 10th & 17th of March respectively and now every email notification I get is instantly checked ;)

Also considering a Field Leathers Manhattan..and would very much appreciate any advice or tips on weather such anyone having experience with ordering from Greg Fields and/or any better alternatives for a similar or higher quality/great fitting jacket for the same price range.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jackets have arrived just in time. Normally I can wear leather jacket only for one month or so in local weather and that month has passed but surprisingly there is an unusual cold front this weekend making it possible to wear leather jackets for the next three days and just so happened I got three newly acquired jackets.

Just as I guess the sleeves of the half belt have been shortened as well as the length. Oh well, it does fit me perfectly altered. There are also repair work done to the belts.
IMG_20220331_024134.jpg

IMG_20220331_024115.jpg

IMG_20220331_024147.jpg

The Toyo Lewis Holster repro is a bit small for me. Still can wear but difficult to zip up.
IMG_20220331_024327.jpg
IMG_20220331_024358.jpg
IMG_20220331_024409.jpg

Third one is the Sears Hercules D pocket. Photo posted in the Sears thread so I won't post again here.

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
Total impulse buy. An IG purchase from hoosier_clothing_store. Saw that it was a 36, reached out for measurements and next thing I know I'm sending payment...

Communication was excellent. Fast shipping. They marked the jacket as "polyurethane" w/ a low value on the shipping/import slip, which I thought was awesome. They even threw in a FW t-shirt as a gift (the one I'm wearing in the photo). Overall great seller if anyone is ever interested in buying from them. I had a really great experience.

I've always wanted a jacket that has a collar like this ever since I saw a picture of old vintage Californian years ago. RMC made a reproduction of that Californian jacket. @tmitchell59 had/has that RMC jacket. Bootleggers had a version of this jacket in goatskin back before they were called FW. Besides those two, I can't think of any other makers that made a jacket that has this exact collar. I think it's pretty cool and unique.

As @dudewuttheheck can attest after owning his for a while, this deerskin is SO soft. Fit is pretty snug, but despite that it's instantly one of my most comfortable jackets. Loving this thing! Onto the pics.

IMG-2534.jpg
IMG-2535.jpg
IMG-2536.jpg

ojaw

A-List Customer
Total impulse buy. An IG purchase from hoosier_clothing_store. Saw that it was a 36, reached out for measurements and next thing I know I'm sending payment...

Communication was excellent. Fast shipping. They marked the jacket as "polyurethane" w/ a low value on the shipping/import slip, which I thought was awesome. They even threw in a FW t-shirt as a gift (the one I'm wearing in the photo). Overall great seller if anyone is ever interested in buying from them. I had a really great experience.

I've always wanted a jacket that has a collar like this ever since I saw a picture of old vintage Californian years ago. RMC made a reproduction of that Californian jacket. @tmitchell59 had/has that RMC jacket. Bootleggers had a version of this jacket in goatskin back before they were called FW. Besides those two, I can't think of any other makers that made a jacket that has this exact collar. I think it's pretty cool and unique.

As @dudewuttheheck can attest after owning his for a while, this deerskin is SO soft. Fit is pretty snug, but despite that it's instantly one of my most comfortable jackets. Loving this thing! Onto the pics.

View attachment 416267 View attachment 416268 View attachment 416269
Looks like a great fit!
Do they actually have a web page? I went to the instagram, tried hoosierkyoto.blogspot.japan/ and nada.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
Thanks, saw the IG page already, .com was what I was looking for.
Got it. The website seems to be a blog more than a store. I would recommend direct messaging them through Instagram if you want to purchase. I'm sure it'll be a lot easier that way.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Got it. The website seems to be a blog more than a store. I would recommend direct messaging them through Instagram if you want to purchase. I'm sure it'll be a lot easier that way.
Thanks, if I see something I surely will!

Reactions: jeo

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous! It's easily my favorite jacket that I own... no doubt about that! That deerskin is just something else!

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

Wow, awesome jacket and it fits you to a tee. Congrats!

willyto

One Too Many

That looks fantastic. You will love the deerskin. I don't doubt that it will be the go to jacket...it really wears like a sweatshirt so comfortable.

I still kick myself for not purchasing one of the Bootleggers one last year for under $700 and another recently but money money.

Su-FREAKING-purb! I meant to comment yesterday. Beautiful man. Love the color, the cut, everything. You don’t miss.

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
That looks fantastic. You will love the deerskin. I don't doubt that it will be the go to jacket...it really wears like a sweatshirt so comfortable.

I still kick myself for not purchasing one of the Bootleggers one last year for under $700 and another recently but money money.
Thanks. That’s such a great way to describe the deerskin. Along with the super soft felty type of moleskin lining, it really wears like a sweatshirt.

What size do you wear? I see them come up every so often. Next one I see one, I’ll send it your way.

Last edited:

jeo

One Too Many
Su-FREAKING-perb! I meant to comment yesterday. Beautiful man. Love the color, the cut, everything. You don’t miss.
Thanks man. The cut on this one is really nice. It doesn’t have the weird rounded shoulders that the Caboose, Mulholland, LaBrea have. It is simple yet has some really intricate details.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Unbelievable. It looks like it was made to measure. And then deerskin too. My envy is with you. ;)

Salmosalar

A-List Customer
New custom Field Leathers Manhattan with two detachable mouton collars…. Greg has done a really fantastic job once again - due to arrive next week!

Attachments

• B7D6536D-0011-42B1-8634-E7EBDD9915D8.jpeg
    B7D6536D-0011-42B1-8634-E7EBDD9915D8.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 76B45A62-2E87-4917-8FA2-A00C5019E471.jpeg
    76B45A62-2E87-4917-8FA2-A00C5019E471.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 0556220C-866A-4B56-BC4B-4BA888D91565.jpeg
    0556220C-866A-4B56-BC4B-4BA888D91565.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 80
  • E9CA4B65-5BD8-4AA9-A25D-1CCA5B367075.jpeg
    E9CA4B65-5BD8-4AA9-A25D-1CCA5B367075.jpeg