Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Damn it ,now I can't unsee that.:oops:

It's like when somebody tells you an abstract sculpture looks like something funny or gross and you can no longer see anything else when you look at it.

I'll have to think about it, but that might have just ruined this jacket for me.
I'm not kidding either, all I see now when I look at the jacket is a Bikini top.
LOL. I didn’t see that at all until it was mentioned. I seriously doubt it’ll have the same visual effect when worn.

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Someone please help, I'd like to know more about these two CHP.
The first one I did hesitate, did not buy, and it sold quick.
The second one I won for not much, it looks like a CSC, but I can't be sure.
1696173888836.png

1696173908998.png

1696173956643.png

1696174046884.png

1696173981737.png

AHP91

Practically Family
I have one coming tomorrow? I have at least 4 I'm wanting. Nothing cheap, no steals, couple of auctions couple of BIN, even a brand new one in the mix. I certainly can't afford all of them, I do have a focus on one above the others. It is an auction, so I'll be waiting on that one. The new one I'm not sure what I'll bid, wont know. One BIn is a MC, which I don't need, but a very interesting jacket to me. The price will keep it there for awhile. If there were not this semi grail I would be buying it.

Do others find them selves in such situations of choice? Like, when it rains it pours?

Yes, when it rains it pours. In the past, I had passed on some amazing jackets that popped up right after I had already bought another. Things happen, jackets don’t fit, you can get most of your money, but that amazing jacket has now passed.

I regret some missed opportunities. Best make good decisions, independent of other ones.

AHP91

Practically Family

cbez

One Too Many
rolling the dice on an iron heart. I already know the sleeves will be long and the shoulders and chest might be too small...but the himeji tannery leather looks so nice.

how much should I set aside to take 2-3" off the sleeves?

hieu

A-List Customer
Someone please help, I'd like to know more about these two CHP.
The first one I did hesitate, did not buy, and it sold quick.
The second one I won for not much, it looks like a CSC, but I can't be sure.
I ended up getting the first one. If it doesn't fit me you'll definitely see it up on Classifieds maybe after a lining change.

It looks to me to be a Seattle Woolen. The pocket shape/position, arrow head leather on the inner pockets, rectangular badge holder, cuff shape, clean bottom hem (as in there's no stitching) all look like features I've seen on Seattle Woolen police jackets. Here's a Seattle Woolen Terry sold a while ago that is somewhat similar:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...vy-horsehide-police-jacket-size-44-46.103256/

I'd like to know what everyone thinks though. Is it a Seattle Woolen or something else?
s-l1600.jpeg

Screen Shot 2023-10-02 at 12.08.59.png

Wildhorses

Practically Family
I ended up getting the first one. If it doesn't fit me you'll definitely see it up on Classifieds maybe after a lining change.

It looks to me to be a Seattle Woolen. The pocket shape/position, arrow head leather on the inner pockets, rectangular badge holder, cuff shape, clean bottom hem (as in there's no stitching) all look like features I've seen on Seattle Woolen police jackets. Here's a Seattle Woolen Terry sold a while ago that is somewhat similar:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...vy-horsehide-police-jacket-size-44-46.103256/

I'd like to know what everyone thinks though. Is it a Seattle Woolen or something else?
View attachment 549743

View attachment 549744
I thought the same thing about Seattle Woolen, and as I was checking, you had bought it :).
The seller had a really nice 50s Hercules that sold quick too.
Let us know when you get yours, I am worried about th back length, as usual with these CHP.

hieu

A-List Customer
I thought the same thing about Seattle Woolen, and as I was checking, you had bought it :).
The seller had a really nice 50s Hercules that sold quick too.
Let us know when you get yours, I am worried about th back length, as usual with these CHP.
For sure, I’ll post some pics and thoughts in the leather police jacket thread once I get it.

Haha sorry :) I couldn’t let myself hesitate this time. Once I noticed the pockets I was sold.

I just saw the Hercules. It’s the Californian made d pocket right? That’s definitely the best Hercules MC jacket in my opinion.

Last edited:

Wildhorses

Practically Family
For sure, I’ll post some pics and thoughts in the leather police jacket thread once I get it.

Haha sorry :) I couldn’t let myself hesitate this time. Once I noticed the pockets I was sold.

I just saw the Hercules. It’s the Californian made d pocket right? That’s definitely the best Hercules MC jacket in my opinion.
The leather looks thicker on this (supposedly) Seattle Woolen, it must be heavy. There is a similar one for sale on ebay, that is totally destroyed and extremely expensive anyway.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Interested to see the Seattle jacket, I saw it as interesting, not sure it is. The cuffs are reversed, I've seen this before, but don't recall. They typically have mismatched zippers. They are very heavy.

If was hoping this Hercules was too high priced so I could come back and get it, but it was purchased. I thought it was a great price, but have a strong bid on a somewhat grail piece for me.

This Hercules would be among the first California Sportswear jackets produced for Sears c.1950. This is the only use of this label I have seen. I believe they changed to the more common "made in California" label soon after.

Note The mountain image which is very familiar image for the California Sportswear label. Perhaps they thought it was too close? This is the CSC horsehide tag.

In a large size; this was the sleeper.

1696260324566.png
1696260344360.png

This is an oddly lined version with the same label. I own one like this. These jackets have 50s style zippers, early 50s.

1696260822725.png

1696260895042.png

Wildhorses

Practically Family
Interested to see the Seattle jacket, I saw it as interesting, not sure it is. The cuffs are reversed, I've seen this before, but don't recall. They typically have mismatched zippers. They are very heavy.

If was hoping this Hercules was too high priced so I could come back and get it, but it was purchased. I thought it was a great price, but have a strong bid on a somewhat grail piece for me.

This Hercules would be among the first California Sportswear jackets produced for Sears c.1950. This is the only use of this label I have seen. I believe they changed to the more common "made in California" label soon after.

Note The mountain image which is very familiar image for the California Sportswear label. Perhaps they thought it was too close? This is the CSC horsehide tag.

In a large size; this was the sleeper.

View attachment 549795 View attachment 549796

This is an oddly lined version with the same label. I own one like this. These jackets have 50s style zippers, early 50s.
The green/cream wool lining on the Herc is amazing, nothing to do with quilted nylon.
I came across the destroyed CHP again, only $900... Here are some pics. I won't post in the finds and deals... These pics are the reason why I did not hit BIN when I first saw the Seattle Wollen CHP, I was fearing it could age like this.
1696264527712.png

1696264636725.png

1696264713871.png

1696264765093.png

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The green/cream wool lining on the Herc is amazing, nothing to do with quilted nylon

These wool lined were made just as the transition to the Nylon lining. Most wool lined were in standard Buffalo plaid, or plain blue. CSC has the California flair with this rather odd lining. Just doesn't look motorcycle to me. Most civilian jackets had a less glamourous lining. I suspect these were not well received and short lived. I've only seen 2.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW