Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

hieu

A-List Customer
The green/cream wool lining on the Herc is amazing, nothing to do with quilted nylon.
I came across the destroyed CHP again, only $900... Here are some pics. I won't post in the finds and deals... These pics are the reason why I did not hit BIN when I first saw the Seattle Wollen CHP, I was fearing it could age like this.
View attachment 549804
View attachment 549805
View attachment 549806
View attachment 549807
Yea this one looks to be in terrible condition. It seems to have the same zipper as mine.

AHP91

Practically Family
This guy showed up today. Nice old heavy horsehide feel to it. Thick wool lining. Leather lined sleeve openings. I like it. Can't load more pictures but everything solid.

jeo

One Too Many
Got a horsehide half belt coming, could be another in the Big and Tall closet, but couldn't pass any longer.

A brand spanking New one, I want to fit, but have to wait. I've got nothing like it. I'm excited!

My potential Grail jacket is a pending auction. Fingers crossed!

I’m really hoping you got this Knopf. Would have been mine a long time ago if it was my size. A potential Durable connection too. Many similarities.

IMG_3817.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I’m really hoping you got this Knopf. Would have been mine a long time ago if it was my size. A potential Durable connection too. Many similarities.

View attachment 550260
Not me on the Knoph, as you said a connection. Yes, one fine leather jacket without a connection. I've got a long line of cross zipp MC jackets hanging here. I'm tempted all the time. I am convinced the quality during this time, early 50s., was consistently high across the makers and the nation. This was a boom time in production and so many exist today is fine original condition. I've found what I want in this style.

I do continue to educate myself. I've identified another maker for Sears. Once a suspect, now confirmed.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
Not me on the Knoph, as you said a connection. Yes, one fine leather jacket without a connection. I've got a long line of cross zipp MC jackets hanging here. I'm tempted all the time. I am convinced the quality during this time, early 50s., was consistently high across the makers and the nation. This was a boom time in production and so many exist today is fine original condition. I've found what I want in this style.

I do continue to educate myself. I've identified another maker for Sears. Once a suspect, now confirmed.
I’d love to hear more.

TLW '90

Practically Family
I got that Pendleton in yesterday and it's too big, I think it might be a 90's jacket because it kind of fits like it was made for a small but really fat person.
I will have to see if maybe it'll fit my brother better, because I don't want to deal with trying to sell it.

Last edited:
Would be an odd ball for Cal. Epaulettes and collar shape are not typical. Doesn’t mean it isn’t a Cal though. The collar shape and lapels don’t look like Cal. Cal collars are haphazard and this one looks more refined. These CHPs are hard to pin down b/c a million makers made them and liners, zips, etc end up getting replaced. In other words I have no clue.
This gnarly guy without a label is coming. Looks like a paperclip Talon on it. Got it for very little money. What do you guys think? A Cal? Something else? Much smaller lapels on it than my other Cals.

View attachment 550642

View attachment 550643

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
This gnarly guy without a label is coming. Looks like a paperclip Talon on it. Got it for very little money. What do you guys think? A Cal? Something else? Much smaller lapels on it than my other Cals.

View attachment 550642

View attachment 550643

I almost posted this one in the Finds and Deals thread, but I had misgivings about that back yoke when I zoomed in on it. I thought the structural integrity looked a bit suspect. I hope I'm wrong.

Don't go Hulk mode (or @ton312 mode) on it.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Nearly positive Californian. I was also a little worried about the leather on the back.
I think you're right. Cals have two snaps below the collar for the mouton collar attachment; this one has one, like Californians. I hope the leather on the back is not fried and can be restored with a little TLC.

A Californian for comparison:

Californian front.jpeg

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I almost posted this one in the Finds and Deals thread, but I had misgivings about that back yoke when I zoomed in on it. I thought the structural integrity looked a bit suspect. I hope I'm wrong.

Don't go Hulk mode (or @ton312 mode) on it.

Well, if the yoke is structurally unsound I'll try to return it. But for now I hope that the top layer is just weathered. Not much money in it anyway after the seller took the offer, worth a punt I figured.

cbez

One Too Many
Iron Heart type 3 came today. Very thick and plush horsehide, feels super tough and overbuilt. I've wanted one since I saw the himeji leather. I went with a 34 which has quite narrow shoulders but it seems to work for me in this cut.

A lot of whiskery grain and not too many striations. A few specs where the pigment dye has worn off here and there but overall almost new condition.

I could legitimately lose probably 3-4" off the sleeves, so I'll have to decide if I'm gonna be stack city or alter it.

20231006_175535.jpg

20231006_175621.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I was able to buy all three I was wanting. The half-belt above was the first to arrive. The New one is coming Tuesday.

I just won the auction on the grail jacket. some one else thought it was grail level and bid accordingly, didn't expect this $ level of interest. Nice to know I wasn't alone. Set a record in my book. Grail pieces are typically expensive.

This one will fit me and my collection. It goes to the top in it's category.

I have only seen one like it and it was presented in a thread. I fell in love.

Now I must ready my fall offerings to make room for these new arrivals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR