Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want this dress, but where would I wear it?

carolinagirl

New in Town
Too dressy for church, no formal events coming up soon...

56.jpg

I just love it!

This is not my auction and I am in no way connected to the seller. I just thought someone who loves vintage would appreciate this dress! (If I don't bid on it!)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've always found when there's something I really, really, really want and can't decide where I would wear or use the item, the second it gets away, the perfect opportunity to wear or use said item immediately presents itself.

Get it - at $40 it appears to be a steal. You'll no doubt regret it later if you pass.

OK - Halloween's only a few months away. Have a 40's Halloween party.

carolinagirl

New in Town
Mike in Seattle said:
I've always found when there's something I really, really, really want and can't decide where I would wear or use the item, the second it gets away, the perfect opportunity to wear or use said item immediately presents itself.

Get it - at $40 it appears to be a steal. You'll no doubt regret it later if you pass.

OK - Halloween's only a few months away. Have a 40's Halloween party.

That's a really good idea! Thanks!

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
I think it's lovely. For me, I'd wear it to work any day. I wear things like that to work all the time. (Work is pretty much the only reason I leave the house, so I guess I just wear things like that pretty often.)

BV

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Its lovely, but its not a formal dress. That would have been worn to an office job, or something of that nature. Church, a family evening out to the movies, a casual dinner, stuff like that.

Its cheap and super cute, get it!

LD

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That really is a lovely dress.
If you really love it, don't let it pass you by. You might get invited to an event, and then regret not having it.
Buying a treat like that for yourself every once in a while is not a bad thing. It would be a wonderful addition to your collection. At some point you will have an occasion to wear it.
The Halloween idea is a great idea too.
Sometimes my Hemingway Jones and I will get all decked out and go to dinner. Even if there isn't an event to go to afterwards, we dress up for the fun of it. You could plan a nice evening out, maybe do dinner and dancing. People will just assume that you have come from a fancy event, and in that dress, you'll probably get lots of compliments.
Buy it, wear it, enjoy it. Life is short, live it up:D

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
That´s really a damn cute dress! I could absolutely imagine it for daily wear.. I bought a cute Beret yesterday and that would be the perfect acessoire for it, too for a lovely "french girl" look or a bookbag and a big bow in the hair for a "student girl on the run" look. If it´s your size go for it. You can´t do anything wrong with a black dress for a basic outfit and you can give it many different looks with different acessoires and cardigans!

maisie

Practically Family
I think it definatly looks like a something you could dress up or down with the right acessories so it can be worn for lots of differnt ocassions!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I say get it!

A girl can never have too many black dresses.

I looks like a nice staple dress that you could get a lot of wear out of.

And once you get it, you might find that it is perfect for more things than you know!

Also, I like to buy fancy dresses and wait for the events to happen instead of running around trying to find the right dress for the right occasion. I always end up frustrated at the nd of such shopping trips, so best to build your wardrobe up piece by lovely piece!

Good luck and I hope you get it!

Rosie

One Too Many
Buy it and wear it anywhere you please. If you love something especially at a good price, get it, you won't regret it. There are many a day when I am probably "overdressed" but, who cares? As long as you're happy in your clothes.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Although it is a very simple dress, it is very elegant and made out of a nice taffeta (which in my opinion is best left to "After 5" occasions.) I'd stick with dinner and dancing to show off this beauty. And I agree with Donna--if the two of you are dressed up, you won't look out of place :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I saw the title and was picturing something in red silk.

There's so many options for a black dress this length. It could be worn to a lot of different occasions with a change of accessories/jewelry/shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes