Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Snookie said:
I've been likened to Judy Garland so often sometimes I wonder if I should moonlight as an impersonator...but then I'd have to sing. I mean, I can carry a tune, but I doubt I could ever pull it off.

Is that your photo in your avatar?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Snookie said:
I've been likened to Judy Garland .

I think that same thing everytime I see your avatar. I believe I saw you dance at the 10th anniversary of CH. I thought the same thing then, as well as, my, she really looks "vintage" in the sense that some people have a modern sort of face, and others have a vintage face. I don't know if that makes sense, but it isn't just about the makeup or the dress. Some people just look from another era. And you do. :)

Snookie

Practically Family
RetroBabydoll - yes, my avatar is a picture of me, from the Seaside Ball a couple years ago. These days I usually do more 40's hair, which I think encourages the Judy Garland comments even more!

Red - Thanks so much! Yes, we were at CH this year - you and I will have to meet up at a dance sometime and say hi. What a nice complement about having a vintage face; I must be doing something right then! I've never been a glam girl, always more the girl next door. Must be my strong MidWestern roots!

Marlowe P.

One of the Regulars
Dont have a decent photo to post yet. But tonight at work I got told I looked like Paul Simon... I dont know if that is good or bad... better than Art I suppose... Ive gotten Josh Groban too ... I didn't even know who he was until that. Ugh... what about Steve Mcqueen?? I don't see Paul pulling the ladies on looks alone

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
2109986865_ee75190d7c.jpg

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Snookie said:
RetroBabydoll - yes, my avatar is a picture of me, from the Seaside Ball a couple years ago. These days I usually do more 40's hair, which I think encourages the Judy Garland comments even more!

Red - Thanks so much! Yes, we were at CH this year - you and I will have to meet up at a dance sometime and say hi. What a nice complement about having a vintage face; I must be doing something right then! I've never been a glam girl, always more the girl next door. Must be my strong MidWestern roots!

Wow! You do look like Judy Garland! You're sooooo pretty!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
ohairas said:
britt_may.jpg

I was watching Hunters this afternoon and Britt May really put me in mind of you ohairas. She does look a little bit too moody in this picture, and you look much nicer than her of course:) but I see something similar in the femme-fatale-type eyes?
I see a resemblance here, don't know if anyone else agrees?

mike

Call Me a Cab
My mom's dad used to say when my mom just started dating my dad that he looked like William Powell, and I think it still holds true...
dadinhat.jpg

I've been told I resemble him too (William Powell that is, obviously I resemble my pop!) Also I've been told I look like Adolph Menjou.. I'm mustache-less now though so I guess I just look like me :eusa_doh:
garycarynmike07.jpg

menjou_adolphe.jpg

Adolphe Menjou...?
DSC_1751.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
RetroBabydoll said:
Can anyone find a Golden Era actress that is similar to me?

I'm finding the search difficult.

perhaps a stretch, but a different haircut, and you could certainly fit in with Mack Sennett's Bathing Beauties :)

800px-Mack_Sennetts_bathing_beautie.png

Dagwood

Practically Family
RetroBabydoll said:
Can anyone find a Golden Era actress that is similar to me? [/QUOTE]

Similar to Veronica Lake. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrPVsr17g4"]Here are a whole bunch of pictures of her[/URL].

With your smile, similar to Carole Landis. [URL="http://www.suspense-movies.com/stars/carole-landis/"]Here are her pictures[/URL].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart