Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

arthur

Suspended
Or how about
untitledelmer.jpg

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
What about me?

SK2_05tu5X7.jpg
I have been told that I look like my Grandma when she was my age and a little older. It was takened as one of my graduation pictures. Does anyone know whom I might resemble?
Sarah

Also, I just wanted to add that I love this thread and all the great pictures.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
I uploaded my photo thru Photobucket. I can view it, can anyone else? I know sometimes it works for some and not others.
Sarah

LordBest

Practically Family
Winnie and I

I tried on a new thift store suit, and my Christy's Homburg which arrived today. Four people in four seperate encounters said I looked like Winston Churchill. I knew there was a reason I kept the beard for so long.
ohdeargodilooklikewinstonchurchill.jpg

I can not see it myself...

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Ah, but you must practice.

Score a few 7" cigars and a blue polka dot bowtie. Stand in front of your mirror growling, "We shall fight on the beaches...we shall never surrender", and "Madame, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Also take up harrumphing. It's excellent exercise for toning the jowl muscles.

LordBest

Practically Family
To be honest, I think the resemblence people see is just a similar face shape and glower, there really is not much resemblence (not that I can see) beyond that. I do not think my photo is particularly true to life, to be honest.

p51

One Too Many
When I was much younger and thinner, folks used to say I looked like a young Jimmy Stewart. But now that I'm staring 40 almost in the eye, I think I look more like a younger version of Dean Jagger in "Twelve O'clock High." I can't think of anyone else that is close.
Me:
WarCoClassAStand.jpg

Dean Jagger at the right:

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I know we're supposed to say who we think we look like, but i rarely even get MODERN celebrities...so I have NO idea about golden era...any suggestions?

(my avie is me)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats