Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info about this jacket?

Inusuit

A-List Customer
img img/

img img

img img

Found this at Goodwill for $10. Practically unworn, a bit of patina on the cuffs. Lining is a heavy satin fabric. Handwarmer pockets are lined with flannel.moleskin. Any information as to age or about the maker would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
A grand slam for sure. Reminds me that I need to visit my local thrift shops again soon. :D
The graphics on the labels have a 1940s or 1950s sort of look to them. Are there any other labels inside the pockets, such as a union label maybe?

Inusuit

A-List Customer
The only labels on the jacket are the ones pictured. Nothing in the pockets. There is no interior pocket. The main zipper and the chest pocket zipper are Talons.

Normally the local Goodwill (Cheyenne) writes the price on the jacket lining with felt tip marker and most of the leather jackets are $25-$35 for mall shop stuff. Since this one was not marked (Thank You!), they let me have it for $10.00. Actually a bit less with my senior discount.

The only labels on the jacket are the ones pictured. Nothing in the pockets. There is no interior pocket. The main zipper and the chest pocket zipper are Talons.

Normally the local Goodwill (Cheyenne) writes the price on the jacket lining with felt tip marker and most of the leather jackets are $25-$35 for mall shop stuff. Since this one was not marked (Thank You!), they let me have it for $10.00. Actually a bit less with my senior discount.

SWEET! It fits, right?

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Perfectly! Snug as I understand is appropriate for the style and era and the sleeve length is correct.

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
What a steal! I've seen similar Californian style half belts like this going for serious money on ebay and yours is mint! If it doesn't smell of mold or tobacco smoke, you're in the money! Very nice!

Last edited:

pilot error

One of the Regulars
WoW!!! Its scores like that keep me going. From what I can see....I'm going with late 40's enjoy it!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just drove in from Pittsburgh and boy are my feets tired....

Excellent jacket, great score and you wear it well... nice brim to.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy