Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is your fedora tipped?

Alon

One of the Regulars
How do you wear your fedora? Leveled or on an angle?

I always wear mine slightly tipped to my right. In this photo it's leaning back more than usual just for the sake of the photo. Normally, the tipped side is about an inch above my eyebrow.

n28117681_38398301_6231.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
As dead level and straight as I can manage. Always.

The only exception is when the pop-up flash is up, or when I am using a shoeflash. Then, my hat is typically pushed far back on my head in a very stupid-looking position, or taken off and set down somewhere. If I anticipate I'll be doing any flash photography, I wear my cap.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
My Stetson Delaware (Indy-style) I usually have pushed back a bit, but usually dead level from side to side. The other fedoras I usually wear straight and level. I'll have to try tipping them a bit.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I usually wear mine pretty straight. I just haven't been able to determine if fedoras really look good on me at an angle. Also, based on the ones I have, and the sizes they are, they just feel better and more "correct" when they're worn straight. Maybe if I ran into one that fit just a bit differently, I'd wear one at an angle. Does the size of the hat usually have to be a tad smaller than your size in order to wear it at an angle? Somehow I've gotten that impression...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
It depends on my mood and comfort. If I'm feeling playful, I tilt regardless of comfort. Otherwise, my hats sit however they feel best. Each hat seems to have it's own favorite position. Who am I to argue?

vonwotan

Practically Family
Unless it's dead still outside I have trouble wearing my hat at a jauntier angle. My head shape seems to make it difficult - I can only manage a slight angle or small shift forward or back.

RJCNTX

Familiar Face
Interesting that so far, if there is any tip it is always to the right. I'm even left handed and I still wear my with a slight tip to the right.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I usually put my hat on with my right hand, and the tilt is to the right. But if I put my hat on with my left hand, it does tilt to the left. I always find it odd because I'm not used to it.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
If I'm looking in a mirror, I tend to put the hat on straight. If no mirror is available, I try for straight, and usually discover I have tipped it slightly to the LEFT. (I am Right handed, by the way.) :D

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
I'm right-handed, and I always put my hat on with my right hand, but somehow, it always winds up tipped to the left. That's just how it feels most comfortable on my head. So it becomes a little awkward because, coming at my head from the right, the hat always winds up level or tipped to the right -- and then I have to take a second to adjust it (which doesn't look cool or confident at all! lol Slap it on and go, I say.). I've started to use my left hand to put on my hat, but it's taking some getting used to.

-Tofu

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
My hat is always cocked to the left. It just sits naturally that way. Though right handed, I put my hat on with my left hand. I can't put one on straight without looking into a mirror...

I even like hats where the brim is up on the right side, and down on the left...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart