Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just ordered my first Aero!!!

I

Ian

Yup....I've ordered my first ever Aero jacket....It's a Half belt deluxe in brown HFQH....After millions of emails to Amanda..:eek:...I've finally decided on the sizes...:eusa_clap

I've gotta say....Amanda is probably the most patient and tolerant person I've ever corresponded with....:eusa_clap

Just the usual 12 week wait now and I need to fight the urge to tweak the final sizes...:rolleyes:

Ian

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Thats going to feel like a long 12 weeks. Going to be nice slipping it on when the wait is over though. Please post pics when it arrives.

I

Ian

Thanks guys!!!...and extra thanks to Dav for helping me out during the ordering process!!....I'm really nervous about the sizes, but I guess that's normal.....I'll defo be posting pictures when it turns up...Just a question....How much arm length do you generally lose due to creasing etc?...

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

Dav

One Too Many
This is how my sleeve sits after the creases have formed and how it is when I pull them back out again, it does look more than it feels so I'd say about an inch or so.
0015-1.jpg
0026-1.jpg

Last edited:
I

Ian

Cheers again Dav!!!.....I kind of allowed for around an inch....I've asked for the sleeves to be 27.5", so should be okay....I do prefer the longer sleeves to shorter ones....anything less than the 1st thumb knuckle and I get nervous..

Ian

QTime

New in Town
oh man, you´ll be stunned! only thing happens too often (in my opinion) is that people get the sleeves or the body too short.

thats all, i mean seriously, have you ever seen a bad looking aero (except the fit on the particular person ..)

I

Ian

oh man, you´ll be stunned! only thing happens too often (in my opinion) is that people get the sleeves or the body too short.

thats all, i mean seriously, have you ever seen a bad looking aero (except the fit on the particular person ..)

I've asked the body to be 27.5" in the back....I'm not a fan of the short jacket look on me....I need this jacket to fall below my belt line.....I tried on a Highwayman in a 48" which was 27" in the back and 26" on the sleeve....So I asked for 27.5" on the sleeves and an extra 1/2" for the length......Hopefully that'll do it..

P1010506-1.jpg

Ian

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Ian: I know how you feel. I ordered a 38-1711 A2 in russet jerky horse/rust knits on February 18th. If Aero stick to the 12 week timescale it should be with me very soon...I'm getting a bit nervous about the length of the sleeves. I have pretty short arms for my chest size, and I took my sleeve measurements from a vintage civillian jacket. I'm also nervous because I've moved house since I placed the order! I have let Aero know of course, but you know, I can't help but fret a bit! I'm looking forward to seeing the end result though.

Anyway, all I can suggest is try not to think about it over the coming months! I managed it for the first few weeks, but as D-Day approaches, I find myself going back to the Aero site more and more to look at the pics! :eek:

I've just realised that my jacket is due on Friday the 13th! :eeek:

borisna

A-List Customer
Can't imagine how helpful this forum has been to me, i am also in the process of ordering my first Aero, and after reading this thread went back and added another 1/2 inch in the sleeves for my jacket

Thanks guys :)

I

Ian

Aye....Whenever I've waited for jackets before, the final few weeks are the worst!!....I'm sure your jacket will be awesome!!!!...I guess if the sleeves are too long though, Aero can rectify that...

Ian

I

Ian

The thing is....Sleeve length means nothing unless you know where the shoulder seams are.....I've gotten it wrong before on a Wested jacket..:(

Ian

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
The thing is....Sleeve length means nothing unless you know where the shoulder seams are.....I've gotten it wrong before on a Wested jacket..:(

Ian

Yep - that's what's worrying me. I took my sleeve length from a late 40s jacket that has a similar overall sihouette to an A2. However, it has a little padding in the shoulders (it's like a leather Ricky jacket), and I'm worried this will throw the measurement off. Thing is, it should only add about an inch to my regular sleeve length, which if all the predictions here regarding creasing are correct, should be ok.

However, I have faith in Aero, and if there is a problem, I'm sure it can be fixed. I'll no doubt post some pics when it arrives and get your thoughts and advice.

*Edit - hey, I'm now one of the regulars with this post!:D

Last edited:

Seawolf

Familiar Face
Now you guys are making me nervous about my sleeve length. I'm at week 15, and no jacket yet, so it might be too late to make an adjustment!

D

Deleted member 16736

Now you guys are making me nervous about my sleeve length. I'm at week 15, and no jacket yet, so it might be too late to make an adjustment!

I'm 6'2" and my sleeve is 26.5" on my Highwayman and the back is 27" and it feels and looks one half inch too long on both (I had told them I was 6'2.5"). The sleeve falls one half inch above the first thumb knuckle and it feels and looks one half inch too long, at that. I ordered another jacket from a different maker and asked for a 26" sleeve and 26.5" back. It's all a matter of preference, but I prefer that it be on the long side, but not long, if that makes any sense at all. If I can't use my hands, then the sleeve is too long.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
One thing Amanda said to me was to err on the long side as they can always be shortened but not lengthened.

I would imagine they could lengthen them a bit. They could add a section and probably make it look pretty decent to all but the most hard-core leather jacket fans. Unfortunately, people here are hard-core leather jacket fans and no one wants to pay the premium for a custom Aero jacket with cob-job sleeves.

That being said, I'm sure your jacket is fine. You spent a lot of time with the professionals at Aero. They know what they are doing.

SPAMGHOD

New in Town
I've really wanted to get the Shawl Collar Barnstormer. I absolutely love the look in brown. But, I was thinking of getting it 3/4 length with a vent in the back. Probably wouldn't work in heavy horse leather, would it? I've seen some full length shearling car coats (road coat?), but can't remember who made them.

6484ccde0bfa420d_barnstormmer%20shawl%20p1%20copy.jpg

Dav

One Too Many
I would imagine they could lengthen them a bit. They could add a section and probably make it look pretty decent to all but the most hard-core leather jacket fans. Unfortunately, people here are hard-core leather jacket fans and no one wants to pay the premium for a custom Aero jacket with cob-job sleeves.

That being said, I'm sure your jacket is fine. You spent a lot of time with the professionals at Aero. They know what they are doing.
Yes Grayland I suppose you could attach a piece of leather to the end of the sleeve but it would ruin the look IMO so maybe that is why Aero don't do it, at least I don't think they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24