Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L'Oreal Limited Edition Vintage Colors

I was in Walgreens yesterday and they had a display of LE colors called Some Like it Scarlett, modeled by Scarlett Johansson A lot of it was sold out, but I did manage to get the Vintage Red Nail polish. There are 2 more Walgreens here in town so I will be checking them out. They had some nice shadow sets and lipsticks too.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I was at Walgreen's the other day and bought one of the eye shadow sets, "Bedroom Eyes." Nice neutral vintage colors--a champagne and a dark, greyed brown.

I didn't buy any of the lipsticks because I figured I already had 20+ shades of red lipstick sitting in my train case :rolleyes:

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
A train case is a piece of luggage that you store your toiletries in; I use mine (I have two from the 1940s-50s) for cosmetic storage and for travel. I can't find a pic that's not on eBay (I can't access eBay from work), but here is a later one:

samsonitetraincase.jpg

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I got one of the lipsticks and the vintage red nail polish (great shade btw). I am still searching for the other lipsticks locally. No luck yet.

It was just in time too, since the stuff from the Max Factor vintage line from a few years ago had to be thrown out. They had reds and a fuschia lipstick too.

Funny thing is that for black and white film, they used to use what my mom (a member of SAG during the 40's) called "funny colors" sepia tones and the like--she described the makeup as looking really strange in person, but great on film.

dollfaced

Familiar Face
Jitterbug thats a cool train case i have a twofive cosmetic box have you ever seen those they are hard to find i bought my green one on ebay they are stylish and very nice on the inside!! They are great reproductive vintage train case that come in all kinds of great reto colors!

maisie

Practically Family
That range of make up sound great, i wonder whether it will ever be seen in the UK?[huh] Is there a website with the products on?

jitterbugdoll said:
Yeah, I generally can't wear grays, so I passed on those sets. If I see another "Bedroom Eyes", would you like me to pick it up for you?

Thank you for the offer. I have 2 more Walgreen's to check here first. I will let you know if I don't find it.
I also seem to want all the "reds" I can get. And on the subject of train cases, here is a pic of mine. Excuse the mess, this was just taken after we moved in.
Mine is older and is lined in red. It's only fault is it is missing it's mirror in the lid, but I love it and it only cost me $8.;)
traincase.jpg

Novella

Practically Family
I saw the display at Ulta and despite the fact that I didn't need to buy more makeup I was a sucker for the advertising and packaging.

I think red lipstick buying is some kind of addiction/disease - the bug's bitten me too.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
CVS has this line 50% off or 2 for 1

I stopped by my local CVS and they are running a 50% off/2 for 1 sale on this line -- I'll be picking some products up tomorrow. Very nice colors and I love the ads.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
imoldfashioned said:
I stopped by my local CVS and they are running a 50% off/2 for 1 sale on this line -- I'll be picking some products up tomorrow. Very nice colors and I love the ads.
I'm so going to CVS tonight. Shame, I was just there this morning, totally forgot to look in the make-up aisle.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went to three different CVS pharmacies and a Target looking for the shadows, lipstick and any other stuff from this line. The first CVS had nothing left and it wasn't on sale. Target didn't have it either. The last CVS I went to I made out a lot better. They were having the buy one get one 50% off sale. Unforunately L'Oreal is not that smart. First of all, they say to visit there website for some ways to wear these colors. I wrote the link down, but when I went to it it was a dead link. Their web site mentions nothing of the limited edition line or of Scarlet Johansen. check here. They have bad marketing in that the displays they have to sell this limited edition line, only hold 2 of each product, and suppsedly they are only sending 2 of each in the different colors they come in to the stores. That's why it's selling out so quickly. I really like these colors, so I thought I'd stock up. I got the Lineur Intense in Houndstooth Brown and Old Hollywood Black. I got 2 of the Some Like it Scarlett Colour Riche lipsticks. And just to let you know the limited edition
Silver Screen Starlet (#946) quad pack of wear infinite shadows are the same as Smokey Eyes (#904). The smokey eyes might have a little more shine to them, but I really can't tell. So if you are looking for the limited editon pallette, you can get the other one instead, if you can't find it. I did manage to find one of the bedroom eyes shadows. I couldn't find the vintage red nail color anywhere, but I did get the captivating crimson.

Revlon is also doing an ode to the silver screen. They have some great lipsticks and nail colors, but I didn't really like the shadows. I got the Tribal Red lip gloss, and I really like it. Has a nice shine to it, but not too shiny. Got the nail duo in wild garnet. Check them out too while at the pharmacy.
I also got L'Oreal De-Crease. It supposedly lessens the creasing of your shadow if you put in on as a base. Anyone use anything like this before? Is it just a scam? I hate when my shadow looks cracked after wearing it for a while.
I'm gonna go back to CVS for they get a new shipment in tomorrow and want to take advantage of the sale.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
I also got L'Oreal De-Crease. It supposedly lessens the creasing of your shadow if you put in on as a base. Anyone use anything like this before? Is it just a scam? I hate when my shadow looks cracked after wearing it for a while.

I've tried these kind of bases before and haven't had any success. However the Revlon Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow is wonderful. It really lasts 12+ hours and I never get that "crease."

http://www.revlon.com/product.asp?productid=28386&mode=catalog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner