Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L'Oreal Limited Edition Vintage Colors

Daisy Buchanan said:
I went to three different CVS pharmacies and a Target looking for the shadows, lipstick and any other stuff from this line. The first CVS had nothing left and it wasn't on sale. Target didn't have it either. The last CVS I went to I made out a lot better. They were having the buy one get one 50% off sale. Unforunately L'Oreal is not that smart. First of all, they say to visit there website for some ways to wear these colors. I wrote the link down, but when I went to it it was a dead link. Their web site mentions nothing of the limited edition line or of Scarlet Johansen. check here. They have bad marketing in that the displays they have to sell this limited edition line, only hold 2 of each product, and suppsedly they are only sending 2 of each in the different colors they come in to the stores. That's why it's selling out so quickly. I really like these colors, so I thought I'd stock up. I got the Lineur Intense in Houndstooth Brown and Old Hollywood Black. I got 2 of the Some Like it Scarlett Colour Riche lipsticks. And just to let you know the limited edition
Silver Screen Starlet (#946) quad pack of wear infinite shadows are the same as Smokey Eyes (#904). The smokey eyes might have a little more shine to them, but I really can't tell. So if you are looking for the limited editon pallette, you can get the other one instead, if you can't find it. I did manage to find one of the bedroom eyes shadows. I couldn't find the vintage red nail color anywhere, but I did get the captivating crimson.

Revlon is also doing an ode to the silver screen. They have some great lipsticks and nail colors, but I didn't really like the shadows. I got the Tribal Red lip gloss, and I really like it. Has a nice shine to it, but not too shiny. Got the nail duo in wild garnet. Check them out too while at the pharmacy.
I also got L'Oreal De-Crease. It supposedly lessens the creasing of your shadow if you put in on as a base. Anyone use anything like this before? Is it just a scam? I hate when my shadow looks cracked after wearing it for a while.
I'm gonna go back to CVS for they get a new shipment in tomorrow and want to take advantage of the sale.

You must have had a decent sales person to give you that info Daisy. I went to two more Wallgreens yesterday and niether of them had the display at all. We don't have CVS down here and my closest Target is 60 miles away.
I did manage to find the Coty 1930's powder package so I grabed that.
I am going to go back to the first Walgreen's and see if I can talk to someone about the line there. They are usually the more helpfull store.
Hopefully they will replenish the line as it sells out. I can't see them going to the troble of producing something so extremely limited. LE usually is short lived but theye usually is some quantity, how else would it be profitable for them? I'm hoping we have found these as they are just comming out and they will get a lot more in the next few weeks.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
texasgirl said:
I've tried these kind of bases before and haven't had any success. However the Revlon Colorstay 12 hour eyeshadow is wonderful. It really lasts 12+ hours and I never get that "crease."

http://www.revlon.com/product.asp?productid=28386&mode=catalog
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna try it out today. The Besame shadows I have are very long lasting. On Saturday I did my make-up in the morning, did a lot of running around and didn't have a lot of time to get ready for dinner out. I was pleasantly surprised that I barely had to touch up my eye make-up. Just needed to touch up my liner, which was not Besame. However, I do find with there darker shadows, I get an annoying crease.
I am gonna try out the Revlon, but I'm hoping to have good luck with the L'Oreal, since I just bought a bunch of it.

Daisy Buchanan

CherryRed said:
You must have had a decent sales person to give you that info Daisy. I went to two more Wallgreens yesterday and niether of them had the display at all. We don't have CVS down here and my closest Target is 60 miles away.
I did manage to find the Coty 1930's powder package so I grabed that.
I am going to go back to the first Walgreen's and see if I can talk to someone about the line there. They are usually the more helpfull store.
Hopefully they will replenish the line as it sells out. I can't see them going to the troble of producing something so extremely limited. LE usually is short lived but theye usually is some quantity, how else would it be profitable for them? I'm hoping we have found these as they are just comming out and they will get a lot more in the next few weeks.
CVS does have a decent make-up department, they even have a make-up consultant, who came in very handy at the last store I went to. She actually gave me a rain check, so if they get the new shipment in after the sale is over, I can still take advantage of the sale. I wore the "some like it Scarlett" lipstick last night and I really liked it.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Frustrating

I'm very frustrated with L'Oreal also. I understand it is a limited edition color but sending such small numbers of product to a spotty number of stores is just bad business--as is the dead Scarlett link (she isn't even under the spokesmodel section of the site!). I managed to get the Buttoned up Red and Some Like it Scarlett lipsticks and I love them both, but had they been in stock I'd have bought several of the eyeshadows, blush, etc. I complained on their website but I'm sure I'll never hear from them. Haven't found a source for this online yet either. Grr!

Etienne

A-List Customer
CherryRed said:
Thank you for the offer. I have 2 more Walgreen's to check here first. I will let you know if I don't find it.
I also seem to want all the "reds" I can get. And on the subject of train cases, here is a pic of mine. Excuse the mess, this was just taken after we moved in.
Mine is older and is lined in red. It's only fault is it is missing it's mirror in the lid, but I love it and it only cost me $8.;)
traincase.jpg

I have had this same case since I was a kid in the 50's! I remember using it as a weekend case for "spend the nights" with my friends!

texasgirl

One Too Many
Etienne said:
Texasgirl, I have a base made by Chanel that works perfectly (and I have "oily" eyelids). You might want to give it a try...

I'll give it try, thanks! I don't know if it's that my eyelids are oily or this awful hot Texas weather, 105 today, agh!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Revlon is also doing an ode to the silver screen. They have some great lipsticks and nail colors, but I didn't really like the shadows. I got the Tribal Red lip gloss, and I really like it.

the revlon lipstick i SWEAR by is in their 'moisturous' line and is called monsoon red. its a great true red, and all i buy anymore!

ive been mildly excited about the scarlett johansen loreal stuff because we have the same coloring, and its hard to find nice makeup when youre so pale!

Daisy Buchanan

I played around with some of the make-up I bought today. I must say, I am very happy with the Bedroom Eyes eyeshadow duo. This is the first brown combination I have found that I really like. I also really like the Button-up Red lipstick. It is, for me and my coloring, the perfect shade of red. Not too bright, not too orangey, just a nice shade of red. I used the de-creaser, and it's actually working nicely.
Of course I fell for another stupid marketing ploy. I bought a limp plumper by Jane, because I've always wanted my upper lip to have a little more plum and definition. I put it on, and a few seconds later my lips started to burn a bit. This lip concoction is actually a cinnimon lip gloss. Of Course, anything that is hot like that will cause inflammation in soft tissue!! What a scam. But, my lips were nice and red and plump, so I'll tolerate the few minutes of burning!! Funny, I could save myself a few dollars and just rub big red on my lips.
But, I like the L'oreal that I have tried so far. I'm gonna play around with the shades of black tomorrow. I really want to be able to do that glamorous evening look. Hope I can find some directions on line, since even though L'oreal advertises that they do, they don't! Hmpfh.

I went back to the first Walgreen's that had the display today and I found someone to talk to. I asked her if they were going to get more in and she said no, because it is a LE. :rage: That is so infuriating. Some of the colors I didn't even get to see. So I figured I better get what I wanted while it was there. I got 3 of the 4 lipssticks: Leading Lady Red Some Like it Scarlett, and Buttoned Up Red. I also got the Scarlett Glamour lipliner and the Graciful Greys shadow duo. All the sets of 4 colors were gone.:( My Mom lives on the east cost so I am going to have her check CVS for me.
I think I am going to send a complaint email to L'Oreal too. If they get enough maybe they will put out a little more.[huh]

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
I think I am going to send a complaint email to L'Oreal too. If they get enough maybe they will put out a little more.[huh]

I'm emailing them too, we have had nothing here in the UK:( :(
That ......(as far as I am concerned) .......is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH:rage:

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I have just sent a lengthy email to L'oreal expressing my concerns on behalf of the U.S ladies and the short supplies of the Vintage Range.....(who knows we may end up queueing for it like in the war!!!!lol )
I also asked if the U.K will be getting any, and why it's not featured on the website.
I will keep you posted as to any response I receive......

Daisy Buchanan

AllaboutEve said:
I have just sent a lengthy email to L'oreal expressing my concerns on behalf of the U.S ladies and the short supplies of the Vintage Range.....(who knows we may end up queueing for it like in the war!!!!lol )
I also asked if the U.K will be getting any, and why it's not featured on the website.
I will keep you posted as to any response I receive......
Thank You! I sent them a complaint to. So frustrating that I finally find a vintage red lipstick that I really like, that is reasonablly priced (they are buy one get one free at CVS and the shadows, powders and liners are buy one get one half off), and they make it in limited amounts. Also annoyed by their advertisment of a web link that does not work. Will have to see if they actually get back to any of us.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
Some luck on the East Coast..

Hi Ladies, I went to my local CVS this a.m.. They did have a huge display as soon as you walked in, but curiously, there was nothing in the display to indicate this was a vintage inspired or limited edition, line. I would have walked right by it, if I wasn't specifically looking for it.

The sale was over, but they still had a fair amount of items, I did get the Decked in Red lipstick ( I can't resist the pretty packaging:) ), The Vintage Red nailpolish, and a blush in Rosy Outlook, which I'm not even sure is part of the vintage line.

I wonder if this is a promotion to tie in with the Black Dahlia movie that is coming out and starring Scarlett Johannson.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I'm so glad others are writing L'Oreal!

By the way Daisy and other Boston Ladies, I went to the CVS at 400 Tremont St last night and they had quite a bit of this line in stock and on sale. I bought some liner and shadows. This is the only location I've seen a decent assortment still in stock.

Daisy Buchanan

imoldfashioned said:
By the way Daisy and other Boston Ladies, I went to the CVS at 400 Tremont St last night and they had quite a bit of this line in stock and on sale. I bought some liner and shadows. This is the only location I've seen a decent assortment still in stock.
Good to know, thanks. I've been to a bunch of CVS's and managed to get a good amount although I haven't found the vintage red nail polish yet. Still have 2 more CVS to go to in my area. I went to 2 Brooke's and they had nothing. I'm gonna check out wallgreens.
I am surprised that the displays hold so little, since they are really big.

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
The display at my Walgreens was still pretty well stocked, although the only eye shadows left were the grey sets, and one of the two blush shades had already sold out. I was considering the grey shadow quad but decided on the duo in Graceful Greys instead. I was torn between the Some Like It Scarlett lipstick and the Leading Lady Red -- didn't feel like I needed both -- and the Leading Lady won. Does anyone have both L'Oreal Leading Lady Red and Besame Red? After getting home and comparing Leading Lady Red to my Besame Red lipstick sample, I think they're very similar.

While at Walgreens I also picked up the last Coty Airspun loose powder they had in the 1935 packaging.

Thank you to the ladies who let us know about these items! :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Ugh! This all sounds very frustrating. We just got back into town but I am going to check Ulta, Walgreens, and CVS tomorrow and hope I can find some of the L'Oreal line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred