Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L'Oreal Limited Edition Vintage Colors

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
While at Walgreens I also picked up the last Coty Airspun loose powder they had in the 1935 packaging.

My local Walgreen's finally had these in, so I picked one up. There L'Oreal display was hidden on another aisle, but was still well stocked. I picked up the liquid liner and found that the brush (and easy to use felt tip) is fantastic.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jitterbugdoll said:
My local Walgreen's finally had these in, so I picked one up. There L'Oreal display was hidden on another aisle, but was still well stocked. I picked up the liquid liner and found that the brush (and easy to use felt tip) is fantastic.
Yes, it is. I never really liked liquid eyeliner. It, for me, is not as easy to apply and bothers my contacts. I really like the felt tip application of the L'Oreal. So much easier than other liquids I've tried. It also stays on for longer and doesn't bother my eyes. It works a lot better after you've used it a few times. Have to break the felt tip in to make it a little softer.
I'm gonna check out Walgreen's today. All the CVS's around are all sold out. I really want to get that Coty Airspun powder.
I really like the blushes that I got from L'Oreal, but I have yet to find a good powder that I like with my skin tone. I have some Lorac powder and foundation that I've always loved. But alas, they stopped making the powder in the color I use. From what I'm hearing from you all, it sounds like the Coty will be a good replacement for when I run out of my last case of Lorac.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I hit my favorite Walgreen's this morning with plans to hit 3-4 other stores afterward just in case, but as it turns out, no need! The display was right as you walked in the door and fairly prominent - they had a large cutout of Scarlett made up in a vintage style. The cutout even had a printed list of which products Scarlett was wearing in the photo. Fairly decent stock, too; probably about 4-6 items of each product. I picked up the lipsticks in Some Like it Scarlett and Decked in Red, the lipliners in Scarlett Glamour and Vintage Nude, eye Lineur Intense in Old Hollywood Black, and the eyeshadow duo in Film Noir Eyes. The brown shadow sets looked tempting, but I already have a bunch of brown/cream shadows, so I passed. They also had eyeshadow quads, blushes, mascara, nail color, and a ton of other stuff. A few of the items were low - I bought the last Lineur Intense and the last Film Noir eyes, but there was a ton of nailpolishes and lipsticks left, and quite a few of the other shadow colors. The blush and mascara did not seem to be part of the actual vintage LE line. I was surprised at how big the display was and how well it was stocked, considering how everyone else has been reporting difficulty finding the products! Sadly nothing was on sale, though.

They also had a good supply of the Coty 1935 powder. It is the Walgreen's at Ridglea and Camp Bowie, for anyone in Fort Worth.

Edited to add: I did stop into a CVS later in the morning and they had no display and none of the products, just the regular L'Oreal section on the wall.

Daisy Buchanan

If you can't find L'Oreal, try Revlon

I spent part of the day today looking for more of the L'Oreal. I didn't have any luck at any of the places I went to. I went to 5 different CVS's and 3 of them didn't even have the displays. 2 Wallgreens, and neither of them had the displays. CVS was having a sale on Revlon. The lipsticks were buy one get one free. They too have a cinema inspired line. I actually bought the film noir black eyeliner, and really like it a lot. It goes on nicely, and is a good option if you don't want to use the liquid liner. I thought I would give their lipstick and lipliner a try. I bought the Reel Red and I like it a lot. It's a very pretty vintage-y shade of red, not too bright or orangey. I paired it with the red lipliner from the L'Oreal Scarlett Johansen line, and they go together quite well. I didn't really like any of their shadows, but they have some very pretty blush shades. Right now they have four different color lines in limited edition that are very vintage inspired. I also got a red nailpolish that I like a lot.
I really like the L'Oreal lip liner, it is the kind that doesn't need to be sharpened and it is softer than other kinds to put on, which I think makes it easier to apply.
Well, try the Reel Red lip color from Revlon. Also, if anyone is in search for a very pretty shade of pink that is not too bright and is vintage-ish try Revlon Berry Marquee. I like to wear pink sometimes, but don't like the brightness of some or the too light kinds. This is a dark shade of pink, but it is not bright, very pretty. I have Revlon "British Red" lip color, and didn't like it because it has too much orange in it. These colors aren't orangey at all.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
CVS was having a sale on Revlon. The lipsticks were buy one get one free. They too have a cinema inspired line. I actually bought the film noir black eyeliner, and really like it a lot. It goes on nicely, and is a good option if you don't want to use the liquid liner. I thought I would give their lipstick and lipliner a try. I bought the Reel Red and I like it a lot. It's a very pretty vintage-y shade of red, not too bright or orangey. I paired it with the red lipliner from the L'Oreal Scarlett Johansen line, and they go together quite well. I didn't really like any of their shadows, but they have some very pretty blush shades. Right now they have four different color lines in limited edition that are very vintage inspired. I also got a red nailpolish that I like a lot.

What is the packaging like on the Revlon limited edition/vintage/cinema lines? Is there a display that goes with it? I would like to check it out, but I checked quickly today at Walgreen's and didn't see anything. (Like I need more makeup!)

maisie

Practically Family
Oh i'm so jealous, these colours sound great, and they even have cool names too:eek: ! I wish they had them over here! :rolleyes:

maisie

Practically Family
AllaboutEve said:
(who knows we may end up queueing for it like in the war!!!!lol )

Or we could just use charcoal for eyeliner, ash for mascara and beetroot for lipstick! lol Oh, and don't forget pinching the cheeks for the effect of rouge!lol

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
great link! I love the fact that they put the colors up for you so you can create the look yourself. Eva is definetely more my style...I've gotta get that lipstick!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I looked at the Revlon line last night. I didn't care for the packaging as much (although the eyeshadow and blush in the Julianne line has pretty cute packaging with a gold lattice print), and overall it is more expensive than the L'Oreal line. The eye pencils were about $10.50 each for just a plain pencil - whereas in the L'Oreal line, the liquid liner is only $7 or so. That being said, the Reel Red lipstick looked really nice, and I think I am probably going to pick up the eye pencil in Sepia Tone. They also had a blush I really liked in the Julianne line, although I can't recall the name. It was a very nice, unoffensive pink.

Honey Doll

Practically Family
why or why can't I find these in WNY?

I've looked high and low and although I see plenty of the Julianna Moore stuff cannot find any of the Scarlet vintage make-up by L'Oreal. Maybe it hasn't made it to Western NY? Anyone seen it in NY?

Honey Doll

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Just got my "reply" from L'Oreal.....
Apparently they have no plans to distribute this line in the UK.
No explanation.....
OK, so this is email war now......I have just written a lengthy missive politely but firmly requesting the reasoning behind the decision to exclude the UK so casually.
Secondly I have requested that they send me some suggestions as to how the UK ladies are supposed to enjoy this product line without boarding the next flight to the States, where ( I have pointed out once again) the U.S ladies are already experiencing a sell out.
We shall see...........:mad:

Militant?.....me?.........never;)

Daisy Buchanan

maisie said:
Oh i'm so jealous, these colours sound great, and they even have cool names too:eek: ! I wish they had them over here! :rolleyes:

The Revlon packaging is actually a reproduction of one of their older packages, I think from the 70's, but I'm really not sure.
I hope you ladies overseas can at some point get your hands on this stuff. If not, I'm sure we can arrange a care package filled with goodies you can't get over there.
So strange you can't find it in western NY. It really is in limited amounts. But you'd think the people at L'Oreal would look at their numbers and realize that these limited editions are selling like hot cakes. You'd think big business would want to make more of a product that is selling that good. All Idiots I tell you, gosh darn idiots!!!!:eusa_doh:

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
The Revlon packaging is actually a reproduction of one of their older packages, I think from the 70's, but I'm really not sure.
I hope you ladies overseas can at some point get your hands on this stuff. If not, I'm sure we can arrange a care package filled with goodies you can't get over there.
So strange you can't find it in western NY. It really is in limited amounts. But you'd think the people at L'Oreal would look at their numbers and realize that these limited editions are selling like hot cakes. You'd think big business would want to make more of a product that is selling that good. All Idiots I tell you, gosh darn idiots!!!!:eusa_doh:

Thanks Daisy that's so sweet, lets hope that L'Oreal will take notice of all our S.O.S messages. I will have a look for the Revlon lines too that you mentioned.
I do get a bit miffed by the fact that we tend to miss out on a great deal here in the UK.
You never know if I bug L'Oreal enough about this one they may send me a parcel just to keep me quiet......lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I've seen a few of the items on ebay, particularly in the ebay stores area. I saw a 10 pack of the L'Oreal Color Juice "Box Office Lips" glosses for $30, which seems like a good price since I paid $6 for a single at Target. I've seen several singles for about $7 or $8. I got the Film Noir Rouge color and it is really nice, not too glossy at all (particularly if you blot), with a lot of color. They have some nice colors like Classic Crimson.

Daisy Buchanan

I'm going to New York city in a few days, I've warned Hemingway Jones that I will be going into every pharmacy we pass in search for more L'Oreal. I figure in a big, very style conscious city they should have lots of it there. But then again, I live in Boston and can barely find it here. Very strang, that L'Oreal Company, really don't get why they would limit the sale of what seems to be their best selling product.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Good luck in NYC Daisy, please let us know what you find!

By the by, I am in love with the liner from this line--I'm going to buy up as much of it as I can. I haven't been in the market for liner in quite awhile due to repeated gloppy bad experiences.

Does anyone know if other L'Oreal liners have the same applicators--sponge tip? This made all the difference in application for me.

Thanks all!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I stopped on my way home to check out the Revlon line and picked up the eye pencil in Sepia Tone, leading lady blush in Smoky Rose, and 2 lipsticks - West Coast Wine and Racy Red. The Racy Red is more of a brown-red, for people who can't really wear a true red. They also had a nice one called "Reel Red" but I figured I did NOT need another red. The Eva Mendes and Julianne Moore lines seemed to have the most vintage-inspired colors. The lipsticks were on sale for $6.49 at Walgreens, and buy 1 get 1 free! How could I resist? I also picked up the Coty extra coverage powder to give it a shot.

I definitely didn't *need* any more cosmetics and now I've gone and bought a bunch of stuff because of cute packaging and vintage color names. lol Must stay away from Fedora Lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred