Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L'Oreal Limited Edition Vintage Colors

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
jitterbugdoll wrote:

"A train case is a piece of luggage that you store your toiletries in; I use mine (I have two from the 1940s-50s) for cosmetic storage and for travel. I can't find a pic that's not on eBay (I can't access eBay from work), but here is a later one:"

jitterbugdoll, my mother had that exact train case when I was growing up! I wonder if she still has it...

--Leslie

katiemakeup said:
:eek:fftopic:

CherryRed, I have the Rita Hayworth Max Factor ad! Who is the actress on yours, I can't tell...

DAISY~ while you are in NYC, you should try to check out the Besame counter @ Henri Bendel!

I have yet to see the Scarlett display, I am probably too late...

:eek:fftopic: Mine is Ginger Rogers and advertises the film Once Upon a Honeymoon although the photo is from The Major and The Minor. Those are two of my favorite films of hers.
I also have the MF ad with Ann Sothern but I havn't framed it yet.

Resuming the Topic

I am disappointed with the way this has been handled by L'Oreal.:(
My Mom was going to check CVS in PA for me yesterday to see if they had anything I am looking for.
I really like what I have gotten. I tried the Graceful Gray's shadow duo yesterday and I really like it. I have it on in my avitar. I have never really wore gray before but these are really nice!!

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
i checked wal-mart today and no sign of the scarlett display any longer. but i did find the eyeliner with the felt tip! looking forward to seeing if can make that work better than my last attempt at liquid eye liner.

too bad it isn't waterproof though, my eyes water in the wind!

lara

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK, I've had it with L'Oreal. The reply I got from them was no help. I was in New York city this weekend and went into several pharmacies, and none of them had the collection. I really like the liquid eyeliner. The shadow duo in brown is really nice, but I think the shadow quad in brown has some sort of glitter in it, which ended up all over my face when I wore it. This was very annoying, I wasn't going for that Britany Spears glitter face look. To top it off, I did use the blush, and it made me break out. I rarely get pimples, and now I have bumps on the area where I applied the blush. I didn't use anything else new in that area, so it must have been caused by the blush.
I still love the felt tip eyeliner. It goes on so nicely and stays on for a while. My eyes are sensitive, and this didn't bother me at all. The mascara is OK, but it doens't seem to add any more volume than the other mascara's I've used.
All in all I'm not all that satisfied with this brand. Yes, the colors are great, but their bad customer service makes me not want to buy their products anymore.

marshaellen

New in Town
i use revlon's love that red. it was revlon's first lipstick color, my grandmother always used it. i was wondering if anyone know's if revlon still make's love pat powder in the compact. also if anyone is interested you can log on to old vermont store and find tangee lipstick and cosmetic's also ipana toothpaste, and evening in paris perfume to name a few;)

Novella

Practically Family
Daisy Buchanan said:
To top it off, I did use the blush, and it made me break out. I rarely get pimples, and now I have bumps on the area where I applied the blush. I didn't use anything else new in that area, so it must have been caused by the blush.
I still love the felt tip eyeliner. It goes on so nicely and stays on for a while.

I'm glad you posted about the glitter in the brown quad. I'd considered buying it a few weeks ago, even carried it around the store but ended up putting it back. After all this talk about the vintage line I was feeling a little sad that I decided not to buy it, but that makes me feel a little better.

That's too bad about the blush! I've used L'oreal blush for about two years now and I love it, it's a bummer it made you break out. At least the eyeliner is fantastic! I bought the brown one and I'm completely in love with it. It's converted me from a pencil eyeliner person to a liquid one!

Daisy Buchanan

Novella said:
I'm glad you posted about the glitter in the brown quad. I'd considered buying it a few weeks ago, even carried it around the store but ended up putting it back. After all this talk about the vintage line I was feeling a little sad that I decided not to buy it, but that makes me feel a little better.

That's too bad about the blush! I've used L'oreal blush for about two years now and I love it, it's a bummer it made you break out. At least the eyeliner is fantastic! I bought the brown one and I'm completely in love with it. It's converted me from a pencil eyeliner person to a liquid one!
Yeah, I'm bummed about the blush too, I really love the color. I bought a similar color by revlon, so I'm gonna give that a try.
I really love the liquid eyeliner. I hope that they decide to make all of their liquid liners with this felt tip. I've always hated liquid liners. But this one is just so easy to apply, and you get that really good glamorous affect that I just can't seem to get from a pencil.
I did buy the duo pack of the brown shadow. It doesn't have the glitter that the quad pack does. It's a nice shade of brown. I have the black and greys, but haven't used them yet. Figuring I'd use them for a more dressy look.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
I still love the felt tip eyeliner. It goes on so nicely and stays on for a while.....

daisy, did you see l'oreal has an eyeliner with a felt tip in another one of its lines? i am using that now (thanks to this group where i first learned about felt-tipped liners)

rsg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Daisy Buchanan said:
Yeah, I'm bummed about the blush too, I really love the color. I bought a similar color by revlon, so I'm gonna give that a try..

Daisy, you should try the blush in the Revlon cinema line. There is one in the Julianne Moore-inspired section called "Leading Lady Blush" that I really like. The color is smoky rose, it is a really nice shade of pink that I think would work on most complexions. The package is kind of a flat square and it has a gold latticework pattern printed on the lid. I've been using it for about a week and I really like it.

Also glad you posted about the brown quad shadows having the glitter effect. I was going to check Walgreen's again tomorrow and pick them up if they had any left, so I'll know to look for the duo instead.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I had to run into Target at lunch, so I checked out their cosmetics area. They still had the Scarlett display up, and a pretty decent selection of the cosmetics. I picked up the lipstick in Buttoned Up Red (a more brownish red than the others I had previously gotten), the Houndstooth Brown liquid eyeliner, nail colors in Vintage Red and Captivating Crimson, and the brown shadows. Yes I am a shopaholic. lol They also had a display card up that showed how to apply the colors. I thought about "borrowing" it to scan, but decided against it. lol

BlancheDubois

Familiar Face
I went to Target today and bought the L'oreal Lineur Intense in Old Hollywood Black and Houndstooth Brown. The Some Like It Scarlett display there still had a few items left.

Daisy Buchanan

fortworthgal said:
Daisy, you should try the blush in the Revlon cinema line. There is one in the Julianne Moore-inspired section called "Leading Lady Blush" that I really like. The color is smoky rose, it is a really nice shade of pink that I think would work on most complexions. The package is kind of a flat square and it has a gold latticework pattern printed on the lid. I've been using it for about a week and I really like it.

Also glad you posted about the brown quad shadows having the glitter effect. I was going to check Walgreen's again tomorrow and pick them up if they had any left, so I'll know to look for the duo instead.
Thank you, that is the exact revlon blush I bought, and so far, my skin is OK. I thought it odd that a blush would make me brake out, for my skin is pretty tolerant. I've never had any problems with anykind of make-up before, although I like to stick with the hypo-allergenic eye make-up because they don't bother my contacts as opposed to non- hypo which can cause my eyes to dry out a bit. Luckily I'm not having a problem with the L'Oreal liners and shadows, except for the whole glitter thing. The brown duo is quite lovely. My mom found me some more of it at the Target in her hometown. I'm just waiting to see her again so I can get it. I've always used Chanel and Trish McEvoy for eyes and lips and Lorac and Stila for foundation and powder, which I still use. I'm very happy to find some colors that are a lot less expensive and I don't feel badly buying more than one lipstick at a time. However, I am disappointed at the limited supply. It seems that every time I find something that I really like and is affordable, it goes away all too quickly:mad: I guess that's the benefit of buying the more expensive kind, I can always get the colors I need all in one place. I go to Sephora and get everything I need for creams and foundations, then right next store is a department store that sells Trish and Chanel, and they always have what I need. THe people who work there are great too, always make suggestions that I am happy with. So I guess that makes it OK to spend the money on it. I'm gonna bring the Button Up Red to both Trish and Chanel and possibly Clinique to see if they have a red that is a match. I'll let you know if they do, for this shade of red is great.

Daisy Buchanan

RedShoesGirl said:
daisy, did you see l'oreal has an eyeliner with a felt tip in another one of its lines? i am using that now (thanks to this group where i first learned about felt-tipped liners)

rsg
Thanks RedShoes, I will definitely pick one up when I run out of the ones I have.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
wal-mart put up their scarlett stuff again -
i noticed something very interesting as i was trying to choose lip liners. the colours in the "limited edition" were almost exactly the same as other lip liners in the l'oreal line. so were the shadows!

so if those colours are limited, you can probably find something almost exactly the same in their regular colour riche line.

rsg

Daisy Buchanan

RedShoesGirl said:
wal-mart put up their scarlett stuff again -
i noticed something very interesting as i was trying to choose lip liners. the colours in the "limited edition" were almost exactly the same as other lip liners in the l'oreal line. so were the shadows!

so if those colours are limited, you can probably find something almost exactly the same in their regular colour riche line.

rsg
I noticed the exact same thing. I can't tell the difference between the quad or duo packs in the limited editions and the everyday lines. I think the black quad pack that is nearly the same is 804. I bought it, and I can't tell the difference. Unfortunately, as I said before, the brown quad pack has some sort of glitter in it that is very sticky and ended up all over my face, giving me a 15 year old Britany Spears wannabe look that I couldn't get rid of after just one face washing. Be warned, glitter bad! Maybe the difference is that the everyday line doesn't have the glitter in it, that would make it perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner