Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L'Oreal Limited Edition Vintage Colors

Solitaire

New in Town
This is my first post. I actually found the Fedora Lounge because I was looking for a replacement for my Raven Red lipstick (I bought a dozen when the colour was discontinued and am getting to the last of it.)

I've appreciated all the suggestions on other sources. It's great to know I'm not the only one out there who prefers classic styles.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
Anyone want some authentic make up that is vintage? There is an auction on Ebay ending Sept 17th...

look under the title
Vintage Eye & Lip Make-Up Lot

I don't think you would want to actually use it, however it might be nice for a collection...

wibblebird

New in Town
My first post...just wanted to share this link. It's relatively expensive ($50 for two tubes!), especially if you're looking to reproduce a $6 shade of lipstick, but there is a place that will reproduce any color - send a dime-sized amount to them (or your original tube, which they'll return to you) and they will customize a match:

http://threecustom.com/custom01.html

What I find interesting is that they'll also customize the finish - take your favorite glossy finish and make it matte, etc. Also could be great if you find a vintage sample to reproduce. Had a friend splurge on this to reproduce a "Lip Quencher" color she wore throughout high school. She was so excited about it, and pleased with the results.

So, if you just can't let go of that particular shade of red, there is help.

Wendy

Ms. Parriss

New in Town
Some like it Scarlett

CherryRed said:
I was in Walgreens yesterday and they had a display of LE colors called Some Like it Scarlett, modeled by Scarlett Johansson A lot of it was sold out, but I did manage to get the Vintage Red Nail polish. There are 2 more Walgreens here in town so I will be checking them out. They had some nice shadow sets and lipsticks too.
Well I was in Walmart today and I say the vintage red...oooooooooooo i love that red. It takes a while for the good stuff to make it to my neck of the woods, but I'm so excited that it finally got here! If you ladies are still having trouble finding it in ample supply, try Walmart.:eusa_clap

Still arriving at stores

My Mom just let me know that they just put up a mini version of the diplay at her local Walmart(NE PA). It didn't have all of the colors but she was able to get me the polish and shadow I was missing. It was also a lot cheeper than I paid at Walgreens. The lipsticks were $3 less each!:eek: so I got a double of the things I like best.
So, if you have checked stores before and it wasn't there, it may still show up.

brandi1214

New in Town
this is my first post but i've been a long-time lurker...
for any of you fellow canadians i just saw the "some like it scarlett" products at shoppers drug mart. i've been asking about it for months and apparently all the makeup reps had quit so there was no one to come put up the limited edition displays (hence the long delay). not sure what special training would be required to put it together but i digress...

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Sorry to dig this old one out again...

It seems that the range has now arrived in Europe! I found the "some like it Scarlett" Make up in a drug-store today.

I got to admit that the lipstick is for my taste too glossy and I got to agree about the glitter in the eye-shadow... I "stole" me one of their cards for the how to for the make up, though...;)

Shimmy Sally

LE consumers

For those of you in the Phoenix area, Ahwatukee drugstores are well stocked. The more we ask for it and purchase when it's available, the more effort will be made to meet the our demand. We want our vintage shades!

Nashoba

One Too Many
ARGHHH. I can't find this ANYWHERE. I've looked at CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, and no one has anything. No displays, nothing. I've looked for them but all they have are the browns and pinks. None of the Some like it Scarlett displays. It's aggrivating.
just had to vent that
Nashoba

SaraBell

Familiar Face
I bought lip liner, lipstick, and eyeshadow from this line...I have to say that I was a little disappointed when I found that the lipstick was wayyyy to bright for me...I do love the liner and shadow though!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I was in Target on Saturday evening and found a bunch of the LE line in the clearance bins! They had several of the Some Like it Scarlett and Leading Lady Red lipsticks for $3. I also saw some of the nail colors and eyeshadows marked down. Might be worth checking your local Target if you know where the clearance bins are located!

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
AllaboutEve said:
Just got my "reply" from L'Oreal.....
Apparently they have no plans to distribute this line in the UK.
No explanation.....
OK, so this is email war now......I have just written a lengthy missive politely but firmly requesting the reasoning behind the decision to exclude the UK so casually.
Secondly I have requested that they send me some suggestions as to how the UK ladies are supposed to enjoy this product line without boarding the next flight to the States, where ( I have pointed out once again) the U.S ladies are already experiencing a sell out.
We shall see...........:mad:

Militant?.....me?.........never;)

I just came across this thread. I don't remember seeing anything to do with this limited edition vintage L'oreal range or even seeing any Scarlett advertising either. Looks like Australia also missed out:(
I will check that. The colours sound great. I hate it when they do limited editions, they are usually the best colours too.
In Australia we can't even get "Besame Cosmetics". That's annoying. I will have to order online.

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
fortworthgal said:
I was in Target on Saturday evening and found a bunch of the LE line in the clearance bins! They had several of the Some Like it Scarlett and Leading Lady Red lipsticks for $3. I also saw some of the nail colors and eyeshadows marked down. Might be worth checking your local Target if you know where the clearance bins are located!
I asked my sister who works in a Target in Columbus, Ohio to check this out for me. She said they don't even have a clearance makup bin. :mad: I am NEVER going to be able to try these great colors.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hey Ms. Parriss

Where abouts in town did you find the "some like it scarlett" stuff? I can't find it where I'm at, I'm gonna try one other store up here, but I definitely think a sojourn around town might be worth it for these products.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner