Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

hambone71

Practically Family
You are correct, I sent it back to Michael to have him reblock it, it came out just a little too small, and bash it for me. He was awesome to work with! It does have the frayed ribbon, I really like that detail. Our discussion has me wearing it this afternoon, it's got a few rain drops from the passing storm.

View attachment 520655
Excellent angle! As if I needed any more persuasion!! Thank you for sharing those photos and glad to inspire you to give it some love!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Good grief, even more great Gannons! Wonderful looking hats, gentlemen!

I really love my new Gannon—the proportions, colors, fit—all just perfect. The only thing was that the felt on the crown was almost too thin—it was a little floppy and didn’t quite hold the bash I wanted. I ended up hitting it with Bickmore Hat Stiffener—basically shellac in a spray pump—and more steam and it came out perfectly. Exactly the shape I wanted and it has a little more substance to it when I grab the hat to stick it on my head or adjust it. My new favorite product (after Oatly oat milk). This is the third hat I’ve made more to my liking by stiffening up the felt a bit—magic!

Enjoy the long weekend, all!

David
View attachment 520596 View attachment 520593 View attachment 520594

You are correct, I sent it back to Michael to have him reblock it, it came out just a little too small, and bash it for me. He was awesome to work with! It does have the frayed ribbon, I really like that detail. Our discussion has me wearing it this afternoon, it's got a few rain drops from the passing storm.

View attachment 520655

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I really love my new Gannon—the proportions, colors, fit—all just perfect. The only thing was that the felt on the crown was almost too thin—it was a little floppy and didn’t quite hold the bash I wanted. I ended up hitting it with Bickmore Hat Stiffener—basically shellac in a spray pump—and more steam and it came out perfectly. Exactly the shape I wanted and it has a little more substance to it when I grab the hat to stick it on my head or adjust it. My new favorite product (after Oatly oat milk). This is the third hat I’ve made more to my liking by stiffening up the felt a bit—magic!

David

Terrific work. Your crease divining is at its peak, IMO. The deeper diamond with a rack is a fav crease of mine.

View attachment 520655

Wow. I like all the details.

Cheers, Eric -

tamz0r

Familiar Face

David
this is a REALLY nice looking hat. v pleasing colors and proportions kudos

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks to all for posting your Gannon fedoras. I am watching, reading and taking inspiration.

Here are some Gannon's I wore the last weeks.

i-TWG3Cmq-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric-

RBH

Bartender

David

img_9772-jpeg.520593

That fedora is perfect in every way! Perfect crease on it.
I have found [ im in the minority on this] that I like my hats now more firm.
The last couple Mike Moore made me were western weight and I like them better.
I usually shape a hat it keeps that shape, I seldom change them anynore.

Again great job on the crease!!!!

Mighty44

One Too Many
img_9772-jpeg.520593

That fedora is perfect in every way! Perfect crease on it.
I have found [ im in the minority on this] that I like my hats now more firm.
The last couple Mike Moore made me were western weight and I like them better.
I usually shape a hat it keeps that shape, I seldom change them anynore.

Again great job on the crease!!!!
Thank you!

Reactions: RBH

tamz0r

Familiar Face
New hat day yall! It’s a sahara open road clone. my first sahara and the color was a bit lighter than i expected, in a very good way; i think this’ll be a versatile hat.

details: 5 7/8” open crown, 2 3/4“ brim. i requested thin felt for that vintage feel. i also specially requested the style of bow where the tails are mostly tucked under the bow so they don’t flap around so much, and Michael nailed that too. very excited to wear this!

IMG_1130.jpeg

StoryPNW

Practically Family
New hat day yall! It’s a sahara open road clone. my first sahara and the color was a bit lighter than i expected, in a very good way; i think this’ll be a versatile hat.

details: 5 7/8” open crown, 2 3/4“ brim. i requested thin felt for that vintage feel. i also specially requested the style of bow where the tails are mostly tucked under the bow so they don’t flap around so much, and Michael nailed that too. very excited to wear this!

View attachment 521650
Beautiful hat! Can't go wrong with a classic style like that.

Mighty44

One Too Many

View attachment 521650
Gorgeous!

View attachment 521650

Sharp! Looking forward to see more.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 521650

Congrats on the new hat day! The OR inspired hat is goregous.

Is it the Winchester Sahara felt?

Cheers for your New Hat Day, Eric -

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Very classy!

View attachment 521650

Woodtroll

One Too Many

View attachment 521650

That’s a sharp hat, congratulations! I especially like the tall crown and the tucked ends on the ribbon - that’s a nice touch. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

hambone71

Practically Family

View attachment 521650
That’s a beauty! Sahara is my choice for my upcoming hat in a couple of months. You may have gotten his last dress weight Sahara body as Michael told me he was out and had it on order.

Wear it in good health!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ