Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW 2010 Stetson Whippet

RBH

Bartender
Mine arrived yesterday.
Been wearing it and I love it. The crown, brim, ribbon and binding looks great to me.

008ki.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Mine arrived yesterday. It's very stiff, kind of plasticky, but light and comfortable. I'm glad I didn't pay full retail; $49.95 shipped is a fair price I think.

4789458681_e0f68ae3e9.jpg

4790089620_209e99a4e3.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I recieved my Whippet finally. But...........

The whippet I test drove and showed pictures of..........the hat that fit me like a charm and whose straw body was flexable..........the hat that had the wide ribbon bound edge........well the one that arrived is none of that.

I ordered the same size as the trial hat but this one is larger. Though it was clearly tagged as a whippet it is a much stiffer body and when I snap down the front of the brim it acts like it wants to crack. The crown is much stiffer also. The ribbon used for the bound edge is noticeably thinner and lighter brown than the one I tried out and that the other guys in this thread got. I'm ticked.:rage:

RBH

Bartender
Wow Bart, sad to hear that its not what you were looking for.
And after waiting so long....

I will say the 'straw' on mine is stiff. But overall I love the shape and style of mine. Wear it all the time. In fact I have had it on all afternoon.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
Wow Bart, sad to hear that its not what you were looking for.
And after waiting so long....

I will say the 'straw' on mine is stiff. But overall I love the shape and style of mine. Wear it all the time. In fact I have had it on all afternoon.

The one I tried out was not as stiff as this. I was actually surprised how soft and malleable the brim was at the time, in fact. The wonky sizing has me scratching my head also. Sadly the narrower bound edge is the one that really gets me, it's only 1/4" wide.

Bluesman61

Familiar Face
handlebar bart said:
The one I tried out was not as stiff as this. I was actually surprised how soft and malleable the brim was at the time, in fact. The wonky sizing has me scratching my head also. Sadly the narrower bound edge is the one that really gets me, it's only 1/4" wide.

I also was surprised at how stiff the hat was. I actually thought I had broken it when I snapped the brim down. Also my size seemed too small. However, after wearing it almost daily on my recent vacation it has now become one of my most comfortable hats. I think it is a great looking hat, but unfortunately the quality doesn't appear worthy of the Stetson name. Still one of my go to summer hats though.

sc0015a954-1-1.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
The top picture is the hat I was lucky enough to try out, bottom picture is the hat I was sent when I ordered one like I tried out:eusa_doh:
whippet004.jpg

201008141100391.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
The top picture is the hat I was lucky enough to try out, bottom picture is the hat I was sent when I ordered one like I tried out:eusa_doh:
whippet004.jpg

201008141100391.jpg

What on Earth is with the Stetson tag below the ribbon? Can that be removed?

Also, the angle is different: is the crown different between the two?

The ribbons are different sizes too, aren't they?

Geez, I like the look of the one you tried out much better...

Sorry to hear about your troubles Bart.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
BanjoMerlin said:
Your new hat looks more like the Brewster trim. Maybe somebody screwed up.

BrewsterWhippet.jpg

The ribbon on the bound edge looks to be closer to the width of the Brewster, but it is a different color. Mine has more of a greyish color to it. It's a goofy mixed up Whippet for sure.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy