Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New aero 1920's halfbelt pre production arrived!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Maybe I'm missing something..but...if you had actually 'purchased' the jacket...how did they sell it to someone else..??
HD

I should correct myself by saying what I thought was my jacket or rather what I paid for... It would appear that two people (myself and the guy the jacket was shipped to) paid for this on the same day, and Aero didn't have time to update its inventory. Guess some folks were on vacation. I dunno; hopefully I can get the same pattern at close to the same price!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I was able to steal the photos before they pulled it from their site (man, I love this jacket!):

AB3A5E14-7BB2-4070-8F59-EF504893B2FB-5257-00000623FA76A8D7.jpg

015A8B54-AE61-4414-A22C-1C29406C7BB5-5257-0000062409BB635C.jpg

64B073C2-CC5D-41EF-946D-63683EABA0B0-5257-00000624246579C8.jpg

C2CE3146-C54C-4FEA-AD7C-C09A65CE3BA3-5257-000006242C2FB052.jpg

schitzo

Suspended
I should correct myself by saying what I thought was my jacket or rather what I paid for... It would appear that two people (myself and the guy the jacket was shipped to) paid for this on the same day, and Aero didn't have time to update its inventory. Guess some folks were on vacation. I dunno; hopefully I can get the same pattern at close to the same price!

tough break man. But Bretron, I think I'm right in saying you have a few to fall back on?

I'm sure in circumstances like these they'll sort you out.

schitzo

Suspended
Plus, didn't you say you weren't entirely sure about the length? Or was that some other aspect of fit?

It may just have worked out for the best!

That jacket is hideous.
Just saying that to make you feel better. Sorry to hear, that's a bummer. Hope you get another one that makes you happy.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Schitzo- Haha, yes an yes! I have a GW Dubow and Mark Fisher aviator d pocket in the queue. I'm a sick sick man...

I am very hopeful that this will work out for the best for me in the long run (eg get one that fits spot on, and not a tad shorter than ideal). Tho man it's a tough pill cos that pattern with a NOS Talon and Levi's lining was money.

wild_balls

Practically Family
You just fell on the wrong side of luck, or maybe not!!!
If it had the same length as mine it might have been to short
anyway. I am sure you will end up with a great jacket!

Ishmael

Practically Family
Sorry to hear the news Bretron.
But, on the brighter side, hopefully your Aero won't have the hideous brass hardware....

bretron

Call Me a Cab
You just fell on the wrong side of luck, or maybe not!!!
If it had the same length as mine it might have been to short
anyway. I am sure you will end up with a great jacket!

Yeah man! Working with Holly on my custom order at the price of a sales jacket- score!!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to hear the news Bretron.
But, on the brighter side, hopefully your Aero won't have the hideous brass hardware....

Haha- am I the only guy who likes brass? I love how it ages. That said I am going nickel (which I think looks sharper on a black jacket).

Haha- am I the only guy who likes brass? I love how it ages. That said I am going nickel (which I think looks sharper on a black jacket).
I've always liked nickel. Although, my Aero HBD is brass. Nickel feels more vintage to me. Dunno, whatever floats one's boat and all. Good luck on the new one!

Edward

Bartender

I like both. Marked preference for brass on brown civilian-style jackets. On black I like both... Was always a big fan of the chrome on an mc style jacket, but I've grown to like the shiny brass too. One day I hope to afford an Aero J106 in black with shiny brass.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

The nickel definitely looks sharper on a black jacket. That said, the antique brass would look very nice with the 20s style IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112