Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Member and My Aero Highwayman

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen,
I would like to thank the lot of you who are reading this. After many years of looking for a high quality leather jacket that would actually fit me, I stumbled upon The Fedora Lounge accidently. I have been lurking around here for quite some time. Reading, researching, brands, and styles. The wealth of knowledge possessed here helped me to make an educated purchase with Aero Leather sometime back in August. With much anticipation it arrived last week. I am thrilled as to finally own and wear a perfectly fitting beautiful Highwayman. I present:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/gijoe82/IMG_0159.jpg

Highwayman size 36" Oil Pull FQHH. Red cotton drill lining (I like it, but wow its a lot louder than I'm used to wearing). An extra inch in the sleeves and length. Extra breast pocket. Nickel zips/ball and chain. A couple of things I wish I had done: I have seen a few aero's with a leather inner hem to prevent liner sagging. I really like this. The other is I wish the lining stopped where the storm cuffs start. Other than that I am very happy with my purchase.

The Picture does it no justice. The oil pull finish is very beautiful, so my apologies for the bad picture, when the sun comes out and the wife is around to help take a few, I will post some more then. - Jared

Well thats anti climactic, why is the photobucket picture not appearing???

Hmm, a little help... the photobucket image is appearing on another forum I use. Why not here??

Last edited:

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
There you go!
IMG_0158.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Hi, oldcrow, and welcome to the Lounge.

The link you provided takes me to a log in page to see your account.

To make your pictures visible in a FL post, first make your account public. Once you do that, and youve uploaded pics to your account, youll see thumbnails with an http line and an img line beneath them. Click on the img line, it will say 'copying' for a about a second. Then come back to the FL page you want to place the picture in, and hit ctrl and v at the same time and it will paste the picture right into the post.

Id like to see your jacket so lets snap to it, ay?:D

Cooperson

One Too Many
Welcome to the form oldcrow and congratulations on a beautiful Highwayman. Enjoy the break in period and start saving - these leathers can become addictive!

Cheers

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Excellent choice. Hope you will post a few close-ups of the leather as well as a few out door shots. I'm very interested in Aero's oil-pull leather. A few members have found it to be a bit too suede like in appearance for their taste. I didn't see that on the oil pull sample I received.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Excellent choice. Hope you will post a few close-ups of the leather as well as a few out door shots. I'm very interested in Aero's oil-pull leather. A few members have found it to be a bit too suede like in appearance for their taste. I didn't see that on the oil pull sample I received.

Bonneville - I just don't see how I could describe the oil pull as suede like. I do think that the sample I received accurately reflects the finished product.
I am hoping that tomorrow I can get some closeup and outdoor shots posted, stay tuned! - Jared

53Effie

A-List Customer
Welcome Oldcrow. My oil pull HWM is starting to develop some nice patina and is not suede in appearance. Your new jacket looks great. Looking forward to more pics. Hope you enjoy the Lounge. I sure do and have learned a bunch here from the other members. I am located in Southern Oregon; so we are almost neighbors.

Mike

Bonneville - I just don't see how I could describe the oil pull as suede like. I do think that the sample I received accurately reflects the finished product.
I am hoping that tomorrow I can get some closeup and outdoor shots posted, stay tuned! - Jared

Very nice Aero FQHH jacket..!! It looks black...but I'm assuming that it is actually brown oil pull. I didn't think that Aero offered black OP. It looks quite different than the Aero brown oil pull HalfBelt that I have. Mine is more of a flat finish that is somewhat nappy..or suedy in places. Perhaps Aero has changed their oil pull hides. In any event..it looks great.
HD

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi and welcome on the FL!
You have made an excellent decision to get an Aeroleather Highwayman.
Looks stunning! Please post a picture after a few months of wear.
Thanks,
Andy

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Very nice Aero FQHH jacket..!! It looks black...but I'm assuming that it is actually brown oil pull. I didn't think that Aero offered black OP. It looks quite different than the Aero brown oil pull HalfBelt that I have. Mine is more of a flat finish that is somewhat nappy..or suedy in places. Perhaps Aero has changed their oil pull hides. In any event..it looks great.
HD

Hi hoosierdady, it is indeed brown oil pull. The pictures do make it look much darker than it is I think. It was take with a cell phone camera which is not worth much. Your description of oil pull is curious. I do t find mine to be dull, nappy or suede like at all. It's defiantly one the glossy side (a bit to much for my taste). There is alot of marbleizing in the color of the hide, perhaps that is what people are referencing as suede like? Nor would I say that it is nappy, it is in fact quite a smooth/polished finished. I have new pictures to share, hopefully this evening, stay tuned - jared

JanSolo

Practically Family
Welcome to this forum. Good looking jacket! Are you sure yours is made from oil-pull? Judging from the picture and your description it sound very much like FQHH maybe VFQHH. Here's a pic of a 2009 oil-pull HH jacket. The pictures were taken when the jacket arrived:

3026543285_02ef85e414.jpg

3027370478_1656548fa6.jpg

Maybe Aero really changed the specs for oil-pull hh. Please post a couple more pictures. Outdoor shots would be great!

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Welcome to this forum. Good looking jacket! Are you sure yours is made from oil-pull? Judging from the picture and your description it sound very much like FQHH maybe VFQHH. Here's a pic of a 2009 oil-pull HH jacket. The pictures were taken when the jacket arrived:

3026543285_02ef85e414.jpg

3027370478_1656548fa6.jpg

Maybe Aero really changed the specs for oil-pull hh. Please post a couple more pictures. Outdoor shots would be great!

Jansolo - It is indeed oil pull. The sample that was sent and labeled oil pull, looks like it was scrap from my jacket! I can, however, see why you question it. My oil pull looks much darker than yours. Like you said, there must have been a change in the specs.

Windward

Practically Family
Welcome to our world - and congrats!! Have to say its a good looking jacket - probably change my mind regarding oil pull leather - it worth a try for another jacket.
Hoping for close up and outdoor pics. . . Enjoy it in good health!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Bartender Note:
I've changed the thread title to reflect the content. If anyone in future were searching for this thread, the title wouldn't have helped at all. We're all about future searchability these days. Thanks!

Also, NICE jacket, and welcome to the The Fedora Lounge, oldcrow82!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy