1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

New Modified Aero Premier Halfbelt!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Radz108, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Radz108

Radz108 One of the Regulars

Hello TFLers,

After a fairly long wait (placed the order with TB in Feb and it arrived today) my modified Aero Premier Halfbelt has finally arrived! It's a size 40 in CXL Cordovan (requested the darkest shade available) with Auld Scotland Tartan Lining. The back design is from the Aero Dustbowl (dual vertical seams which are not gusseted like the dustbowl). It has nickel hardware and the infamous Hookless grommet zipper.
    After wearing predominantly mid weight leathers (my Vicenza jackets), I miss the armor like feel of CXL. However after a few minutes of wearing it, it softens up a bit and is quite comfortable. I believe the fit is right on for me and the mild contrast OD stitching is excellent for a handmade heavy leather jacket. The premier cut is very similar to my Aero Seven in shoulder, chest and trunk fit (slim but not tight fitting). My Aero Ridley is a slimmer fit especially in the waist area. With this Aero Halfbelt, I can easily layer if I wanted to. Arms are cut slim with high arm holes, but not as snug as my Aero Seven arms.
    Overall, the fit is great, the arm and jacket lengths are pretty good where I want them and the cordovan colour is rich and dark and should age and patina quite nicely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

seres, tweedydon, Sloan1874 and 20 others like this.
  2. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

It looks like it was made just for you... and it was!

A-1 likes this.
  3. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

Perfect! Nice photo work there as well...this is a piece of art and you wear it tremendously well. :)

Radz108 likes this.
  4. BobJ

BobJ Practically Family

Damn, that is a beautiful jacket! They should call it the Rad, and add it to their line-up!

Perfect match with the shoes too. BTW, what kind of shoes are those?

And how do you find the zipper to use?

5. Radz108

Radz108 One of the Regulars

Thanks BobJ :)
    The shoes are redwing Beckmann in black cherry I believe.
    Regarding the zipper.... you have to be a bit more precise when using it. Make sure it is seated properly. Once it is, it works pretty well. Honestly, I got the zipper mainly for how it looks on the jacket:p

6. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Wow that's one beautiful jacket, fit looks perfect and the colour is lovely. Well done.

7. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stellar jacket!

8. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

Looks great!

9. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Schweeeeeeet !!!!!

What a great looking jacket & the fit is just spot on. You've certainly landed a keeper their I'd say.

Radz108 likes this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Gorgeous jacket Radz. Fit is perfect. The back is really nicely done. If there's a more beautiful leather than Cordovan CXL I've not seen it. Well done!

Radz108 likes this.
  11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Nicely done. I love the Dustbowl back; so much so, that while I was originally looking at a Speedster a few years ago, I ended up ordering a Dustbowl with the Speedster front. Mine is Horween black bison. Yours looks great in the cordo - lovely hide, same as my old Bootlegger.

12. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Very nice acquisition that appears to fit to perfection. I wonder if the grommets at the bottom of the hookless zipper might add some additional measure of strength and durability, making separation of the zipper from the heavy FQHH less likely?

Radz108 and ProteinNerd like this.
  13. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

BEAUTIFUL

14. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Well Done!

15. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Really nice !!!

16. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

Nice ... very very nice :)

17. Cooperson

Cooperson One Too Many

Great photos, great jacket!

18. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday Call Me a Cab

The premier Halfbelt is already a great jacket but you've knocked it out of the ballpark with the mods and the leather Radz. That is one fine-looking jacket! I agree with BobJ about your footwear; in fact the whole outfit looks very well put together.

Off-topic: Funny how the world is, but the background in your last photos could have been taken in an outer Sydney suburb called Cecil Hills, right down to the lake!

Radz108 likes this.
  19. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I meant to ask radz, did you opt to eliminate the front drop? I thought the premier was based off the 30's HB with the front drop. I wish I had shortened up the back length on mine. I went with what I go with on jackets w/out the drop and it was too long in front. Yours looks to be that sweet spot for the body length. Hindsight is angry mistress in the jacket game, you've successfully managed to avoid it every time!

Radz108 likes this.
  20. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

wow
    Excellent
    Great jacket and fit
    Congrats