Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nitsche & Gunther Splatter Guard Goggles

Lt GUSTL

New in Town
Servus from Vienna,

here i want to post some pics from my Nitsche & Gunther Splatter Guard goggles.
Note the marking on the inner right side Nigura
- for NitscheGuntherRathenow.

I guess that due to the bright lenses they were worn by pilots during night flights (Nachtjäger).

kindest regards :)

Front.jpg

Middle.jpg

Middle_Back.jpg

Detail.jpg

Label.jpg

Upper.jpg

Hopalong

One of the Regulars
Here's a picture of my small WW II Luftwaffe collection showing the Nitsche & Gunther goggles I had which also had the pictured goggles original marked tin case. I bought the goggles, in fact, two pairs, one with its tin case and one pair loose from a WW II German collector at a local military show who didn't collect Luftwaffe helmets and goggles, for $100, for the loose pair and $200, for the goggles with its tin case, in the 1980's and I traded the loose pair shortly there after for a boxed pair of WW II Japanese Navy pilots goggles. I've been liquidating my WW II Aviation collection of 17 years little by little for the last 7 years which consist of USAAF, U.S. Navy Aviation, Japanese and also my small Luftwaffe collection that I sold a couple of years ago. Mike
WWIILuftwaffepic.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran