Norwegian Wool Sweaters

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Ticklishchap, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Ticklishchap

Ticklishchap One Too Many

Thank you. It’s a great fit. In a sense it’s an impostor because it’s not made in Norway but southern England (Sussex). However it’s also a better fit than the ‘real’ and admittedly old Norwegian sweaters I have. I might get the Ecru and Navy version as well.

2. Flanderian

Flanderian Practically Family

STEVIEBOY1 and Ticklishchap like this.
  3. Ticklishchap

4. Ticklishchap

I have ordered the matching Ecru and Navy Norwegian from Peter Christian as they had a Free Mail offer! I couldn’t resist it because although I have a very old version in those colours the fit of the Navy and Ecru sweater (see early photos) is so good that I couldn’t resist getting its matching version. It should be arriving tomorrow!

5. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik Familiar Face

Cool post. Being a Norwegian it is kind of fun to see that you guys appreciate traditionally handcrafred Norwegian wool garments. A few of the most traditional and popular knit sweaters or cardigans (kofte) are "Valdres kofte", "Marius genser"(modern pattern but very popular) and "islender genser". Also check out the "Sælbuvotter", mitts with the most traditional Norwegian patterns there is...

Ticklishchap likes this.
  6. Ticklishchap

Do you have a website for the Saelbuvotter?

7. Ole K. Vik

Ole K. Vik Familiar Face

8. Ticklishchap

9. Ticklishchap

E75F4D74-1B6E-4235-A07F-100FDC0E91A2.jpeg D5C06851-5740-4089-B0E6-847AFE4825CC.jpeg 20E65E2C-3DF9-4A17-AEC5-13E9AFE6F214.jpeg

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  10. Ticklishchap

Above is the Ecru and Navy Norwegian I have just received from Peter Christian- the counterpart to the Navy and Ecru I acquired from them last month!

STEVIEBOY1 likes this.
  11. STEVIEBOY1

STEVIEBOY1 Practically Family

I was wearing my Norwegian Roll neck earlier in the week, needed it when in the Pub Garden on the day we had snow in the morning.

Ticklishchap likes this.