Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now I'm really cheating on my wife!

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
...who said she's strangle me if I bought another hat. I did, and saved the situation by stowing it away as future "Christmas gift". But... I bought a second "strangle you" hat!

A Stetson Nutria quality (park ranger?) hat. There is no ribbon. Now, I have a nice horsehair band, tied up against a leather band with some red strands from a Moroccan carpet (don't say a word, now!). And I have another one, nice leather band with turquoise colored cutouts, so I'm not, technically "in need". But what would you recommend? Any suggestions for this hat, which I expect will be a very nice one...in my book, anything "nutria" is YES!

Here's some lousy pictures from eBay, I promise to post the real pictures (sitting on my coffin?) once the hat arrives here.

NutriaqualityStetsonrangerhatgen-1.jpg

NutriaqualityStetsonrangerhatsweatb.jpg

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Pablo,
Sorry to hear of your impending demise!!

As to the hat, i'd go with that first horsehair/leather band combo. With the ventilation grommets on that one, you'd get a very "Out of Africa" / Safari Hat vibe which I think is neat.
Whether you'd wear a hat like that with any frequency is up to you. [huh]

Maybe some pics of the hat and your possible band choices when the hat arrives and let us vote on it?! :)

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Thanks rmrdaddy, as to wearing such hat, quite frankly, it's becoming purely a matter of personal choice: as I slip out of the professional horizon, my level of personal freedom grows exponentially. And, of course, I don't work 24/24. So...hatwise I'm a happy person.
I'll take a few pictures of my hatbands. There's really only two.
Paul

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
After my last hat purchase, my wife decrying the fact that there is no storage for any additional hats to put into my daily rotation, finally exasperatedly says: "Why put a $50 hat on a 50 cent head." Luckily, I a bit thick skinned and simply smiled.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
jwalls said:
Paul; Blame the hat on me. Maybe your wife will buy that one.:eusa_doh:

Nope. I bought it.

P.S. I'll probably do as I did before: hide it. On my head. And hope she doesn't notice the difference with the other ones.

P.S. 2 Mmmm. Fat chance :eek: Even she knows the difference between a smoking bear and Dick Tracy.
Thanks anyway, jw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner