Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persona: You and Your Daily Essentials

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
I happened upon Jason Travis' photo series titled "Persona," in which he simply takes a photo of a person and their daily essentials. I found it fascinating how people's everyday items vary and are similar to my own. like them so much I went about making my own.

alaPersona.jpg

Who's next?

Big_e

Practically Family
City Inspector assigned to the Multi-Tenant inspection Program
m1.jpg

Work Gear
pe2.jpg

Weekend gear when playing around
pe3.jpg

Off Duty essentials when not playing around
pe1.jpg

Ernest

Colonel

One of the Regulars
At the risk of taking this thread too far off topic: I just ordered a Crossbreed holster a week or so ago (hope it gets here soon). Is that the Crossbreed belt shown there? I was planning to get one of those also, but am still looking at different makers of belts to use with a holster. Any comments on the belt?

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Both of my timepieces are Citizen EcoDrives.

The belt is a Crossbreed. I have had it for 8 months. When I take it off and toss it on the bed it springs to that shape. It will hold my firearm so well, I forget I have it on. It is great!

I hope you did not spring for the combat cut. I did not, and did my own cut. It's not as radical as the factory cut, but it works like a champ. The first two days you wear your Crossbreed, it will not be so comfortable. After that, it is like it is not there. I can wear it outside in 100 degree temps with no problems at all.

Colonel

One of the Regulars
57plymouth said:
Both of my timepieces are Citizen EcoDrives.

The belt is a Crossbreed. I have had it for 8 months. When I take it off and toss it on the bed it springs to that shape. It will hold my firearm so well, I forget I have it on. It is great!

I hope you did not spring for the combat cut. I did not, and did my own cut. It's not as radical as the factory cut, but it works like a champ. The first two days you wear your Crossbreed, it will not be so comfortable. After that, it is like it is not there. I can wear it outside in 100 degree temps with no problems at all.
I ordered mine in horsehide, with no combat cut, for the Glock 21. My plan is to measure for a belt with that one, and then order a belt plus another holster for the S&W J-frame that is my normal daily carry. I am still trying to decide whether to have the velcro added to the inside of the belt. Any tips on belt sizing beyond what is on their web site? Thanks for the info!

Getting back to the original topic, I will try to post mine tomorrow.

57plymouth

One of the Regulars
Colonel said:
I ordered mine in horsehide, with no combat cut, for the Glock 21. My plan is to measure for a belt with that one, and then order a belt plus another holster for the S&W J-frame that is my normal daily carry. I am still trying to decide whether to have the velcro added to the inside of the belt. Any tips on belt sizing beyond what is on their web site? Thanks for the info!

Getting back to the original topic, I will try to post mine tomorrow.

I followed their sizing directions. Then I called them to verify my measurements. They confirmed what I got. I do not have the velcro, because I do not feel that it is stable. I do not think that it can adequately support a fully loaded combat sized weapon such as my G23 or a G20/21 sized weapon.

For the record, I carry every place that it is legal for me to carry. One place is in my Masonic Lodge, as it is in a very crime riddled area of town. The District Deputy of our Grand Lodge is anti-gun and has stated that they are not allowed. However, nearly every man in my Lodge carries. I had a very long conversation with him in my Lodge last month, and he never noticed that I was carrying my weapon. I know he was looking for guns as he told one other person to put his in the car. The other guy had on a Comp-tac MTAC, but the brown clips did not match his dress belt as he normally does not wear a black belt. Moral of the story: be sure your clips match your belt and you will never be noticed wearing a gun. Most sheeple don't notice a few black metal tabs on a black belt. They just sort of go away in tone on tone.

I may sound like a Crossbreed fanboy, but I am and I am proud of it.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
This idea is great, Now I am going to mix things up and throw in what a lady carries around. I was going to include my makeup but lets face it we all know I wear it.
34013_10150219789890355_505185354_1.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

And this is why I carry such a giant purse
IMG_1047.jpg

I am reading all three of those books right now so I toss one into my purse when I am going out just in case I might need something to occupy my time

My personal kit is rather modest
Wallet not shown -- it's in bad need of replacement :p

PersonalKit.jpg

As I was using the camera take the above pic a stock image will have to do. I take it with me everywhere I go.
Fuji-AV100-500x381.jpg

Last edited:

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is all I typically carry in a day. If I'm wearing a suit, I lose the chain and D-clips and leave the knife at home. Otherwise, this is it.

kit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner