Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Okay, the third Borsalino in 24 hours! Here's the Film:
Photo252-1.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
I'm glad you like it. I knew you were going to love that Borso. It was hard to part with and I had two!
Enjoy :)

After having worn and handled this hat for the past day it is quite evident that it is the rightful king of the trio of Borsalinos I now own. Also, I said in an earlier post that I would be stunned if the felt is softer than the new Alessandria. Well, stunned I am indeed! I cannot believe felt this soft could hold up this well after so many years. Thanks again Rodkins----this was quite a sacrifice for you---and you broke up the twins! At least you kept It "in the family". :)

Oh, and have a very merry Christmas!!!

Last edited:

Lights

Familiar Face
Here's my new Campdraft. I will say at my 1st wearing I was a little intimidated with the height and width of the hat but after a few hours and many looks in the mirror, I am growing more comfortable with the hat. Of course being 5 foot 4 might be some of the problem.
ha ha just joking I,m 6'2"

IMG_3019.jpg

Last edited:

masiaka

Familiar Face
Here's my new Campdraft. I will say at my 1st wearing I was a little intimidated with the height and width of the hat but after a few hours and many looks in the mirror, I am growing more comfortable with the hat. Of course being 5 foot 4 might be some of the problem.
ha ha just joking I,m 6'2"

IMG_3019.jpg
No, don't joke about that! :eeek: I'm 5'7" and I have a CD on order. 5'7" is only a little short, but it's a lot closer to 5'4" than it is to 6'2". (JK, I already know that I'll love the CD and I like the look of a tall crown.)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Looks, great, lights! I think you'll find that to be a very wearable style. I'm only an inch over 5'4", if that, and I feel even smaller wearing hats that have too low of a crown or too short of a brim. All about shape and balance to me. And confidence.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
New-To-Me Borsalino. Astoundingly light hat, as has been remarked upon many times before. The overwelt brim is only 2 1/4", but it feels well balanced and proportionate to me. It had this doohickey sewn into the front of the hat, but I removed it, as it kept me from attaining the shape I desire, and it was slightly off-center:
5914ef878905ee151324906640.jpeg

Anyone want this plastic gizmo, let me know; I saved it.
Here's a shot of the hat:
2884ef8ed38a09b31324936504.jpeg

So super comfortable and featherweight! Definitely one of my new favorites. :)

suitedcboy

One Too Many
New-To-Me Borsalino. Astoundingly light hat, as has been remarked upon many times before. The overwelt brim is only 2 1/4", but it feels well balanced and proportionate to me. It had this doohickey sewn into the front of the hat, but I removed it, as it kept me from attaining the shape I desire, and it was slightly off-center:
5914ef878905ee151324906640.jpeg

That looks like a device to prevent damage when one walks into a not quite raised high enough garage door. I didn't know rollup garage doors were popular in Italy.

That looks like a device to prevent damage when one walks into a not quite raised high enough garage door. I didn't know rollup garage doors were popular in Italy.

It's from Germany and not Italy. These were supplied by German hat stores in the 1960s and very common. I never seen one stitched to the hat though. If this isn't a German market Borsalino than it might have been installed by the owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff