Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice one Mike! Very early 40's to me but I'm sure others will chime in.
Ebay score?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
Nice one Mike! Very early 40's to me but I'm sure others will chime in.
Ebay score?

Yup! Plus it's a somewhat darker gray in person than the original ebay pictures show, which for me absolutely hits the spot! :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
UWS Cowboy said:
Here are detailed photos. The crown is 6 inches by the way. So.. Can someone tell me when this was made? It's killing me!

I'm thinking '70s or so. Anyone else got a second opinion?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
It is not 40's for sure, I was thinking 60's. My old knox has a non-reeded sweatband and the embossed logo is not gold. I think mine is 50's. Mr Bowers are you out there? It is a very nice hat though, no matter how old.

Keth Grayson

New in Town
5XXXXX Beaver Stetson by Nudie's rodeo tailor of Hollywood w\engraved sterling hatban

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. I received a Stetson from my uncle when he passed recently, He was an actor almost 40 yrs and lived in the hills in coldwater cyn in L.A. He was one od the Marlboro men around 1981 as well as doing other cigarette ads later on T.V. and print. (WINSTON) He was the Tijuana smalls man with Janis joplin and later Cass Elliott on T.V. and print ads. He was in numerous commercials (Shasta root beer- blowing froth off his mug in western bar scene hitting another with foam, EVEREADY battery mtn climber who scaled a giant battery, SUNRISE coffee w| chicory, FORD - tossing football with O.J., wonder bread,many more. He appeared in almost evey Steven J Cannell production T.V. series made as well as AAron Spellings. in film he was in MIDWAY,1st pilot killed at Midway, OCTAGON, played "DOGGO", THE WILDERNESS FAMILY 1&2, played the pilot, A PIECE OF THE ACTION, played gangster, as well as in LETS DO IT AGAIN & A PIECE OF THE ACTION, THE RAVAGERS, HATFIELDS & McCoys. more, google Kurt Grayson.
I recently looked into the hat and saw the Nudies rodeo tailor, Hollywood, and researched it. I learned Nudie was a legend as a western clothier to ALL the stars! Nudie made ELVIS PRESLY'S sequined caped suits, LIBERACE'S Zircon encrusted outfits, He made the RHINESTONE COWBOY & ELECTRIC HORSEMAN SUITS, He made ELTON JOHNS outlandish suits as well as the Roy Rogers Tom Mix, Gene Autry, Hank Williams, George Jones etc, etc, Nudie was the original "KING OF BLING" and he topped off most creations with a Nudie\ Stetson\ Bohlin collaboration and embossed his name inside it. I see any Nudie apparell is a rare historic piece of americana and Hollywood history and as a result sought after. I for almost one week now cannot find another Nudie Stetson available? Nor any Stetson that looks as Mine except for 2 others, John Waynes which auctioned for $86,000 in 2007 and Glenn Fords. I cant wear it size 7 1\8 Too bad! Shame to let it sit uo in a closet! Yet it should be preserved. if anyone can tell Me anything about this hat and nudie or Bohlin please do Thanks Keith Grayson.
keithgrayson007
I POSTED THIS BUT THE PHOTOBUCKET LINK DIDNT APPEAR??

Keth Grayson

New in Town
5XXXXX Beaver Stetson by Nudie's rodeo tailor of Hollywood w\engraved sterling hatban

http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/keithgrayson007/
keithgrayson007
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. I received a Stetson from my uncle when he passed recently, He was an actor almost 40 yrs and lived in the hills in coldwater cyn in L.A. He was one od the Marlboro men around 1981 as well as doing other cigarette ads later on T.V. and print. (WINSTON) He was the Tijuana smalls man with Janis joplin and later Cass Elliott on T.V. and print ads. He was in numerous commercials (Shasta root beer- blowing froth off his mug in western bar scene hitting another with foam, EVEREADY battery mtn climber who scaled a giant battery, SUNRISE coffee w| chicory, FORD - tossing football with O.J., wonder bread,many more. He appeared in almost evey Steven J Cannell production T.V. series made as well as AAron Spellings. in film he was in MIDWAY,1st pilot killed at Midway, OCTAGON, played "DOGGO", THE WILDERNESS FAMILY 1&2, played the pilot, A PIECE OF THE ACTION, played gangster, as well as in LETS DO IT AGAIN & A PIECE OF THE ACTION, THE RAVAGERS, HATFIELDS & McCoys. more, google Kurt Grayson.
I recently looked into the hat and saw the Nudies rodeo tailor, Hollywood, and researched it. I learned Nudie was a legend as a western clothier to ALL the stars! Nudie made ELVIS PRESLY'S sequined caped suits, LIBERACE'S Zircon encrusted outfits, He made the RHINESTONE COWBOY & ELECTRIC HORSEMAN SUITS, He made ELTON JOHNS outlandish suits as well as the Roy Rogers Tom Mix, Gene Autry, Hank Williams, George Jones etc, etc, Nudie was the original "KING OF BLING" and he topped off most creations with a Nudie\ Stetson\ Bohlin collaboration and embossed his name inside it. I see any Nudie apparell is a rare historic piece of americana and Hollywood history and as a result sought after. I for almost one week now cannot find another Nudie Stetson available? Nor any Stetson that looks as Mine except for 2 others, John Waynes which auctioned for $86,000 in 2007 and Glenn Fords. I cant wear it size 7 1\8 Too bad! Shame to let it sit uo in a closet! Yet it should be preserved. if anyone can tell Me anything about this hat and nudie or Bohlin please do Thanks Keith Grayson.
keithgrayson007

bolthead

Nice Lid Cowboy.....

UWS Cowboy said:
It's a Golden Coach Dobbs. On the front of the sweatband it says President. Now that's a high crown. Not one for major stingy brims, but this is an exception. I'll post more detailed pictures tonight with my actual CAMERA. Any idea what decade this is from? The ribbon is amazing. I'll post pictures tonight.
firstfedorashot.jpg

thirdhighcrownshot.jpg

secondhighcrownshot.jpg
.....but from where I'm sitting, it looks like your front pinch is way off center, it should be inline with your nose. [huh]

UWS Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Thanks. I redid the front pinch, and this hat was actually harder to bash than the others I've had. The felt was fairly stiff, much stiffer than my Knox and Stetson deluxe. I don't think it had ever been bashed before.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson One Hundred

Found a beautiful Stetson 100 at an antique mall. I started a new thread on it with all the details and lots of pics. Size 7 3/8 in the box/suitcase.

B

3267419425_73ebd76962_o.jpg

3267419329_62b79cfbd5_o.jpg

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Borsalino

in chocolate brown, 1 7/8" brim, sold on Ebay as a 'bowler' (it was open crown, snapped up all round) :eusa_doh: but I rescued it...

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

no clue how old it is, but I think it is definitely 'vintage'.

N. :)

Mr. Paladin

Very nice, Nick. I think I saw that but I can't do those stingy-brims. You've creased it nicely and it looks great on you! Well done!

nickn5

One of the Regulars
Thanks. :) I posted a few other pics in the 'Borsalino Brotherhood' thread of interior and sweatband text etc.

Seems that round this part of the world stingy brims are more popular (but then I am in the land of the Trilby, I suppose). I'm not really keen on anything less than 1 3/4" myself.

N.

CaddyKid21

One of the Regulars
Got this at the Vintage Clothing Expo. I think its a Disney, I have to wait for the better pictures of the liner and everything else but here is the overall look. I left it as I found it.
The Measurements
Crown(open) 5.5
Brim:2 3/4
Brim Binding: almost 1 inch
Ribbon:1.5
newhat.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
From zip to two hats in one day

The mailman brought my Campdraft and my recent Ebay indescretion on the same day, my first two hats.

The Campdraft seems too tall on my noggin, but I never notice hats looking too tall on others. Perhaps I'll just have to get used to it. Anyone else feel that way with their first hat? That is why the more prominent bash-trying to lower the crown.

025.jpg

Next is my fifty buck Ebay purchase, a Worth and Worth Allegro. It is very "floppy" if you will, and has a cloth sweatband that makes me think it is of lesser quality (I don't know anything about Worth).
026.jpg

027.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner