Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
ScottF said:
Is it a true 7 1/4? I wanted that hat, and you got it for a good price, but I'm finding that those old Stetson westerns are often a size small (shrinkage from age?), so I'm now afraid to bid on anything smaller than 7 3/8.
It's a full 7 1/4,nice and soft,very comfortable hat.I'm going to wear this one a lot.....;)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Is it a true 7 1/4? I wanted that hat, and you got it for a good price, but I'm finding that those old Stetson westerns are often a size small (shrinkage from age?), so I'm now afraid to bid on anything smaller than 7 3/8.
You have a stretcher... it'll return to its original size. I did that with the 4X(1/2 size under) recently. Took about 15 minutes. You are only returning the fibers to their original form, not tearing them apart(as increasing over the label can do).

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
You have a stretcher... it'll return to its original size. I did that with the 4X(1/2 size under) recently. Took about 15 minutes. You are only returning the fibers to their original form, not tearing them apart(as increasing over the label can do).

That makes sense.

Okay - Michael, since I would have bid if I had spoken with rlk first, could you please send the hat to me, and I'll reimburse you. Thanks.

^
|____ (above was a joke)

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Shudde Beaver Supreme

Here's an old Shudde that belonged to Casey Tibbs. I'm guessing early '50s. I unbashed it to clean the rodeo dirt off, then put back in it's original state.

ShuddeFront.jpg

ShuddeSide.jpg

ShuddeSideUnB.jpg

ShuddeBottom.jpg

TibbsMe1.jpg

Michaelshane

One Too Many
ScottF said:
That makes sense.

Okay - Michael, since I would have bid if I had spoken with rlk first, could you please send the hat to me, and I'll reimburse you. Thanks.

^
|____ (above was a joke)

If you were bidding it probably would have gone a bit higher.I had my snipe set for considerably more.I wanted that one.I've only bought two hats since mid summer.I'm getting picky.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
If you were bidding it probably would have gone a bit higher.I had my snipe set for considerably more.I wanted that one.I've only bought two hats since mid summer.I'm getting picky.

You did well - glad you got it, and for a very good price. I paid considerably more for that old Western I just posted, interested in the history and wondering what 'Beaver Supreme' actually meant. It is amazingly smooth felt - very similar to a Stetson 7X. I've never had a twenty-five, but there are those who like it better than any felt Stetson ever did.

Wolfen

One of the Regulars
This is my new homburg. I got it on ebay last week. It is made by Stacy Adams.
S8001507.jpg

S8001510.jpg

S8001512.jpg

The bow on the hat has a leather center, its kind of unique.
S8001513.jpg

I normally wear a size 7 and this is a 6 7/8 so its a little snug.
S8001504.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner