Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post your KEEPER jackets. Here's mine and I mean it this time..!!

That’s so funny, I really prefer these jackets without belt loops, eliminated them on both my Langlitz and my Lost World.

But you can't put the belt on the jacket, then. :) I constantly switch belts and would like to do so on jackets. But sadly, I nevjackets with belt loops. I need another Schott 125, that's what I need.

Aero's goat comes into its own when dealing with more humid climates- it's substantial without being unwieldy (which HH is in those climes). The goat worked fantastically well in the relatively milder Asian winters, and, like HH, showed no signs of any mould or being affected by the summer heat in any way. Shanghai or Seoul in the winter, though, and you need the weight.

I've been of the opinion for quite a while now that in terms of quality and wearability, goat is actually the best leather you can have your jacket made of. I don't find it as pretty as some other leather but just a few jackets I've had in goat I have found to be considerably superior to cow or horse. Goat rocks.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't see myself moving this one tho perhaps making a switch for one with belt loops... I'd like that. But otherwise, this one stays.

I would not let this Cal go. If you or trusted F&F ever visit California take your jacket to Cal Leathers and ask to have belt loops re-installed with matching stips of leather.

IMG-20190727-174536.jpg

IMG-20190727-174645.jpg

IMG-20190727-174659.jpg

IMG-20190727-174546.jpg

IMG-20190727-174609.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

Nice Jacket, perfect fit. These great lining just faded away with the use of synthetic materials in the 50s. I'd like to see the zipper pull and stop. Have not seen this label. You have found some very nice vintage jackets in a larger size. They look great!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
FW Sunset, jet black Deerskin
View attachment 173054

FW Mulholland, vintage black HH
View attachment 173055

Eastman, Monarch 352nd, russet italian HH
View attachment 173056

RMC Raschel Wool Sports Jacket
View attachment 173057

Fleur de Bagne, Blouson Aviateur Jacket
View attachment 173058

:)

A most Tasteful line up! The last two are very interesting.

That was fun this morning :)
My keepers
ELC A-1 .50cal
View attachment 173068

BK Dubow 1755
View attachment 173067

Aero Highwayman
View attachment 173069

Aero Cheyenne
View attachment 173070

Aero Teamster View attachment 173071

ELC Roughwear B-3
View attachment 173072

ELC S.F.A.D. B-3
View attachment 173073

ELC .50cal B-3
View attachment 173074

ELC Irvin
View attachment 173075

Bronson B-10
View attachment 173076

Wow! Another tasteful offering! I understand the effort involved, well done.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Difficult to keep track of so many jackets. Difficult question to answer. not sure I can. Also a nice selection.
Thanks Terry,I found a couple of jackets last week that I forgot I had,,was a great feeling and they were in great shape and fit perfectly.My motorcycle jacket collection are all immaculate due to hardly any use ,thanks to Scottish weather & babysitting the grandkids,,:)

Last edited:

powersci

One of the Regulars
Before you scroll through: yes I have a problem and it's owning way too many (shearling) jackets.

My Aero B-6 was my go-to jacket this past winter. Perfect weight and cut.
bce8YqFl.jpg

Aero B-3. Only pulled out on frigid Chicago days. The colors alone on this jacket make it worthwhile.
zVCIk2Ql.jpg

Hugo Boss shearling peacoat. It's an easy way to "dress up" with a jacket.
OhpAdh3l.jpg

...and a second Boss jacket with the softest shearling I've ever felt.
Tu6WLqYl.jpg

...and a third one from Boss. This one has a nylon exterior that makes it better for wet weather.
BEdmvH6l.jpg

Drome shearling. I just like the style.
qrqPGkUl.jpg

A.P.C. x Carhartt. Got a few Carhartt jackets for yard work. But this is the one I wear out as a casual jacket.
apbuYqdl.jpg

northcoast

Familiar Face
This is my favorite jacket of the thread so far. That thing just screams quality.

They don't make 'em in 46 though so I won't be buying one.

I wouldn’t sell any of my Old Town jackets, but these are period styled 3- and 4-button fastening twill, corduroy, or moleskin ‘sports’ jackets.
Of my outerwear jackets, my keepers are:
Freewheelers Journeyman in black deerskin. I wore this today in torrential rain in Bristol and was warm and dry. I reflected today that this one is so comfortable (much more so than the horsehide variant), and ticks so many boxes for work and casual use, that if I’d bought this first many years ago then I probably would have bought no other leather jackets.
View attachment 172966

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Before you scroll through: yes I have a problem and it's owning way too many (shearling) jackets.

bce8YqFl.jpg

Aero B-3. Only pulled out on frigid Chicago days. The colors alone on this jacket make it worthwhile.
zVCIk2Ql.jpg

OhpAdh3l.jpg

Tu6WLqYl.jpg

...and a third one from Boss. This one has a nylon exterior that makes it better for wet weather.
BEdmvH6l.jpg

qrqPGkUl.jpg

A.P.C. x Carhartt. Got a few Carhartt jackets for yard work. But this is the one I wear out as a casual jacket.
apbuYqdl.jpg
Do you have any more pics of the Aero B-3? Normally redskin looks kind of orange to my eye but this looks amazing, a real deep red.

powersci

One of the Regulars
Powersci - I would not say you have a problem at all. I would say welcome - you fit in well here! :)

I agree! But...the insurance company says, "you need a rider just for your jackets." And then there's my husband's reaction when he sees a new jacket in the closet:

giphy.gif

Do you have any more pics of the Aero B-3? Normally redskin looks kind of orange to my eye but this looks amazing, a real deep red.

It's definitely a dark red color, no matter how bright the light is shining on it.

LHjk9pwl.png

Hu51wUGl.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

bce8YqFl.jpg

zVCIk2Ql.jpg

OhpAdh3l.jpg

Tu6WLqYl.jpg

BEdmvH6l.jpg

qrqPGkUl.jpg

apbuYqdl.jpg

You might have a problem if you were based in Florida or Cali, but in Chicago - hell no! This is a beautiful shearling jacket collection for the Windy City.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I agree! But...the insurance company says, "you need a rider just for your jackets." And then there's my husband's reaction when he sees a new jacket in the closet:

giphy.gif

Hahaha, that’s my girlfriends reaction as well!

55610f246eda5fc311b506c335856ee2.gif

I’ve started hiding new purchases from her. Then I just randomly slip it on after hiding it deep in the closet for a month. That way when she asks “is that a new jacket?!” I can say “nah, I’ve had it for a while” with a straight face [emoji23]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui