Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quintessential modern production fedora.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Matt re-invented the wheel for those dummies. If they let that influence slip away (as they did Matt, apparently) they are beyond redemption, imo.

i.e.- You can lead a horse to the last drop in your Stetson, but ya' cain't make him drink!

Why the devil did he leave that gig? Anyone know?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
It seems to me that HatCo has two areas of interest, the western hats and the fashion hats. While Matt certainly introduced a lot of retro designs based on the classic styles, we have no insight into how well they sold, outside of communities of enthusiasts like ours.

I think I read that HatCo has a new CEO who came from one of the upmarket fashion brands. Certainly, when I stumbled onto a HatCo photoshoot here in Fort Worth recently, all the hats were modern and trendy. The ladies there told me this was for the next years website - there was nothing there I'd want to wear.

Of all the Deckard era hats, the one that appealed to me was the Boss Raw Edge - I think Jared has one and it is a great looking hat.

Cheers!
David - 21 Century Man

I received my 150 Anniversary Stetsonion today and I thank all the Lounge members for their reviews. This is a great hat. The felt is as good as my custom. It is a great colour (caribou) and it bashed easily with no steam or water. I will play around with the bash tomorrow but I am thrilled with the purchase. I picked it up on the Bay for about 1/2 retails but even if I had paid full price would be very satisfied.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I received my 150 Anniversary Stetsonion today and I thank all the Lounge members for their reviews. This is a great hat. The felt is as good as my custom. It is a great colour (caribou) and it bashed easily with no steam or water. I will play around with the bash tomorrow but I am thrilled with the purchase. I picked it up on the Bay for about 1/2 retails but even if I had paid full price would be very satisfied.
Is it worth some pics...?.;)

RJR

I'm glad to hear it's so nice! We definitely need pictures!
+1,I'm very fond of my vintage
Hat-Stetsonian Vintage.jpg
Stetsonian.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
There's been a used one on my watch list for awhile. But it's brown.... I really don't need another brown hat!

I almost snagged that one our friend Belfast Boy bought, but I was concentrating on a custom at the time...

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Matt's blog simply said he was simply ready to move on to the next venture and return to California. Whatever the case for him leaving, it's a big loss for the company. I had no interest in Stetsons until I saw the designs he'd introduced.

We agree here in my home, Stetson had lost all sense of "form, style, material". Before Matt started kicking in his input, Stetson (aside from their Western Hat lineup) was starting to look like tomato soup...lifeless...dull...boring. The quality was one step above "party favor hats" made out of a plastic mold.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It seems to me that HatCo has two areas of interest, the western hats and the fashion hats. While Matt certainly introduced a lot of retro designs based on the classic styles, we have no insight into how well they sold, outside of communities of enthusiasts like ours.

I think I read that HatCo has a new CEO who came from one of the upmarket fashion brands. Certainly, when I stumbled onto a HatCo photoshoot here in Fort Worth recently, all the hats were modern and trendy. The ladies there told me this was for the next years website - there was nothing there I'd want to wear.

Of all the Deckard era hats, the one that appealed to me was the Boss Raw Edge - I think Jared has one and it is a great looking hat.

Cheers!
David - 21 Century Man

I may be mistaken but is not the new CEO some Lady from Tokyo Japan?

There's been a used one on my watch list for awhile. But it's brown.... I really don't need another brown hat!

I almost snagged that one our friend Belfast Boy bought, but I was concentrating on a custom at the time...

I thank you for not pulling the trigger. I don't 'need' another grey hat but was so intrigued with the stellar reviews of the Loungers that when it was still available the next morning my hand went into auto pilot and hit the "buy it now" button. Glad I did.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Maybe because Matt's input and Stetson's output were too different(?) As said many times before, all the 150th Anniversary hats I've handled were crappy (only the "Premier" line, that is).
the Premier 150s I have are great ... every bit as good as the Excellent quality that I have
really the difference is virtually unnoticeable
the felt on my Premier Strat is thin, soft and wonderful .... and I'm not one to talk up modern mass produced hats

the difference between the Premier and the Royal though is blinding ... those things are complete trash
borderline unwearable

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
the difference between the Premier and the Royal though is blinding ... those things are complete trash
borderline unwearable
I agree - but not on the difference. It may have been an early batch (it was in March 2014), but out of eight, eight was trash - and they were from different shops. The few top-line modern Borsas, I've handled, were of way better quality! I was deeply disappointed with the Stetsons Anniversary hats ... but then again, that's just my opinion :)

I agree - but not on the difference. It may have been an early batch (it was in March 2014), but out of eight, eight was trash - and they were from different shops. The few top-line modern Borsas, I've handled, were of way better quality! I was deeply disappointed with the Stetsons Anniversary hats ... but then again, that's just my opinion :)
I just picked up a 150th Anniversary Stetsonion and the felt quality and construction is as good as I have in my collection (both custom and vintage) except perhaps for some vintage Borsalinos. I have not handled any other Stetson 150's

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Maybe they send trash to Denmark?
All the premiers I've handled here in NY have been quite nice
Not sure I would compare them to Borsalinos that are twice the price ... But they are nicer than pretty much anything else on the shelf in a hat store.
The royals are complete garbage ... You couldn't pay me to wear that trash
They feel like costume hats

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21