Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quintessential modern production fedora.

There's a place for modern production fedoras, we're just a picky a bunch - and we're not the market for most of these hats anyways.

The Premiere Strat is a good hat that looks good on a fair variety of face shapes and builds (its one of those designs that's versatile like that). I hope Hatco is able to keep the quality up post-Deckard.

The excellent quality felt in my Fortune and Glory is absolutely the nicest felt Hatco has produced that I've personally handled. In terms of modern Stetsons, that's between Sovereign, Royal, Royal deluxe, 6x, 10x, and Excellent quality. Incredibly soft hand, shapes easily, and just the right amount of stiffener. It didn't take this felt long to get 'broken in.' I usually cock my hats to the left a bit, with just a gentle tug of the brim when it's on my head. The fortune and Glory now has a nice jaunty off-center dip in the flange which I love, and it's one of those things where the hat just kind of tells you how it wants to be. I wish there were more open crown offerings in the Excellent quality felt, because even at the $325-$345 price tags these hats were going for, they were an excellent value if you consider the price of 100% beaver customs (Art is $385, Optimo is $750, Penman is $550, etc).

And nobody needs to hear my grips about Hatco's ribbon work again, but I'd still stand by saying those hats were/are absolutely fairly priced for what you are getting.

Nicely said. I’m in complete agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails