Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Diego Leather, aka Leather.com?

ron521

One of the Regulars
Has anyone purchased a jacket from San Diego Leather, known also as Leather.com? Saw some attractive military jackets on their site, including a nice "G2 Raider", similar to the Raider offered by Gibson and Barnes. Interested in quality of materials and workmanship, fit, etc.

Corky

Practically Family
I have an ANJ-3 in cowhide from San Diego Leather which served me well for many years. But it pales in comparison with the same jacket from G&B.

The G&B ANJ-3 is a superior product, more accurate, and better made, and from a superior leather.

If I make any purchases in the future, it will be from G & B.

To get a good fit, it is helpful to go to the showroom and try the jacket on if possible. I wear a 46 suit or sport coat and found that the San Diego Leather jacket fit me best in size 50, but the G&B fit me in a 46.

Novos

One of the Regulars
Never heard of 'em but...their photos don't really instill confidence.

102XF(3).JPG

ma1-1gr.jpg

Last edited:

Buick8

New in Town
I actually did not pay much attention to the age of the thread but as you can see, you replied to it so I may pose the same question as yourself. Justleathers.com. Those photos are not from that site.

Last edited:

Buick8

New in Town
Totally uncalled for. I may be a newbie here but your manners are in need of improvement. Please let's not get the moderators involved. Thank you kindly.

Totally uncalled for. I may be a newbie here but your manners are in need of improvement. Please let's not get the moderators involved. Thank you kindly.

Your snippy reply to the other poster began the tripe. Paying attention to the age of a thread goes a long way towards it's value. Don't worry about the Hosts. They know their jobs.

I actually did not pay much attention to the age of the thread but as you can see, you replied to it so I may pose the same question as yourself. Justleathers.com. Those photos are not from that site.

My question is a real one.
I imagine that you must have run a forum search on this company due to your interest in them, and were aware of how old the thread is. To answer a 2 year old question that was never posted on again just strikes me as odd.
Kind of like somebody sitting at the dinner table answering a question posed several years ago and never discussed again. A bit of a conversation stopping non-sequitur.
So then, I wonder if perhaps you had some other question about the company...or were interested in peoples experiences with them since this origin of this thread. In which case it would be easier to just post the question.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
There's been a spate of thread reanimation recently. I suppose, with the passage of time, someone might have joined up who's heard of this company, but, generally, if nobody had heard of them two years ago, and given the wealth of knowledge on the Lounge, I wouldn't go a bundle on them.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Some confusion here for sure, the original post from a couple of years ago mentions San Diego Leather having a website at leather.com, as per the title, while the recent post mentions justleather.com.

Have no idea if recent poster is saying this is the same company, those photos are from the leather.com website. Confused?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, having opened the site, it's pretty horrid looking stuff. I think a good number of soft toys gave their lives for that B3!

Buick8

New in Town
Stop trolling.

Your snippy reply to the other poster began the tripe. Paying attention to the age of a thread goes a long way towards it's value. Don't worry about the Hosts. They know their jobs.

Stop trolling and move on. Thank you for being so nice and helpful.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
How is it, Buick, that you've posted three or four posts and yet your tally shows as one? Very odd. But this whole thread is very odd.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Stop trolling and move on. Thank you for being so nice and helpful.

Errrr... that's not the way to win friends and influence people... Cat's with one post don't get very far telling long time AND esteemed members of an online community to "stop trolling and move on." If you've a legitimate question ask, if not please refrain from playing "post police", it does you little good.

Worf

Buick8

New in Town
Errrr... that's not the way to win friends and influence people... Cat's with one post don't get very far telling long time AND esteemed members of an online community to "stop trolling and move on." If you've a legitimate question ask, if not please refrain from playing "post police", it does you little good.

Worf
. I had one but y'all do not need to gang up like a pack of wolves as those cyclists did on the Hutch parkway. Not cool fellows.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I have bought two jackets from Justleather and they are fabulous.
OK Buck7, you are wearing a bit thin but will try to give you the benefit of doubt. We would love to hear more information about the two jackets you bought, including construction, fit, and pictures. We are all into give and take here but try to take less of a defensive stance.

Buick8

New in Town
OK Buck7, you are wearing a bit thin but will try to give you the benefit of doubt. We would love to hear more information about the two jackets you bought, including construction, fit, and pictures. We are all into give and take here but try to take less of a defensive stance.
No problem there Finch. Best regards, Buckle up 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner