Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should Akubra make a homburg version of the Akubra FED IV?

Should Akubra make a homburg version of the Akubra FED IV?

• Total voters

APP Adrian

A-List Customer
I was thinking of something like this:

HOMBURG1_zpsd8478250.jpg

Does such a hat exist? Does anyone here have a custom homburg?

It would be pretty cool if we can get an Akubra Homburg Deluxe in Moonstone :cool:.

Would you guys like a homburg version of the FED IV?

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Now there's someone I haven't seen in a while. Has Richard been posting on the Lounge lately?

To answer your poll, I don't know. Both are different styles of hats. A tall straight sided Indyesque crown with a Homburg brim....hmmm. You'd have to get the brim width just right to be proportionate to the crown. Looks like a job for a little photo editing to see what one would look like.

APP Adrian

A-List Customer
It seems like The FED IV is much more functional than the homburg. Someone should post some homburg pictures for inspiration.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Terry, I haven't seen Richard in some time. I miss his posts. He always had interesting hats and colorful backdrops.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Not sure what a homburg version of the FED IV means (dimensional brim, high crown?) or would look like, but Akubra already makes a homburg. It is available via Hats Direct:

http://hatsdirect.com/collections/the-akubra-range-1/products/homburg-open-crown

While I am a big proponent of Akubra hats (and own 17), their homburg just doesn't look right to me - at least in the pictures I have seen.

I have two vintage Stetson St. Regis homburgs that (to my eye) are nicely shaped and proportioned.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Terry, I haven't seen Richard in some time. I miss his posts. He always had interesting hats and colorful backdrops.

I miss seeing his posts too. I agree. His backdrops always made for some nice pics.

Andy, Orangegrad, is another one I haven't seen in a while either. I've also wondered what happened to him. Both Andy and Richard were regulars on the Lounge.

g.durand

One Too Many
If my memory is correct (a debatable point), the hat Richard is wearing in the photo is the Akubra Homburg.

Terry, I agree, I miss seeing Richard's and Andy's posts and wonder what happened to them.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
If my memory is correct (a debatable point), the hat Richard is wearing in the photo is the Akubra Homburg.

Terry, I agree, I miss seeing Richard's and Andy's posts and wonder what happened to them.
Your memory is correct and it inspired me to buy one myself. It funny though, I look at pictures of Homburgs and love the look of them on others but don't enjoy my Akubra homburg as much as my feds. I think it's because the brim is much shorter. I've flattened the brim on my Akubra homburg but it still feels/looks a bit small.
I wonder if that is what APP Adrian is getting at.
Maybe one of you more experienced gents could tell us. Is an older Homburg a bigger hat than the Akubra homburg. I'm thinking specifically the 20s/30's hats.

I'd quite like a nice moonstone Homburg with a dark ribbon, but with a nice full brim. A nice silverbelly Homburg would be interesting too.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass