Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

crwritt

One Too Many
RockyHorror said:
I unfortunately don't have any full length pictures of my grad dress. It was absolutely crazy. It took over 300 hours of work, i loved it so much but i think it looks better in real life. Anyways, I'm on the right.
30887_10150357003520001_652220000_1.jpg

Wow! All that fringe! You'll have to put it back on and model it again.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful work everyone. I am so inspired.
This is my most recent. I still need to hem it and I have a better ribbon for the bodice but i misplaced it. I think I should take the skirt in and I wish I would have done the short sleeved version.
af1077528696.jpg
ebc0ef98053a.jpg

RockyHorror

One of the Regulars
crwritt said:
Wow! All that fringe! You'll have to put it back on and model it again.

Oh I'm sure I will, I have a bunch of pictures on my mothers camera as well, unfortunately it is currently in Ottawa with her.

NicoleAnn

Familiar Face
wow rockyhorror, that dress is amazing! you look very pretty

and deadpandiva, you look lovely :)

I'm a beginner at sewing but Ive made a couple things
I should post them
they're not even close to being as good as so many of you ladies
you're all very talented.

HepKitty

One Too Many
here are my dresses, not exactly a master at this sort of thing though

1952 butterick pattern

1947 butterick pattern sorry I'm kind of surrounded by family, it's an owl print fabric. sorta silly but I like how it turned out. looks good w/ petticoats but I didn't have any at the time of the photo

:eek:fftopic: sorry not exactly in the style of the forum, but a saloon dress and the St Pauli Girl, I made both costumes I think they're both simplicity patterns. and yes Leah's that tall and I'm that short

working on another 1947 butterick dress and ran out of thread late at night, so I started on a vintage pattern from I think the 50's that I found in my mother's stash of patterns from Grandma... will have photos soon

HepKitty

One Too Many
zendy said:
Hepkitty that owl print is adorable. Welcome to the FL it's great to see another Idahoan!

hi Zendy, where in Idaho? if you're in the worst part (SE) like me, there is a 40s dance at the Pocatello airport in the AvCenter hangar on the 25th at 1800, $20 catered dinner and a live band haven't heard the band but it should be fun

PS I'm from the pretty part of ID originally, the north! but the rock climbing in this area is awesome

December

One of the Regulars
crwritt said:
It Tietze something like Lyme Disease? I had that last year, from a tick bite, and felt like I had the flu for about three weeks.

Sorry, I've only just noticed this!

It's an inflammation of the cartilidge in the rib cage and lasts around 12 weeks. I'm currently in week 3... Sigh. Still, at least I have lots of time to plan my next project!

crwritt

One Too Many
December said:
Sorry, I've only just noticed this!

It's an inflammation of the cartilidge in the rib cage and lasts around 12 weeks. I'm currently in week 3... Sigh. Still, at least I have lots of time to plan my next project!

Oh, poor you, hope you feel better soon, rest up!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
deadpandiva said:
This is my most recent. I still need to hem it and I have a better ribbon for the bodice but i misplaced it. I think I should take the skirt in and I wish I would have done the short sleeved version.
af1077528696.jpg
ebc0ef98053a.jpg

I love this!!! So authentic looking! Bravo!

Hope you feel better, December!

HepKitty

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
af1077528696.jpg
ebc0ef98053a.jpg

love it!

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
RockyHorror said:
Oh I'm sure I will, I have a bunch of pictures on my mothers camera as well, unfortunately it is currently in Ottawa with her.

Ottawa? Me too? Are you nearby? Kudos to you for tackling all that fringe. I hope you had a blast swishing around in it on the dance floor.

kymeratale

One of the Regulars
deadpandiva said:

Great style DPD, plus you accessorize so nicely with a beautiful smile.

I am partial to bracelet-length sleeves myself. Partly because my arms are on the short side and most full-length sleeves make me look like a monkey in her mom's shirt. Now that I am sewing though, I can have whatever sleeve length I want. Woot!

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
DPD, that looks original!!! Gorgeous. Well done!

I'm working on a modern pattern at the moment, (the one on the far left) There are some good reviews on the net. I'm making the skirt slightly more full.
V9668.jpg

crwritt

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan said:
DPD, that looks original!!! Gorgeous. Well done!

I'm working on a modern pattern at the moment, (the one on the far left) There are some good reviews on the net. I'm making the skirt slightly more full.
V9668.jpg
I like that. What is the company and pattern number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner