Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

HepKitty

One Too Many
SheBear74 said:
Now that sounds like it would be fabulous! Can't wait to see :)

I made this one up with a pattern that I saw posted on here (Simplicity 9621), by Goldwyn Girl. I tried to make it a couple times with different fabrics but just couldn't get it to look as good on me as it looked on her!!! lol This time I made it out of a fabric that would be for bathing suits so I can wear it to the beach as a cover up, I think it turned out ok. I added a flounce to the bottom just for a bit of fun.

utf-8BSU1HMDAzNjktMjAxMDA2MTItMTc0O.jpg

super cute!

Marla

A-List Customer
Just finished this 50s outfit and wore it today. I've been wanting to make cigarette pants like this ever since seeing Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face.

The button-front blouse is from a 1953 Simplicity pattern. It has a peter-pan collar and short, cuffed sleeves. I made it out of cotton with vintage buttons.

The pants are made from a vintage McCall's pattern using a polyester/rayon gabardine.

4702379714_c583b28722_b.jpg

4702377498_884f5d841d.jpg

HepKitty

One Too Many
Marla said:
Just finished this 50s outfit and wore it today. I've been wanting to make cigarette pants like this ever since seeing Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face.

The button-front blouse is from a 1953 Simplicity pattern. It has a peter-pan collar and short, cuffed sleeves. I made it out of cotton with vintage buttons.

The pants are made from a vintage McCall's pattern using a polyester/rayon gabardine.

tres magnifique!

Foofoogal

Banned
I concur Maria. Someone in your area needs to snatch you up to do vintage modeling gigs or reenactment things.

Nice outfit also. :eusa_clap :D

Wish you lived near me to model. I have the most amazing 1950s white sheer dress with sheer red overcoat that looks like it would fit you perfectly.
Been looking high and low for the right model for this outfit. :eusa_doh:

wahine

Practically Family
Hello you wonderful people!
I enjoy looking at your pictures so much, you all do such great jobs with the sewing and the posing in the pictures. :eusa_clap It's just fun browsing the Fedora Lounge for hours!
I don't have so much to show since I never really learned to sew. But I'm trying, and being a newbie (I introduced myself in the Middy thread), I thought it might be nice to show the little bit I have.

This is the first of the two dresses I made so far (both cotton):

It's a variation from a pattern book with all kinds of patterns from the 50s ("Lutterloh Weltmaß - Der goldene Schnitt"). I don't really wear it cause the skirt part is so stiff, I didn't do a good job in cutting the fabric the right way. Also, the top didn't stay were it's supposed to stay, so I had to replace the straps which doesn't look half as nice as the original.

This is the second dress, from the same pattern book:

sorry for the lack of ironing and the unstyled hair!

This one came out much better and is really wearable. I combined it with a fantasy style round bag I made and a separate belt that's most likely from the 80s (but still matching, I think)

I plan to make more dresses from the pattern book, but it takes me a lot of time, being so unexperienced. Also, it's not so easy to change the size to my figure (the ladies in the fifties had so much smaller waists!).

swinggal

One Too Many
Marla said:

Simply gorgeous! Even though I love the 30s I have love for certain styles from the 50s - and this is it. The pants are lovely and where did you get the shirt fabric??

SheBear74

Practically Family
Wow Marla you are just stunning! Love the out fit too!

Wahine, those are some very cute dresses!

wahine

Practically Family
Thanks for the welcome, Kate O Potato! :)
I love the car, too. I wish it was mine. The pic was taken at the "Golden Oldies Festival" last year. They had tons of neat cars in all sizes from the turn of the century to the 1970s. I love especially the small ones like the Goggomobil, or the Isetta which you see in the picture.

SayCici

Practically Family
4704536412_fe744c4df7.jpg

4704537902_fbe719ea22.jpg

4703897255_84474e0698.jpg

Yay, my Civil War dress! .. that sounds like a weird thing to be happy about. Anyway, I'm really happy with how this turned out! I can see myself using this pattern many more times. There's more information about it on my blog.

I used a red-and-white striped fabric for the sleeve stiffener to up the whole Americana factor of the dress, not that anyone but me can see it! :p

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Cici, adorable as always...how cute? Who are the bods on the fabric? (I'm only just getting to grips with the civil War having found I had relatives who were with the Irish Brigade!)

Wahine, welcome! Great dresses! :)

SayCici

Practically Family
Kitty_Sheridan said:
Cici, adorable as always...how cute? Who are the bods on the fabric? (I'm only just getting to grips with the civil War having found I had relatives who were with the Irish Brigade!)
Kitty, that's so cool! They're Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant, the leaders of the Confederate and Union armies. :)

Thanks all! :D

BoPeep

Practically Family
Cici - I remember you talking about that fabric from another thread . . . very cute! Isn't it nice to find a pattern that is exactly what you want? I have a similar gored skirt that is perfect. I plan to duplicate it many times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner