Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Marla

A-List Customer
Thank you for your kind compliments, everyone! Most people on the street gave me confused looks when I was wearing the blouse and pants.

The fabric is quite modern, purchased at Hancock Fabric. I don't usually go for novelty prints, but that one really caught my eye.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
4704536412_fe744c4df7.jpg

4704537902_fbe719ea22.jpg

4703897255_84474e0698.jpg

Yay, my Civil War dress! .. that sounds like a weird thing to be happy about. Anyway, I'm really happy with how this turned out! I can see myself using this pattern many more times. There's more information about it on my blog.

I used a red-and-white striped fabric for the sleeve stiffener to up the whole Americana factor of the dress, not that anyone but me can see it! :p
Bejuses that is a sweet pattern and the fabric rocks cici. To be honest i love using things for the inside of my dress that only i know about, its like a little secret for me lol my MOH dress for my sister's wedding had dragons and rainbows fabric lining :p

wahine

Practically Family
HepKitty said:
cute dresses Wahline! love the first one, do you know if that book is available anywhere?

I'm not sure if you can get it in the US, maybe in the bay (search term would be "lutterloh" or "golden rule"). If you find one, it will probably be very expensive! There are supplements that might be easier to get but they're kind of useless without the measure ruler (I don't know the correct English word, sorry) that comes with the basic book and is needed to transfer the tiny printed pattern to your individual size. :(
It's a pity they don't reprint these books! There are several editions from the 30s until today with so many great patterns - I'm so happy I got the 50s edition from my step mom.

If you're interested, I might scan the ruler and the pattern you want and mail it to you. Since the book is more than 50 yrs old there shouldn't be a problem with the copyright.;)

Odile

New in Town
DSCN6370.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm in my first year of fashion design school, and this is the first dress I made. It was inspired by a 1930s Vionnet and the fabric, buttons, and belt buckle are all vintage...The professor told me it was a costume and had already been done, but what does he know.

The front seams are a bit puckery (my first time sewing silk) and the collar is kinda off, but for a first attempt I'm pretty happy with it

Sorry the picture is so huge, it took me entirely too long just to figure out how to post it, let alone re-size it

crazydaisy

Practically Family
I am sorry to hear you got such bad feedback for doing something so pretty! It is absolutely beautiful and you should be proud of yourself!

Lorelai99

One of the Regulars
Odile said:
I'm in my first year of fashion design school, and this is the first dress I made. It was inspired by a 1930s Vionnet and the fabric, buttons, and belt buckle are all vintage...The professor told me it was a costume and had already been done, but what does he know.

The front seams are a bit puckery (my first time sewing silk) and the collar is kinda off, but for a first attempt I'm pretty happy with it

Sorry the picture is so huge, it took me entirely too long just to figure out how to post it, let alone re-size it

I absolutly love this dress... professors don't know everything... and I really like your shoes!!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
What wonderful things everyone has been making! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cici- LOVE that color blue on you! Perfect!
Marla, you look picture perfect!

Miss Tuppence

A-List Customer
All are fab
Cici you are too cute for words! Adorable dress
Marla what a chic outfit- I want I want I want those trousers- not sure if I could get use to the narrow legs mind you!
I’m still waiting to be given magical sewing powers or at least an elf that can dress make:rolleyes: , so I too can post pictures! I’ll keep up the practising till then.

crwritt

One Too Many
DIY Roman sandals

I was so inspired by the mention of Mohop sandals that I made some similar.
Thick leather soled flipflops, upholsterery tacks, some ribbon and a couple elastic hairbands. $20 total cost. I need to rough up the leather bottoms or add
some non slip rubber, but these are so much fun, I think just lacing them could be a new hobby.
28263_1139718070173_1744062716_262841_3147046_n.jpg

Lauren

What a great idea! I want to make some summer 30s beach sandals and was trying to figure out what to use for a sole... that would certainly work! Thanks for the inspiration- they came out lovely!

Inky

One Too Many

crwritt

One Too Many
Lauren said:
What a great idea! I want to make some summer 30s beach sandals and was trying to figure out what to use for a sole... that would certainly work! Thanks for the inspiration- they came out lovely!

The flops I used were Frye.I had no Idea they are usually expensive until I looked online for them. Mine must have been from a few seasons back, the thong part was very insubstantial compared to the heavy leather sole.It is as stiff as 1/2" plywood.

Lauren

Ooh yes, Frye is pricey. That looks perfect!
Thanks, Inky! I also bought some of the sandal patterns on etsy and that's why I was looking for soles! Yay!

crwritt

One Too Many
Inky said:
brilliant crwritt!

these espadrille soles are on etsy and though they aren't badly priced (also a flat version is available), the shipping to the US is crazy ($25!)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/30302210/espadrille-jute-soles-for-your-shoe

I was going to hunt for some end-of-season sales or cheap espadrilles at payless to do my own.

and also these if you crochet:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48126678/vintage-digital-pattern-crochet-sandals
This is cute! Don't know if I'll be crocheting anytime soon, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner