Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Interesting to see it as an original - and you can date it pretty accurately from the pattern too!

With the label, I take it it was manufactured rather than the label was available for home sewers to put in as Vogue have done in the 80s, for example?

I never seem to have much time for sewing, although I have quite a few projects cut out or started already.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Elaina said:
Imold: I found a review for 2610 ...QUOTE]

Thanks Elaina! I read those reviews on PatternReview.com too and I was sorry to hear about the problems folks had with 2610.

I might pin fit the 2610 pattern to my dress form though because I did that with 2786 and the fit was spot on for me. Maybe I'd have similar luck with 2610?

I think I've pretty much eliminated 2858 from the running due to that wide midriff section (though I like the neck and sleeves on that one).

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
I finished this one yesterday.

3780.jpg

000_1569.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Va va vooom Goldwyn!! And you lined up the pattern in the fabric perfectly, quite impressive! :eusa_clap
I hope I can sew that well some day!

:eek:fftopic: This reminds me.. there are many swimsuits in Venus and such that I like but they don't line up the pattern in the fabric! Like, a floral print will have one big flower on one boob and not on the other. Drives me batty! I would order one if they did it right, esp. for the price I think they should take more time when cutting them.
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
WOW. I love this color on you and the flower in your hair. Someting different other than red, ect. Really makes your skin look porcelain perfect and your hair looks more platinum!
Nikki

LolitaHaze said:
I own this in an original dress -- the label says Vogue (not vintage vogue). :) Here's a photo of the original:

IM000068b.jpg

anabolina

A-List Customer
goldwyn girl said:

3780.jpg

000_1569.jpg
Wow, love the dress. I love the pattern and you did a great job on the bodice and that fabric's gorgeous. I've also got this pattern, but it's been waiting silently for awhile, maybe I'll finally get around to sewing it. BTW those shoes are also wonderful. I like how it all goes together on you goldwyn girl.

BTW Simplicity 4074 is a great wrap top, very flattering. I would give a pic, but the family's away, so there's no one to take a photo. (OT So weird to be alone in a house for the first time since I moved back in with my parents last November, but its nice. The house stays clean, food doesn't disapear from the fridge, and I can spread out my sewing projects to the dining room and living room. Too bad they come back next Monday ;) ) Anyway, I'm now putting a circle skirt on the bottom of that Simplcity pattern for my sister who had her little boy last January. She was wanting something with a wrap top that was slimming with a full skirt and this one should fit the bill. lol If I get it done in time, I'll even get to wear it before I give it to her, just to make certain it won't fall apart of course...

Jenni Jazz

New in Town
exquisitebones said:
when the heck is joanns doing the dollar sale on simplicity again?

Simplicity patterns will be on sale for $1.99 at Jo-Ann's July 12th thru 14th! And Butterick patterns will be on sale for $1.99 as well July 19th thru the 21st. (I work at Jo-Ann's. ;) )

Elaina

One Too Many
I made 4044's pants in a polyester/lycra 90/10 blend (I know as much as I complain about stretch pants on fat girls, I do it). My only complaint is that my real waist is about 4 inches lower then these are, and while I have a petite body, I have long legs (fitting nightmare, I have 3 inches from my waist to hip, and a 32.5" inseam). So I either have to make things to fit me with a corset/backbrace or not at all.

I will say, they look smashing, I think I'm the only one that notices I've been visually cut in half if I don't wear a corset with it, and then I can make a "normal" waist so the band will sit where it's supposed to if I wear it.

Jackets are a whole 'nother problem.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Goldwyn girl: I work on the very same dress right now so I´m very glad to see a goodlooking finished result. Right now after having got the fabric for the inside-lining I just wait for the contrating fabric to continue with the bodice :)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Standing ovation! That fabric is fab and you look great! I was on the fence about this dress but no more.

When the temp drops and you've finished the jacket could you please post a picture of the whole ensemble?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hurray!! An insider..hehe...*snicker*
Thanks Jenni!
Nikki

Jenni Jazz said:
Simplicity patterns will be on sale for $1.99 at Jo-Ann's July 12th thru 14th! And Butterick patterns will be on sale for $1.99 as well July 19th thru the 21st. (I work at Jo-Ann's. ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR