Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Pink... Oh! How fun! I have (obviously) never been to sally's! Hrm... interesting... A veggie making lunch for carnivors... Bwhahaha!

Red... I agree! We totally need to have a lunch and take over... er I mean visit with Pink!

Donna/Dante

New in Town
goldwyn girl said:
I finished this one yesterday.

3780.jpg

000_1569.jpg

I'm going to be making that for a friend pretty soon. She wants me to draft out the front seam in the skirt, so when I go to trace off the pattern and put the pieces on her cloth, I may be substituting another skirt entirely, if the skirt won't work on a fold. My friend's fabric is a nifty pink cotton with an allover print of black cherries. :) I'll be doing black piping to outline the seams on the bodice, and make the straps & ties in black.

-d

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
For my next trick...

I fell in love with this navy drop waist dress after seeing The Painted Veil.

22454277_l.png

So I searched for a 1920s pattern in my size and found one dated August 16, 1921. It's a McCall's printed pattern! Not to mention it's looks almost exactly like hers! So I'm going to find fabric tomorrow. I'll most definitely post pics when I'm finished!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
goldwyn girl said:
I finished this one yesterday.

3780.jpg

000_1569.jpg

How amazing and adorable are you in that dress Goldwyn!!!!!!:eusa_clap You did a beautiful job on it!
I can't wait to try this pattern!:D

DrMags

New in Town
For those that are buying/using original (1940s vintage) patterns, a quick question..

Is there a difference (I've heard there is) between the sizing back then, and now? for example is my size 8 .. a size??? in a 1940s original pattern..

thx much!

so many talented ladies!:)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Yes... sizing is differnt. If you are an 8 now, you would be a 16 then. So look for patterns size 16. I believe that Lauren started a thread that tells more about the sizing differences based on era...

DrMags said:
For those that are buying/using original (1940s vintage) patterns, a quick question..

Is there a difference (I've heard there is) between the sizing back then, and now? for example is my size 8 .. a size??? in a 1940s original pattern..

thx much!

so many talented ladies!:)

MinnieRose

Familiar Face
I really want this pattern for the pants, too. I bought a vintage blouse pattern off ebay that I'd like to pair it with. However, since I can barely sew, I am not sure how this is going to happen!

McCall4327.jpg

exquisitebones said:
when the heck is joanns doing the dollar sale on simplicity again?
I realllllllllllly want this one:
3688.jpg

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Thank you CanadaDoll.

Here is my version of this pattern. I lowered the neck and raised the armholes. They gaped to much on me.

B4790.jpg

000_1599.jpg

And I also found this photo from Disneyland in the 1950's. The woman in the black with the red shoes, center, appears to be wearing the same design but with a different neckline.

KT_5960_N04B.jpg

Nashoba

One Too Many
How awsome to have found a real life vintage version of it! And it looks great on you Goldwyn! I have the pattern but have yet to do anything with it...it's on the list somehwere...

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn that is super cute, love the pooch!! I'm glad you posted with the lowered neck, as I wanted to change mine as well. I'm thinking of a V neck, not sure. But I just can't stand fabric by by neck, lol!

Seems like I've seen a real version of this dress too.. and the original pattern vs. this retro copy. Neat pic!!
Nikki

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Goldwyn, I'm in the midst of making that dress (like every other girl with a sewing machine--it's so popular, with good reason) your great picture gave me a boost of energy to keep sewing all that bias!

Where'd you get those great shoes?

Love your poodle too!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
ohairas, glad you liked it. I don't like things high on my neck either. I have also seen the original pattern, I just can't remember where.

imoldfashioned, yes bias is a bit on the dull side to sew but keep going. The shoes came from "Mary Delux" from the FL she listed them on ebay. They are a favorite of mine. Poodles rule :)

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
goldwyn...hahaha I was looking at your picture and thought oh I love her shoes! They look soooo familiar! hahahaha lol I'm glad you like em!

The dress looks wonderful!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
Thank you CanadaDoll.

Here is my version of this pattern. I lowered the neck and raised the armholes. They gaped to much on me.

B4790.jpg

000_1599.jpg

And I also found this photo from Disneyland in the 1950's. The woman in the black with the red shoes, center, appears to be wearing the same design but with a different neckline.

KT_5960_N04B.jpg

Yeah the armholes do that to me like nobody's business. Yours look fabulous though!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Man, you gals have been busy! I have made it a point not to sew at home anymore, only when I intern at Stitch lounge. Um, yeah, thats what I say...

Anywho, I made this number last week for the SF event later this month. The dress is green, but not THIS green.

DSC00619.jpg

Its a linen/cotton blend, my favorite fabric! :)
Also Im experimenting with pleats. The yolk is fully pleated by hand! Sheesh!!

DSC00620.jpg

With a peak a boo closure ;)

Im also goint to make a bolero and put a pleat around the bottom of the skirt, I think.

There is a hat commin too, with a vail...Im gonna look fab!
Now for shoes...

Later ladies!

LD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
You will look fab indeed Lady Day! Great job, love those pleats and peekaboo! Can't WAIT to see da hat!! :eusa_clap
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner