Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Thanks! I am recovering a parasol also, but it's for another dress that I'm working on this weekend. Pictures of that when it happens. :rolleyes:

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Miss Neecerie said:
Yes...but you would confuse the poor ship....She wasn't even a gleam in the shipbuilders eyes til 1926 and not really built in earnest until 1934.

Have mercy on her!

Heehee. Must get really confused when they have the "Steamship Ball" on her circa Civil War every year... still trying to figure out that one...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My outfit for tomorrow.

Mytomorrowoutfit.jpg

I made the skirt, and sewed the appliques to the cardie. So I Guess I made this outfit. :)

LD

Lauren

I love how you make things and re-do other things! I have a feeling if we lived close we'd plunder the nearest thrift stores to create something out of... er.. something ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren Henline said:
I love how you make things and re-do other things! I have a feeling if we lived close we'd plunder the nearest thrift stores to create something out of... er.. something ;)

Abso-positiv-lutely!* :D
Oh, and this is what my sewing nook looks like after a day of sewin' Note the kittie on the sewing table :p
sewingnook.jpg

LD

*yes

Lauren

Indeed. Cats just seem to go with sewing. I just got a new kitty on Saturday. When she came out on Monday to hang out and laid smack dab in the middle of my muslin laid out for cutting, I fell in love :)

Your sewing room looks like that? That's CLEAN!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren Henline said:
Indeed. Cats just seem to go with sewing. I just got a new kitty on Saturday. When she came out on Monday to hang out and laid smack dab in the middle of my muslin laid out for cutting, I fell in love :)

Your sewing room looks like that? That's CLEAN!

lol
Its also my drawing nook, my animating nook, my painting nook, and my writing nook, so for all those functions, its a pigsty!

Oh, and congrads on the new sewing helper :)

LD

Rosie

One Too Many
hope this shows up

This is more vintage inspired, I did this in two hours! But cut my finger in the process :(

I'm thinking of adding black trim and a bow to the bottom.

IMG_0001.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My weekend creations.

This is a yellow and brown calico with brown trim. I made the skirt two layers cause I dont like wearing slips. Both dresses have removable belts.

yellowbrowndress.jpg

Here is th detail on the trim.
yellowbrowncloseup.jpg

Here is a basic shirt dress I made.
bluedress.jpg

Detail.
bluedresscloseup.jpg

I have another dress cut out and ready to go, but I need to clean before I can start on that :)

Later ladies!

LD

Lauren

Ok.. I've come out of the sewing cave relatively unharmed (minus the strange painful blister on one hand and jabbing myself with a pin under my fingernail on the other hand). So, yes, definately NOT golden era, but here's my 1700's Robe De Francaise:
robe13.jpg

robe14.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren Henline said:
Ok.. I've come out of the sewing cave relatively unharmed (... jabbing myself with a pin under my fingernail on the other hand).

Oaaaahhh, I HATE it when that happens. Beautiful gown! Is it finished? I can just envision you wearing that to get the mail in lol Freak out your neighbors!

LD

Lauren

Lady Day said:
Oaaaahhh, I HATE it when that happens. Beautiful gown! Is it finished? I can just envision you wearing that to get the mail in lol Freak out your neighbors!

LD

Haha! I think my neighbors must think I'm an actor or something- they used to ask me "Are you in a play?" But now I think they're used to me going out (victorian, edwardian, 30's, 40's...) heehee!

Yup, it's pretty much done. Just needs a few hooks and eyes and a a few short seams to tack the lining to the waist!

And thank you, Decodoll! :D

Rosie

One Too Many
:eusa_clap Great work Ladies. Lady Day, I'm loving your shirtdress, and oh, buttons, I run from those.

Lauren, that dress is exquisite, how long does something like that take? I'm far too lazy to think about attempting something like that.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I needed some simple med weight jackets.

From this . . . .
butterwicpattern.jpg

Came these. . . .
blueswing.jpg

brownplaid.jpg

I love how they tunred out. The pattern is super simple and only took me a day to make each. On the Plaid one, I added a button at the neck.

PLUS I have enough fabric left over to make matching vests and skirts!! :D :D :D

LD

decodoll

Practically Family
They came out great, Lady Day! That's the same jacket I was wearing when we met at Le Colonial! :) I made the longer sleeve without the cuffs, though. I always thought I would add a button too if I made it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass